Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2022, 23:14   #31
BHPian

Re: Delhi: Over 50 lakh old vehicles de-registered in 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeTee TSI View Post
Shouldn't there be a pro rata refund of the 15-year lifetime tax paid by a diesel vehicle which got scrapped in 10?
It is small amount, if anybody cared at all there would have been some action taken but when people are not worried about their vehicles getting scrapped prematurely i don't think they're gonna care about the miniscule amount of money and the run around the government gives.

If everything was fair and government cared about actual problems, then the Road Tax and even the GST that the government charged should be refunded at a pro rata basis on the scrapping of the vehicle.
Do this and see the government running in every direction and slamming fines on people raising their voices.
revvharder is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2022, 08:47   #32
Senior - BHPian

I think I should give up my love for cars. It's OK, can still have them as screen savers, posters on the wall and in dreams. The more I love my cars, others seem to detest it and want to punish me for my love of cars. Junk all the cars, buy the cheapest and most boring car, just keep one and keep driving it everywhere, one that makes sense to your head and not your heart. It's slowly getting to that. Sorry for the rant
TheARUN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2022, 14:35   #33
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by batish View Post
Most pathetic NGT judgement till date. Is it even plausible that these 50 Lakh vehicles have been scrapped?
Sold in neighboring states. Few might still be plying in Delhi with UK, UP, and HR registration.
Old 27th October 2022, 12:09   #34

I think the transport minister should be asked to view this thread.

In this same bulletin we have a report of a beautiful Mercedes which is 41 years old looking all glorious - what a beauty! Looking at such a magnificient beauty, how can any sane set of people declare 10 years as a life of a car!!!

We should all inform the government that it is 5.23 million votes (and multiples!!) that they are not getting in the MCD or the assembly elections!!

This is the language politicians understand.
pankajdikshit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2022, 16:19   #35
BHPian

So I stumbled upon this thread ironically while going through a bunch of car reviews which I have my eyes on, shortlisted because my beloved 2015 S-Cross would be (forcefully) due for a replacement by 2025 thanks to the Supreme Court ruling.

To add more to the frustrations, the CAQM has added banning of BS3 petrol and BS4 diesel vehicles in the capital under their GRAP stage 3 this year which previously did not ban vehicles. Rendering lot of car owners like myself unable to legally use their legally registered vehicles in the city for which we have paid a lifetime tax for 15 years!

Up till 2020 I still had hopes of some kind of intervention and/or reassessment of the order but it seems the Courts are incapable of taking any suo moto cognizance wrt this NGT rule as clearly there is no data to support the claims of the Tribunal and there has been absolutely no positive change in the AQI levels over the past 5 years. Neither has there been any ground action taken against deregistered vehicles which have anyhow already lost any economic value.

The Centre did bring in the new Green Tax which was a ray of hope but sadly it does not apply to the NCR car owners who continue to lose money and peaceful sleep over this.

Do we all not know of many car owners who have been holding onto their old cars not because they love them but only because they can't afford to buy a new one? What happens to them, primarily the pensioned people and dependents?

In my point of view, the ones who can afford a new car every 10/15 years anyhow end up upgrading their cars every 5-8 years. It is mostly the elderly, the dependents or the ones not very financially sound who end up keeping cars for longer periods as it a necessity.

I had hoped someone with a strong legal background or an organization of people would come forward with a reasonable intervention but that has not happened in the past 6 years ever since these rules came into discussions and existence.

For now, buying an expensive car in NCR does seem stupidity to me considering how much even a 7 year old petrol car drops in value just because it is registered in NCR! Similarly aged cars from other States can be seen offered and sold at noticeably better prices which makes me even sadder.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks