Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2023, 12:10   #76
BHPian

re: Maruti Invicto | Re-badged Innova Hycross

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghuVis View Post
Is this just a regular re-badged version?
I have the same question after seeing the camouflaged vehicles. If it is just rebadging why is it necessary for Maruti to do these apparent test drives in camouflage?
Old 11th June 2023, 21:02   #77
BHPian

Isn't the hycross a D Segment vehicle having a length greater than 4.5 m? Media reports is that Maruti is going to launch a C Segment MPV. I am confused.

Last edited by Axe77 : 11th June 2023 at 21:22.
abh411 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2023, 10:33   #78
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Engage MPV (rebadged HyCross) spotted undisguised for the first time.

Maruti Invicto | Re-badged Innova Hycross-20230612_103319.jpg

Source

Last edited by Omkar : 14th June 2023 at 12:34.
Venkatesh is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 12th June 2023, 11:01   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

The front-end design of the Suzuki version looks much more sportier than the Innova!!

PS: I don’t think Maruti Suzuki will be getting the ADAS version of the HyCross.

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 12th June 2023 at 11:11.
CEF_Beasts is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 12th June 2023, 11:27   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

So Maruti just slapped the chrome tie from the XL6 onto the Hycross grille and gave it their name? In comparison, the recent rebadging of Baleno and GV were sincere efforts by Toyota.

Last edited by ashis89 : 12th June 2023 at 11:44.
ashis89 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 12th June 2023, 12:30   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abh411 View Post
Isn't the hycross a D Segment vehicle having a length greater than 4.5 m? Media reports is that Maruti is going to launch a C Segment MPV. I am confused.
The Hycross is internally designated C-MPV since it is based on the TNGA-C platform.
Old 12th June 2023, 13:37   #82
BHPian

So please correct me if I am wrong, how many Toyota cars have been re-badged as Suzuki cars in India till now? I think it has always been 'S' to 'T' (even letters are arranged in English alphabet like that ;-)).

Also, where is the re-badged or should I say 'T'-badged Ertiga or XL6? Moreover, if Innova Hycross is Suzuki's Engage then where is Suzuki's Innova Crysta?

Do you think MSIL will sell Engage (same engine and a hybrid and 6 airbags) in a money much less than what Toyota is selling the Hycross at?

MSIL selling a 25L+ car, it loses the common man's car sticker straightaway.

Is this 'Engage' thing even real?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 13th June 2023 at 12:51. Reason: looses > loses
achintatri is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th June 2023, 13:45   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Maruti Engage MPV (rebadged HyCross) spotted undisguised for the first time.

Attachment 2462951
May i ask what the potential differences might be between Toyota's Hycross compared to Suzuki's?
Vitara and Hyryder are literally the same machines, just with a tad exterior looks and company badging.
My personal opinion is they would be literally the same, but my doubts are on the safety of these cars. Specifically NCAP ratings.
Old 12th June 2023, 13:54   #84
BHPian

The car will not be called the Engage. The reason? Turns out Maruti patented the name 'Engage' for some kind of their marketing campaign or program or platform or service: https://www.marutisuzuki.com/engage/index.html

Maruti Invicto | Re-badged Innova Hycross-1686558264139.jpg
Astargea is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 12th June 2023, 17:57   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
So Maruti just slapped the chrome tie from the XL6 onto the Hycross grille and gave it their name?
Indeed. This disguise from Maruti to pass off Toyota's car as their own is akin to the disguise effort undertaken by the man in this ad

nishsingh is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th June 2023, 23:53   #86
BHPian

Pardon me if this is already discussed in the forum, - If the cars are identical apart from the logo and minor design elements, i am curious to know how people are making the decision on one over the other. This includes other existing offerings under Maruti/Toyota joint development. Everyone knows both Nexa and Toyota excel in after sales service and customer satisfaction. So is it just the perceived brand value that drives people from one to the other? Or is there really a big difference in pricing or any add-ons that are offered?

Last edited by ak10 : 12th June 2023 at 23:55. Reason: rephrasing a line
Old 13th June 2023, 05:48   #87
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak10 View Post
Pardon me if this is already discussed in the forum, - If the cars are identical apart from the logo and minor design elements, i am curious to know how people are making the decision on one over the other. This includes other existing offerings under Maruti/Toyota joint development. Everyone knows both Nexa and Toyota excel in after sales service and customer satisfaction. So is it just the perceived brand value that drives people from one to the other? Or is there really a big difference in pricing or any add-ons that are offered?
There are quite a few things to note, one is brand value, the other is price, next is service and warranty. Now if we look into this, for example, the Glanza is a rebadged Baleno, with a slightly higher price tag but with a better warranty and the Toyota badge.

Another example is the Grand Vitara and Urban Cruiser Hyryder, the Hyryder launched first with Toyota's own Hybrid engine and along with Maruti's K-15C Smart-Hybrid as seen in the Brezza, now Maruti launched the same later as the Grand Vitara. Here if you look closely at prices, Maruti sells the K15 engine cars at a cheaper price than Toyota and Toyota sell the Hybrid at a cheaper price than Maruti. so, it is a case of our engines at cheaper prices in this scenario.

So, to answer your question, yes you can say, there is a perceived brand value which results in the difference, but there are other small considerations as well.
bijims is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th June 2023, 11:23   #88
BHPian

I, for one think that this could be the product that takes Maruti truly "premium" and wont be surprised if they launch it with only mid / top variants and with few extra features, better warranty and price it at a slight premium than HyCross.

Why do I say that? 2 reasons.

1. By not launching a base variant, they avoid cross-shopping between Hycross and Elevate for commercial use and therefore restrict sales to Taxi segment thus ensuring the "premium image"

2. Toyota will definitely allocate significantly reduced quantities to Maruti and keep more units as HyCross esp. the starting variants. The reduced quantity will automatically create this as a bit of niche model for Maruti. I dont think Maruti is targeting quantities and rather the focus is brand building with this model much like why Carnival was launched by Kia.

Innova as a brand for all its glory is also somehow linked to Taxi market and I know lot of people in close circles where the car perfectly suits their need but they wont buy it since it has a "taxi perception".

This is where i think, Maruti would be smart to avoid that perception and keep this is a bit more premium product by avoiding lower variants and adding few features to entice private users only.

Just my 2 cents
VS1811 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th June 2023, 12:09   #89
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti's upcoming MPV, based on the Innova Hycross, will be called the 'Invicto'.

Quote:
- Invicto will be the first automatic-only Maruti

- Will come with multiple seating options.

- Will be a tech-laden, low volume product

- Launch on July 5.
Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 13th June 2023 at 12:13.
Venkatesh is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 13th June 2023, 12:10   #90
Senior - BHPian

Being Maruti, I think this will sell more than Innova Hycross. Half people in India trust "S" logo when it comes to cars. Maruti A.S.S. has done great job in building that trust in peoples mind for last 3 decades now.

If Maruti can price this better than Toyota, it will sell like anything. Also this is looking better, sportier than Innova. I guess Maruti will also have Hybrid model here. This car with 2.0 Diesel from Fiat will be great combo. Bring it on Maruti.
aniketi is online now   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks