Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2023, 16:49   #301
BHPian

Re: Maruti Invicto | Re-badged Innova Hycross

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paritoshkalra View Post
If you see clearly, Hycross VX O is more than 1 lakh cheaper than Invicto Alpha+ and it has almost everything except the leather seats of Invicto. Does that make VX O Better value for money product?
It does not have DRL's,
Leather Upholstery
Powered Tailgate
Ventilated Seats
Powered Driver seat w/ Memory.

All this for a lakh and swapping a badge? I don't mind.

I see all the people complaining here they would not buy it cause it has the Suzuki badge.

The 1st gen Glanza which was literally a badge swap. The customers bought Baleno and paid more a badge!?

What you are getting here is a Toyota product and at cheaper rates! what is this psychological issue over a brand
KI07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2023, 17:01   #302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbospooler View Post
God knows how many rupees by deleting this feature in Zeta.
This is rather funny. The rear windshield without the defogger in the WagonR LXi costs Rs. 1,550 while the rear windshield with the rear defogger for the WagonR VXi costs Rs. 1,558. For more expensive mass market cars, it should typically cost around Rs. 3,000. The price difference between a heated and non-heated rear windshield ranges from Rs. 200 to Rs. 500.

Source: v3cars.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI07 View Post
It does not have DRL's,
Leather Upholstery
Powered Tailgate
Ventilated Seats
Powered Driver seat w/ Memory.

All this for a lakh and swapping a badge? I don't mind.
I mentioned previously that I am planning to get the Invicto due to Toyota's long waiting period. Dealers in my area started saying it would take 30 months to get my hands on one. Though it may not be entirely true since they have increased the production units, it still plays a significant role.

Last edited by hAwX : 7th July 2023 at 17:04.
hAwX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2023, 19:48   #303
Distinguished - BHPian

As expected, Maruti Suzuki's Invicto waiting period is less than Toyota Innova Hycross in some cities.

-The waiting period of the Innova Hycross averages close to a year in several cities.

- In a period of 6-8 months, you can get your Invicto ,as opposed to the Innova Hycross, which averages a wait time of around 12 months in most of the cities.

-In Bengaluru and Jaipur, the waiting period is literally down by a half.

-Waiting period details of the Invicto for other cities from dealerships are awaited.

Maruti Invicto | Re-badged Innova Hycross-screenshot-20230707-194829.png

Link
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th July 2023, 20:03   #304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achintatri View Post
This whole drama has made Tata Safari more VFM (value for money) product. If I have 25L-30L for OTR in my pocket, I would straight away go with Tata Safari (in comparison with Invicto/Hycross) for the following reasons:
[/list]
Agree with most of your analogy except the below:
  • TATA has not proved its NCAP rating for Safari/Harrier yet. So, calling Safari best in class is not correct.
  • Safari doesn't have SUV stance, only Scorpio-N has that in its class and rightly so.
  • Mahindra XUV700/ScorpioN are more VFM than Safari.
  • TATA reliability is questionable, seen people crib about their purchase decision.
sulliavi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th July 2023, 21:52   #305

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpainter View Post
From what all the little information I got about the Invicto so far, here is my small features comparison between Invicto Zeta+ variant and Grand Vitara strong hybrid Zeta+ variant.

What Invicto Zeta + loses out compared to GV Zeta+ ::

- No keyless entry as I don't see any request sensor on the front doors. GV has this.
Request Sensor for Keyless entry is integrated in the handle. The lock opens as you hold the handle, with the key in the vicinity. You swipe the top of the handle to lock it.
kayarem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2023, 22:26   #306
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

This is how this whole re-badging exercise benefits Maruti:

1. People wont hesitate to a buy a 34 lakh car from Maruti because they know that it is Toyota under the skin.

2. Despite it being a Toyota, in conversations it will be referred to as Maruti Invicto.

3. Straight away, people get used to buying a Maruti costing 30+ lakh rupees.

4. This helps them break out from the budget brand image, opens the flood gates for them to sell premium cars.

5. Thus Maruti gets to successfully clear the reluctance that people have towards upper segment cars with very little to no effort.

6. Said little to no effort because, they neither developed the car themselves nor invested on the production lines. They saved a lot on efforts and capital, which they wont be able to do if they develop and produce it themselves.

7. From the above point it is evident that they have less to loose and more to gain in this exercise.

8. Imagine this, if Maruti straight away launches a premium car themselves, what will happen to it, it might end up as a failure just like Kizashi. Kizashi is a wonderful car, you have to see it on roads, you will fall in love, it still failed because of the then lower badge value of Maruti.

9. For Toyota it just gives additional numbers.

10. Overall, in case of Invicto, in this partnership, it is a bigger win for Maruti than it is for Toyota.
wheelguy is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th July 2023, 23:04   #307
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heisenberg_ad View Post
Toyota made the hybrid system.
But overall who is the maker of other things like body, panels, interior, etc?

Is this like glanza?
I'm curious to know if suzuki developed this or toyota.
Everything is developed by Toyota since the 3rd generation Innova is a global product available internationally. The only maruti tech seems to be the ventilated front seats, which are not available in the global model. But it's better to have something than nothing.
Cresterk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2023, 00:29   #308
BHPian

Accessories list with pricing:-

Maruti Invicto | Re-badged Innova Hycross-invicto-accessories-brochure_page_1.png
Maruti Invicto | Re-badged Innova Hycross-invicto-accessories-brochure_page_2.png
Maruti Invicto | Re-badged Innova Hycross-invicto-accessories-brochure_page_3.png

I wasn't aware that multicolored ambient lighting was an option! Is it same as the 'Legroom Lamp' from Hycross?

Maruti Invicto | Re-badged Innova Hycross-invicto-accessories-brochure_page_4.png

Maruti Invicto | Re-badged Innova Hycross-invicto-accessories-brochure_page_5.png
Maruti Invicto | Re-badged Innova Hycross-invicto-accessories-brochure_page_6.png
hAwX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2023, 06:50   #309
BHPian

Appears to be another winner for Maruti. Given the fat margins in bigger cars it is likely to be another money spinner after Jimny. No wonder share prices are shooting through the roof. Though personally, for car of this size and price why would one need so many accessories. Another thought, this may hit fortuner sales, they appear too expensive now.
Old 8th July 2023, 08:48   #310
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelguy View Post
This is how this whole re-badging exercise benefits Maruti:

1. People wont hesitate to a buy a 34 lakh car from Maruti because they know that it is Toyota under the skin.

3. Straight away, people get used to buying a Maruti costing 30+ lakh rupees.

10. Overall, in case of Invicto, in this partnership, it is a bigger win for Maruti than it is for Toyota.
Hello, Don't think it will be that easy. I come from the rural part of the country, and here the average car budget is less than 10lakhs. Even with this budget Tata, and Hyundai is giving fight to Maruti. If the budget increases to 15lakhs, then the preference is given to Kia, Hyundai, Skoda, and VW. Well, this is the case in my area, it may be different in other parts of the country, but I don't think it will be easy for Maruti. Let's see, the numbers will tell.
aseem23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2023, 10:40   #311
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
The only maruti tech seems to be the ventilated front seats, which are not available in the global model. But it's better to have something than nothing.
Not sure why Toyota would go to Maruti for the ventilated seats.

The Hycross has different feature spread for different markets, no global model as such. The Indonesian top variant gets rear entertainment screens, dashcam, wireless charging and body kit as standard, while the Indian model doesn't get rear entertainment screens but has front electric adjust seats with memory and ventilated seats. Likewise in other ASEAN markets too. Malaysia doesn't get rear ottoman seats and Phillipines doesn't get the panoramic sunroof.
DicKy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th July 2023, 18:13   #312
BHPian

This morning at 11 am, I received a call from my SA with the news that they had received unexpected deliveries of two Zeta+ cars—one in white and the other in blue. For some reason, he sounded as excited as I was. Just for the record, I was super eager to see the car in person to make a final decision: whether to wait for the Attitude Black VXO until January or pick up the Invicto Alpha+ in Stellar Bronze next month.

I am an ex-NRI, and my family, including myself, have been loyal to the Toyota brand since 2002 so it's a crucial decision to make. I sold my 2010 Prado a week ago so I need a 7 seater ASAP.

Maruti Invicto | Re-badged Innova Hycross-img_9875.jpg

After seeing the car in person, I'm sold. It still got the road presence, and the MSIL logo wasn't a turn-off like I thought it would be on the grille, but it was on the steering wheel.
The Mystic White color looked better than the Celestial Blue, and everyone nearby agreed to the same (there were other families who came to check it out as well). The 17-inch rims and tires don't really look as small as they do in the pictures, in my opinion. The sportier front fascia might even look better than the Hycross's from certain angles.

Maruti Invicto | Re-badged Innova Hycross-img_9874.jpg

The alloy design, even though it's super Maruti Suzuki-ish, suits the mammoth of a body. Apart from the badges, those who know the car would never see it as a product from MSIL, that's what I felt after seeing it.

After all when everything settles down, it must be super easy to acquire Hycross parts for conversion if I ever feel like I'm cheating on Toyota.

Last edited by hAwX : 8th July 2023 at 18:16.
hAwX is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th July 2023, 21:34   #313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hAwX View Post
Nexa blue color on Invicto looks smashing. Color wise, it's my pick.

Being Hycross owner, though my heart will tilt and will be biased towards Hycross but deep down they are both same cars, built in same plant by same people. Except few cosmetic changes, there's no difference and if I were in market today, I will first sideline the features which are must for me and basis that will shortlist the variant, and whichever comes first will go for it.

I feel it's a win-win for us provided we now have more choices and more spread to choose form. The way I look at it is, earlier there was a difference of 3 lacs between VX to VXO and then ZX, now it's less as we have Zeta, Zeta+ and Alpha+.

Moreover, given Hycross prices have increased by another 20k odd rupees and Invicto does not have 8 seater variant with sunroof, I think demand for VXO will further increase and across all variants (Hycross & Invicto), it remains my pick. It has every thing - 6 Airbags, Foglamps, Sunroof, Hybrid, Dual color interior, 17inch alloys with cushion ride.

Haven't seen Invicto Interior in-person, but I think it will boil to personal preference incase you prefer all black or some brown inserts in between.
Old 9th July 2023, 22:00   #314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodstock3001 View Post
now it's less as we have Zeta, Zeta+ and Alpha+.

Haven't seen Invicto Interior in-person, but I think it will boil to personal preference incase you prefer all black or some brown inserts in between.
There is no Zeta available, only the Zeta+ in a 7/8-seater option and an Alpha+ in a 7-seater option. In Kerala, I don't think the 8-seater version will sell well, as it would mainly appeal to cab drivers. As a matter of fact, I have yet to see a single one just to see what it's like.

The black interior does look boring compared to the dual-tone stock from Hyross. However, I am not a fan of the chestnut color and would probably redo it with ice gray or some lighter, creamier colors in the future. My original plan was to go for a black and red theme if I were to choose the Attitude Black Hycross. Apparently, I came across an ad on OLX featuring that theme, and here it is. What do you people think? Personally, I believe I would have regretted choosing it. It does look cool for the front though.

Maruti Invicto | Re-badged Innova Hycross-image-060723-10.53-pm-2.jpg
Maruti Invicto | Re-badged Innova Hycross-image-060723-10.52-pm.jpg

Also, I received the on-road price today, and it is the same as the fully equipped VXO (including Toyota smiles, extended warranty, necessary accessories, etc.) for the Alpha+ variant that does not include an extended warranty, better insurance plan, or any accessories. 36.6* Lakh which is still not confirmed but this is the initial figure I got. Also, I don't think comparing Hyross's on-road price is fair, as by the time the car reaches the dealer yard, there will likely be additional price hikes from inflation. To compare with a ZXO, currently the ZXO goes for 40.**L with all the add-ons I mentioned for the VXO. I like to see Alpha+ as a VXOO.

Last edited by hAwX : 9th July 2023 at 22:07. Reason: To add ZXO Pricing.
Old 10th July 2023, 20:30   #315
BHPian

I have been told that the deliveries start this month end.
Has anyone else been told otheriwse?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks