Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2022, 17:02   #1
Senior - BHPian

Maruti beats Samsung to regain position as no.1 customer-facing MNC in India

Maruti Suzuki has regained its position as the largest customer-facing MNC in India, after Samsung India posted lower revenues in FY2022.

Maruti beats Samsung to regain position as no.1 customer-facing MNC in India-screenshot-20221025-170012.jpg

According to a media report, Samsung India’s revenue soared by 8.6% to Rs 82,451 crores in FY2021-22, whereas Maruti posted revenue of Rs 88,295 crore. The Korean smartphone maker's revenue had surpassed that of India's largest carmaker in FY2021.

The mobile phone business accounts for 67% of Samsung’s total turnover. It alone contributed Rs 55,201 crores towards revenue. The company’s home appliance business makes up 12% with a turnover of Rs 9,981 crores.

Despite growth in revenue, Samsung India’s net profit fell by 4.9% to Rs 3,844 crores.

Source: Economic Times

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by Rehaan : 26th October 2022 at 19:13. Reason: Updating article & title to correct information.
TusharK is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 25th October 2022, 18:06   #2
BHPian

re: Maruti beats Samsung to regain position as no.1 customer-facing MNC in India

Been using their flagships since quite some time. Frankly, the features they offer and convenience it brings in life is ultimate. I stopped carrying my wallet as phone was enough for carrying everything a wallet has, from credit/debit cards to driving license.

Good for them. Way to go Samsung!
batish is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th October 2022, 20:44   #3
BHPian

re: Maruti beats Samsung to regain position as no.1 customer-facing MNC in India

To be honest, Maruti is way up in the charts in my books, which other manufacturers can never reach. There was no luck involved. Their timing was a bit early. They just worked hard and expanded beyond imagination in a poor country. Other brands will have to burn billions of dollars to expand beyond Maruti levels. Then and only then, they will be able to crack it.

The Koreans [Hyundai & Kia] are playing this game strategically and are moving up, but i still have my doubts. Hyundai took years to fix the steering rattle and i guess it was intentional to ensure high service repairs to dealerships, so they can better survive.

Samsung service is excellent, but this comparison is utterly ridiculous.
Mustang_Boss is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th October 2022, 17:23   #4
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

My hospital faced 12000 patients in the OPD last year. The bakery infront of it faced 8000 customers.
We beat the bakery.

What is the point of such a research? What does it do to help us TeamBHPians?
lemedico is offline   (18) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks