Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2023, 21:15   #106
BHPian

re: Maruti Invicto | Re-badged Innova Hycross

For myself and other Hycross owners, this puts a big question mark on resale value as hycross may be perceived as a collaboration between MS and Toyota and not a product of Toyota itself.

MS cars generally have very good resale value but can't match Toyota's resale value in the long run.

Also, I am still confused and unsure about the quality of parts and components in general used in Hycross, is it Toyota-level quality or a mix between ms and Toyota, because there is a clear difference between the two when it comes to quality and longevity.

Toyota definitely will have a lot of doubts to clear.

Last edited by Axe77 : 15th June 2023 at 08:32.
manofinfinity is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th June 2023, 22:58   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manofinfinity View Post
Also, I am still confused and unsure about the quality of parts and components in general used in Hycross, is it Toyota-level quality or a mix between ms and Toyota, because there is a clear difference between the two when it comes to quality and longevity.
This is an interesting perspective. I’ve personally felt the Toyota quality of plastics isn’t great. Especially in the Crysta. In fact, I’ve found the original Innova to have better lasting plastics than the Crysta. Maruti of course is a lot worse in it’s cheaper models, but in the more expensive ones like the S-Cross, I’ve found the plastics to be similar to or better than the Crysta’s. I’ve never been inside the Hycross.

The mechanicals certainly are sure to be of much higher quality in a Toyota. The Hycross being a Toyota will excel in this department. And so will the Invictus (the name reminds of the horrible “homage” watch brand Invicta). Perhaps that’s Maruti’s inspiration for its Innova homage?

Last edited by one-77 : 14th June 2023 at 22:59.
one-77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2023, 01:23   #108
BHPian

MSIL seemed to have taken a leaf out of M&M's book while naming it. The name INVICTO sounds more Mahindra than Maruti IMO (pun intended).
Phantom 510 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th June 2023, 08:26   #109
BHPian

I’m not sure if that’s the best possible name that Maruti could have come up with. To me, it sounds a lot like a 100 cc scooty/commuter bike. Also, just don’t see an informed buyer going in for a 25 lakh MS product. The Kizashi failed and so will the Invicto.
JayKavadi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2023, 08:52   #110
BHPian

Even if we take your calculation, 1500 per month sales is a good number to start with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghuVis View Post
Invicto denting Hycross sales? Did you tell it as a joke or was it really a thought process question? Even MSIL marketing guys cannot come up with such deep gyan my friend. I read in a car forum whatsapp chat that some dealers in a metro city gave a waiting period of 3.5 years for tentative delivery of Hycross!
So No, it is not going to dent anything for Hycross. It will be just like Bhpian PrideRed said -- A Premium Tatkal which few won't mind.

For MSIL, this can give them a chance to dip their toes in the 20-25L category, where even Hyundai has had a presence for a long time now. Also, there are close to 300 Nexa outlets spread across India. 5 Deliveries per month will give them 1500 deliveries which will be the max I think Toyota is going to allot to MSIL in the first place. Can MSIL not find 5 prospective customers in their 10 KM radius of their showrooms?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 15th June 2023 at 08:55. Reason: Quoted post edited; removed relevant response.
autobahnjpr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2023, 15:43   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by one-77 View Post
The mechanicals certainly are sure to be of much higher quality in a Toyota. The Hycross being a Toyota will excel in this department. And so will the Invictus (the name reminds of the horrible “homage” watch brand Invicta). Perhaps that’s Maruti’s inspiration for its Innova homage?
Thats my point how can you or anyone from outside be sure that it's a Toyota and not a joint collaboration between Toyota and MS for part sharing, mechanicals like they did for Grand Vitara and Hyryder.It certainly will create a perception in that direction anyways.
Old 15th June 2023, 16:30   #112
BHPian

A friend of mine really wants the Innova but the dealer won't give it to him in the next few months. He doesn't mind paying a premium to get his hands on the car.

I am sure a lot of prospective Innova buyers are in the same boat. Maruti would do well to cater to these guys, even if their version of the Innova is more expensive.

The real question according to me would be the service of the Invicto. I hope the Maruti guys get ample training.
Old 15th June 2023, 16:59   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manofinfinity View Post
Thats my point how can you or anyone from outside be sure that it's a Toyota and not a joint collaboration between Toyota and MS for part sharing, mechanicals like they did for Grand Vitara and Hyryder.It certainly will create a perception in that direction anyways.
Grand Vitara is a global Suzuki product (Vitara) that’s rebadged as a Toyota (Hyryder). The only Toyota part it gets is the hybrid powertrain in the higher variants. That’s why it feels like a Maruti.
The Innova Hycross is a global Toyota (Zenix) that’s being rebadged as a Maruti now. Why would/ should it feel like a Maruti?
one-77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th June 2023, 19:14   #114
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki's Invicto seen on its last testing cycle:

Maruti Invicto | Re-badged Innova Hycross-screenshot-20230615-191143.png

Maruti Invicto | Re-badged Innova Hycross-screenshot-20230615-191101.png

Maruti Invicto | Re-badged Innova Hycross-screenshot-20230615-191039.png
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th June 2023, 19:57   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veedub89 View Post
A friend of mine really wants the Innova but the dealer won't give it to him in the next few months. He doesn't mind paying a premium to get his hands on the car.
That logic may apply for people buying Toyota version of Baleno but why will someone pay a premium and get a lesser desirable brand ? No offence to Innova buyers but most of them think of a profit while selling their car(even before buying !!)

Also I dont think Maruti will get a "quota" customer orders will eventually have to roll out from same production line isn't it ?
rajshenoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2023, 15:10   #116
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Invicto | Re-badged Innova Hycross

Quote:
Originally Posted by veedub89 View Post
The real question according to me would be the service of the Invicto. I hope the Maruti guys get ample training.
Toyota service in general is nothing great either to be honest - they're more or less on par in my experience across different dealerships.
lamborghini is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 18th June 2023, 20:09   #117
BHPian

It seems many are worried about the resale of their Toyota badged product to go down once the Suzuki badged clone is introduced. I don't think that would be the case. Maruti Suzuki cars traditionally have had good resale values. Even if that wasn't the case, the association with Toyota will only improve the resale of Invicta and not affect Toyota's resale.

For example, I remember that the Geo Prizm (GM) in the US had a similar resale value compared to the Toyota Corolla back in the late 1990s and early 2000s although GM cars never had good resale values on their own.

By this association, if Toyota and Suzuki are able to produce more numbers, it will only be beneficial. I don't think there is a downside to this given the long wait times for the Hycross. Maruti-Suzuki also provides much better service coverage too.
THE-U- is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2023, 13:21   #118
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki's MPV:

Name:  FyDOtWaAAgn57v.png
Views: 632
Size:  257.9 KB
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2023, 13:55   #119
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki has opened bookings for the Invicto for an amount of Rs 25,000, launch on July 5.

Maruti Invicto | Re-badged Innova Hycross-20230619_135927.jpg

Quote:
- Will be first Maruti Suzuki to be offered to be offered solely with automatic gearbox.

- Invicto will also get minor tweaks to the upholstery as well as changes to the features list.

- Might not get a few ADAS elements or might even completely omit the entire package.
Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 19th June 2023 at 14:00.
Venkatesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2023, 13:57   #120
Distinguished - BHPian

For some reason Invicto is not showing up on the E-book link: https://www.nexaexperience.com/e-booking?login=0
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks