What a Maruti Suzuki move to put small tyres on it

Or is it just the angle of the photo?
veedub89 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2023, 13:37   #167
BHPian

Re: Maruti Invicto | Re-badged Innova Hycross

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
For me, this lacks road presence. Is it because of the white color? Or really it lacks in that appearance?
I believe it’s cause it’s just a glance, the car is huge in person and there is no cladding which actually gives the car more presence.
Old 23rd June 2023, 13:43   #168
BHPian

So with the latest pictures, 2 rumors are proved wrong.

1. It will be available only in Nexa Blue. While reading itself I felt that such an arrangement is quite bizarre.

2. It will be available only in top-end trims. The one in the picture is without a sunroof, which is also ruled out.

I will stick out to my earlier prediction. With ADAS tech removed, they are definitely going to undercut Hycross. It will not be a blockbuster but a good opening for MSIL in the higher segment category. The real question is how is Toyota going to resolve its issue in the Bidadi plant with capacity constraints. I heard some dealer quote 3 year waiting period!
RaghuVis is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2023, 13:53   #169
Senior - BHPian

It will be amusing to see a Nexa advertisement in all its glory proclaiming the Invicto as something else (everything in fact) other than a rebadged Hycross. I always feel for the creative team who have to design one where the DNA itself is not of the company moniker it sports
GeeTee TSI is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2023, 15:25   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghuVis View Post
So with the latest pictures, 2 rumors are proved wrong.
The picture shows a Zeta, just like the VX. There will also be a Zeta+, Alpha, and Alpha+. Alpha+ will have ADAS tech along with all the other goodies that come in a ZXO. There won't be any undercut. Take the Grand Vitara as an example. Please don't trust the media blindly. Even before the bookings were open, the service advisors knew that all these trims would be available in all current NEXA colors. I chose the Zeta+ in Opulent Red. The training for advisors in my state starts from the 27th to the 30th in Kochi. They will come to know the final details then.
I specifically went for RED because in case the color doesn't make it to the final production, I can get a full refund; otherwise, there will be a 500 Rupees fee for cancellation.
hAwX is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2023, 16:20   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI07 View Post
This is the lower variant! Gx-Delta
There are DRLs or lights in the bottom part of the bumper.
Even on Hycross, there are no DRLs or any lights in that part of the bumper housing except for the top model.
So, this wouldn't be the lowest variant.

People have found details like the Invicto would be only in Hybrid powertrain and there are two variants, Zeta & Alpha along with the Plus sub-variants of both.
turbospooler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2023, 19:40   #172
BHPian

Those wheels look so odd, I understand we need higher profile tyres for our conditions, but the large wheel wells and small wheels spoil the stance, could have easily gone a size or two bigger with a higher profile, the narrow track is not helping matters too
abaliga is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2023, 21:19   #173
BHPian

Take a look at the copper interior accents

Maruti Invicto | Re-badged Innova Hycross-img_9423.jpeg

Looks like it’s the Alpha. ADAS and JBL seems to be missing.
Black Interior doesn’t look that interesting after all.

Last edited by hAwX : 23rd June 2023 at 21:23. Reason: Trim correction
hAwX is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2023, 21:24   #174
BHPian

Small wheels make a big car look funny. Will be a solid family product nevertheless with some expected cost cutting.

Edit: The new picture shows paddle shifters and sunroof. Maybe not so much cost cutting

OT: When and where is the sub-30L Maruti Fortuner?

Last edited by vredesbyrd : 23rd June 2023 at 21:26.
vredesbyrd is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th June 2023, 11:38   #175
BHPian

After looking at all posts, here are my observations-
1. It'll make sense for those upgrading from the Ertiga/XL6. This tactic is something Maruti used in its older days. In this way, people end up exchanging their Maruti for another one. This is how we had 4 Marutis in our house.....
2. Fleet operators will constitute at least 20-30% of sales, because they'd be wanting something bigger than their existing Ertigas and start accepting bookings from corporates and big hotel chains

Overall it can be termed as a bold move from Maruti's side. With the availability of Nexa dealerships, they can move into more premium vehicles. Rest will be known once it hits the road.
SID7115 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 24th June 2023, 21:03   #176
BHPian

It will be interesting to see how it will be priced up. MS might deliberately have omitted ADAS to keep pricing in check and with only one variant on offer; there will be no direct competition with current Hycross. Looks like MS and Toyota will have won win situation here.

Cheers.
Guru_Shikhar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th June 2023, 22:29   #177
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veedub89 View Post
What a Maruti Suzuki move to put small tyres on it

Or is it just the angle of the photo?
Looks like the grandfathers in MSIL don't know any new tricks apart from cutting down features like ADAS and sticking to 16inch rims and the car is shouting undertyred from everywhere. Be it base variant or not, such things can't be justified. The tyres still must be able to handle the heft of the car even if it's downsized a bit. Yes they will have a pricing advantage, but this isn't the 8L segment and they will be catering to a much premium customer base who would not mind the price difference between this car and the Hycross. It will only be the fleet customers who will be impressed, more so if the car does not command the waiting period that the hycross does.
audioholic is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th June 2023, 07:56   #178
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Looks like the grandfathers in MSIL don't know any new tricks apart from cutting down features like ADAS and sticking to 16inch rims and the car is shouting undertyred from everywhere. ...

Yes they will have a pricing advantage, but this isn't the 8L segment and they will be catering to a much premium customer base ....
I for one wont mind not having a sun-roof. ADAS in Indian conditions I am not convinced yet - will depend on what level of ADAS they have put in.

The tyres are definitely under-sized, and a good opportunity to get taller tyres on those 16" rims. Added advantage is the lower cost of 16" tyres compard to 17"/18".

This can be compromise option for those who want a Innova class vehicle, but at a lower price. Not just cabbies & fleet operators. IMO, a bench middle row seating will be more useful than captain seats. The front is also where a large part of the feel-good factor is lost.

And there is an AT too - as seen from the pic of interiors here above. Innova doesnt have an AT in the lower range Crysta, but offers it in the Hyrcross.

Last edited by condor : 25th June 2023 at 08:23.
condor is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2023, 08:05   #179
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Yes they will have a pricing advantage, but this isn't the 8L segment and they will be catering to a much premium customer base who would not mind the price difference between this car and the Hycross.
I'm actually looking at a 7/8 seater car with 6 airbags, 3 point ELR for all passengers, a middle bench seat and without a sunroof. If Maruti can provide me with this, I have no complaints. The Ertiga/XL6 rear seats are not comfortable for adults plus no 6 airbags or 3 point ELR seatbelts for all in Ertiga. I'm OK with the Crysta but they don't sell 6 airbags with bench seats in middle row. 6 airbags is available in top end which has captain seats in middle row. So if Invicto gets a variant with all these features, I don't mind 16 inch wheels. Infact I agree with condor that we can always do a wheel/tyre upgrade.
BoneCollector is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2023, 09:18   #180
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
The tyres are definitely under-sized, and a good opportunity to get taller tyres on those 16" rims. Added advantage is the lower cost of 16" tyres compard to 17"/18".

This can be compromise option for those who want a Innova class vehicle, but at a lower price. Not just cabbies & fleet operators.
This is exactly the issue. Lower cost isn't just the thing. Having undersized tyres on a huge mammoth of a vehicle will be a cause of concern. You can't get taller tyres on the 16 inch. They will increase body roll further. It will work on a 1000kg hatchback and not a 2000kg MUV. And if one is looking at an upgrade, they will end up paying upwards of 1L for rims and tyres, which will already reach close to Hycross so pricing advantage will lose the game right there.

Let's leave ADAS, its a personal choice and that's anyway offered as an option in Hycross. Using ADAS requires the driver to retrain their reflexes and until then it will be uncomfortable. After that the whole scene will change. My grouse is with not offering it on any version especially when Maruti wants to move a few segments higher than their usual. To come out from their unsafe image that too at a high price segment they can't use the usual tactics of some ad campaign like "Dil se strong" and rake in customers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
And there is an AT too - as seen from the pic of interiors here above. Innova doesnt have an AT in the lower range Crysta, but offers it in the Hyrcross.
It is a hybrid and has to be an AT. No question of MT in Hycross or Invicto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
I'm actually looking at a 7/8 seater car with 6 airbags, 3 point ELR for all passengers, a middle bench seat and without a sunroof. If Maruti can provide me with this, I have no complaints. The Ertiga/XL6 rear seats are not comfortable for adults plus no 6 airbags or 3 point ELR seatbelts for all in Ertiga. So if Invicto gets a variant with all these features, I don't mind 16 inch wheels. Infact I agree with condor that we can always do a wheel/tyre upgrade.
Your requirements are fair. But my question is at what price point? Compared to the VX trim of the Hycross, how much cheaper do you think the Invicto base would be? The base Invicto will anyway not be equipped with six airbags. So you will have to move one variant up. That I feel will come close to VX Hycross. The VX Hycross is 5L cheaper than the top of the line ZXO for all the missing features. So my hunch is that the Invicto base version will at the most be 1L or so cheaper than Hycross VX and since the Invicto won't get the top end with ADAS, the upper price band will have a bigger difference.

Last edited by audioholic : 25th June 2023 at 09:19.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks