Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2023, 16:23   #271
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Invicto | Re-badged Innova Hycross

Walkaround of the Zeta+ variant-

On the topic of the Zeta+ vs the VX, we can already see a few strong worded comments in the above video. I'd personally go with the VX if given a choice, but there would always be days where I'd think of the missing airbags in my car and dread a bit. The VX(O) is the most VFM variant across all the Hycross and the Invicto range.
AYP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2023, 16:35   #272
Distinguished - BHPian

The Maruti Suzuki Invicto at the stunning Umed Bhawan, Jodhpur. Media drives begins tomorrow.

Maruti Invicto | Re-badged Innova Hycross-20230706_163452.jpg

Link
Venkatesh is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th July 2023, 18:40   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
The VX(O) is the most VFM variant across all the Hycross and the Invicto range.
It indeed is, but at what cost? These are the latest waiting periods from Nippon Toyota in my state. It makes no sense to wait for the Hycross for over 20 months. I just took it yesterday from the main showroom hall.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Invicto | Re-badged Innova Hycross-whatsapp-image-20230705-11.16.12-pm.jpeg  

hAwX is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2023, 19:39   #274
BHPian

Checked out the new Invicto in a dealership near me. Sharing my observation from an Astor owner perspective:

1) The slogan 'Maruti's first premium car' makes sense! It indeed does feel premium.
2) Quality of plastics used is not up to the mark. Coming from an Astor, there is a
significant downgrade here.
3) Those 17 inchers look real puny! The Hycross gets 18 inchers. Why Maruti, Why?
4) When you open the powered tailgate, it makes a whirring sound. May be specific to a
car, but I did not experience this is the Hycross.
5) Build quality feels solid. Considering that it is a lookalike from Toyota, it proves the
point.
6) All black interiors make the car feel a little claustrophobic.
7) Ugly cost cutting from Maruti like missing out Ottoman seats and 9-speaker JBL system.
8) For the almost same price, one can but the more reliable Hycross.

In my perspective, Maruti has done a commendable job on the Invicto. But why would anyone spend 30 lakhs on a Maruti? IMHO, one can place it on a Toyota instead. Will share my observations once I take a test drive.
mgastor2022grey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2023, 20:24   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hAwX View Post
It indeed is, but at what cost? These are the latest waiting periods from Nippon Toyota in my state. It makes no sense to wait for the Hycross for over 20 months. I just took it yesterday from the main showroom hall.
Perhaps, the only reason for Invicto’s existence. Invicto is a clear compromise from Hycross in terms of features. The only decision point (IMHV) is the waiting period.

Some of us have come to believe that because there’s a new counter open (Invicto) , Toyota will be able to produce more cars and thus quicker delivery.
Rajiv0909 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2023, 20:45   #276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajiv0909 View Post
Some of us have come to believe that because there’s a new counter open (Invicto) , Toyota will be able to produce more cars and thus quicker delivery.
I hope so too. Fingers crossed. But so far, NEXA's customer service seems far superior to Toyota's. I made four bookings for the Hycross: two with Nippon, one with Kairali, and one with Amana. The booking with my local Nippon was made in the second week of December for a ZX in Blackish Ageha. All the other bookings were for the VXO in Attitude Black. I did inform my advisors that I am flexible regarding colors and trim, but I still haven't received any updates from any of them. I canceled two bookings because I lost trust in them, and the service advisors displayed a super cocky attitude as if they were paying for the car. Yesterday, when I visited my local Nippon dealer, he also displayed the same attitude, so I am considering canceling my ZX booking from December solely because of his attitude. I have already reported this, and he called me to apologise. He even sent me a few WhatsApp messages about how it will affect his performance and such, but I don't care a bit. He deserves it. I can also confirm that there were hardly any deliveries last two months. Meanwhile, NEXA, regardless of my doubts, was extremely accommodating and attentive, even for small requests. I don't know if this will change after the purchase, but I give them a 5/5 star rating for their service. My only hope for the Hycross lies with Kairali Kochi, where my contact said it could possibly arrive in 3rd week of January. Since I need the car within a couple of months at most, this is the reason why I am leaning towards the Invicto.
hAwX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2023, 20:59   #277
Senior - BHPian

It’s funny how people were saying the ottoman seats in the hycross were just an unneeded gimmick but now many people are cancelling their invicto bookings over the ottomans not being present

Also for people comparing this to the Tata safari, I don’t even know what to tell you. I have owned the hycross since April and 3000+ kms later, I have not faced a single niggle, software glitch or any abnormal noises, just like the previous 3 Toyotas my family owned. And this is despite it being a complex hybrid with ADAS and a large number of sensors and electronics and in its first few months of manufacturing.

Meanwhile our safari came from the factory with the AC not working and dealership techs couldn’t even figure out how to fix it. The entire safari ownership thread is filled with niggles, pieces of the interior trim falling off, abnormal noises, and reports of the car being torn apart and major components needing to be replaced to solve these issues. I sometimes go through the thread just to remind myself of what a massive bullet I dodged. While I appreciate that they are trying to solve the issues free of cost, they really shouldn’t even exist in the first place. You are not paying 30L to be their Guinea pig. There is also such a thing as factory fit and finish which is lost every time some tech disassembles your car to pieces and puts them back together at the dealership workshop rather than a factory assembly line.
Cresterk is online now   (31) Thanks
Old 6th July 2023, 21:58   #278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealer View Post
According to the Economic Times, the car does indeed have ottoman seats. Link here

Now the article may be wrong but I hope it isn't.
Yes,the Invicto doesn't get Ottoman Seats
Old 6th July 2023, 22:27   #279
Distinguished - BHPian

Aren't rear parking sensors mandatory for all cars sold in India since 2019 or something? I thought two front airbags, ABS and rear parking sensors are not optional.

It is a really bad move to skimp on front and rear parking sensors in such a big and long car. These hardly cost any money to the manufacturer. Good thing is, they can be installed quite easily after-market.

Overall Zeta offers some good value. Just having 6 airbags is in itself good reason to choose it over the Hycross VX.
84.monsoon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2023, 22:34   #280
BHPian

Price difference apart, value which Toyota add to their service should also be considered. I was lucky to get VX at launch price. I think it’s a value for money product considering the size space and features and above all HYBRID. In other blog, people consider Seltos to be value for money if launched about 23 lacs on road.

In Hycross you get a better engineered product, Hybrid technology, exceptional comfort and reliability and 7-8 seater capability. If Seltos is value for money then hycross VX is definitely value for money.

I don’t understand why some people consider toyotas as over priced. It would mostly be those people who are on sidelines or don’t own Toyota. Toyota might be expensive but when you sell it, it brings a smile on your face. I sold my 9 year Original Innova for 7 lacs. Getting resale value of almost 40% after 9 years is amazing. How come the car becomes over priced ?

Fuss free ownership, low cost of maintenance adds to the overall experience.

Hycross is exceptionally silent, very less vibration compared to diesel Innova and very spacious. Commanding road view similar to fortuner. All in all a great product. Good high speed manners. Only thing I have to try is how it drives in Hills with full load.
samitjain is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2023, 22:45   #281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hAwX View Post
It makes no sense to wait for the Hycross for over 20 months. I just took it yesterday from the main showroom hall.
The Hyryder Hybrid says a wait of ~40 months. More than 3 years. Thats like 5% of the average life expectancy Absolutely senseless, I dont understand why anyone would reserve with such a waiting time.
GutsyGibbon is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th July 2023, 23:06   #282
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GutsyGibbon View Post
The Hyryder Hybrid says a wait of ~40 months. More than 3 years. Thats like 5% of the average life expectancy
For those of us in our 50s, a lot larger as a share of our residual life.

Sorry Mods, May be going off topic. But I could not resist this.

Of course these wait lists are not real - we have seen some people who canceled 3-4 Hycross bookings and booked 3-4 Invictos instead. They will buy at best 1 of these. So the actual wait list will likely be 12-18 months in the worst case. Even that seems insane. I waited for 3 months for my Honda City Gen 2 in 2003-04 when it just launched. But since then, it is just the relatively inefficient process my company follows to work out a car lease that has been the wait time for my cars. Will always pick a model that is available off the shelf rather than wait for anything.
Hayek is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th July 2023, 23:17   #283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achintatri View Post
Thanks for your kind words however If I have that kind of money (and this is very important), I would still go for Safari because VFM = Quality/Cost and Innova although has always been the king of MPVs, Hycross or Invicto for that reason is low on VFM as compared to Safari.

So for a money and VFM conscious person like me and most of the team bhpians here, Invicto seems more like a Joke from Common Man's company that doesn't seem to be holding on to that title anymore.
To be honest I have been seriously considering a tata car as our next buy, until I had to visit a Tata ASC with a friend to address an issue they had with their 2 year old Tiago. Their behaviour have been disappointing if not borderline aggressive. We have been maintaining our maruti for 10 years in the same city, and the way both ASC's handle their customers have a day and night difference. Even if you are "VFM conscious" and decide to change your car after just 5 years for whatever VFM reason, you have to maintain your car in an ASC to retain its warranty for those 5 years. And I wouldn't touch a Tata ASC with a 6 foot long pole for a considerable period of time. If you plan to keep the car for a long time, maybe yes..! But I would rather buy a Toyota if I am planning to keep the car for more than a decade because of obvious reasons..!
Old 6th July 2023, 23:36   #284
BHPian

From what all the little information I got about the Invicto so far, here is my small features comparison between Invicto Zeta+ variant and Grand Vitara strong hybrid Zeta+ variant.

What Invicto Zeta + loses out compared to GV Zeta+ ::

- No keyless entry as I don't see any request sensor on the front doors. GV has this.
- No auto IRVM
- No panoramic sunroof
- No rear defogger
- No rear parking sensors. Hmm interesting for a D segment car.
- Not sure about this but probably no heat resistant window glass.
- Smaller 8 inch touch screen compared to more premium looking 10 inch unit in GV.
- Head up display

What Invicto Zeta+ has over GV Zeta+ ::

- Electronic parking brake
- Drive mode with manual shift selector. Although this is a single speed transmission, Hycross owners can explain the functionality better.
- More usb ports
- Separate AC controls for rear passengers like it should be for a 7 seater.

There may be some more that I missed here. Quite a list for a D segment car compared to the same varient of a C segment car from same manufacturer.
Old 7th July 2023, 06:40   #285
Distinguished - BHPian

Spot the differences: Toyota Hycross Vs. Maruti Suzuki Invicto,

Maruti Invicto | Re-badged Innova Hycross-f0vr1cnaeaaknmh.jpg

Maruti Invicto | Re-badged Innova Hycross-f0vr278ayaer1ch.jpg

Maruti Invicto | Re-badged Innova Hycross-f0vr2qzaiaald_w.jpg

Media drive begins in Jodhpur. Link

Maruti Invicto | Re-badged Innova Hycross-f0wfzndx0aeqjgv.jpg

Maruti Invicto | Re-badged Innova Hycross-f0xw253x0aif6ik.jpg

Maruti Invicto | Re-badged Innova Hycross-f0xw2cdxoaiibxp.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 7th July 2023 at 06:46.
volkman10 is offline   (11) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks