Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2023, 18:41   #76
BHPian

Re: Nissan X-Trail, Juke & Qashqai showcased in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by npawan29 View Post
Update - Bangalore delar has started accepting booking amounts for x-trail
I wonder what happened to the pre-bookings of the ones who opted for it. 11 months down and still no news. Btw, who's the dealer for Nissan in Bangalore? I'm aware of only one Nissan outlet somewhere at the end of Brigade road.(Apple?). All flaunt to keep dealers happy but where are the dealers themselves?
Old 8th December 2023, 15:05   #77
BHPian

Hey all - Any news about X-Trail? I have driven X-Trail overseas and it was a charm.
Old 10th December 2023, 10:55   #78
Distinguished - BHPian

Perhaps one of the reasons Nissan did not launch the XTrail in India for so long, was it was waiting for the face lifted version to be launched internationally and the CKD kits to be available to be shipped to India. I must say the facelift looks really good, especially the exteriors that mask some of the gawky proportions of the pre-facelift car.

This is a great time to launch a strong hybrid in the large SUV category with three rows of seats - there is no competition in the segment. At present you either have big noisy diesels like the Fortuner, Gloster or Meridian, or you have thirsty petrols like in the Kodiaq or the Tucson petrol.

Launching this car under 35 lakh ex-showroom.will make it a real good pick in the segment for the Japanese reliability, good amount of Tech, four-wheel drive capability, modern and elegant design, terrific fuel efficiency due to the strong hybrid and the acceleration and driveability it offers.
84.monsoon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th January 2024, 16:37   #79
BHPian

Still waiting for the X trail. My son is saying this is appropriately named - you can see the trail (in the media) but not the product itself. It is the big unknown X.
FY24 is almost ending - I'll need to take the call on Safari / Invicto if I do not gt any reasonably priced 4x4 option by March.
chinkara is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th January 2024, 19:14   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinkara View Post
FY24 is almost ending - I'll need to take the call on Safari / Invicto if I do not gt any reasonably priced 4x4 option by March.
X-Trail is likely to cost upwards of 50 lakhs on-road when launched. Hybrid/e-power variant may even touch 55L.
Guna is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th February 2024, 19:12   #81
Senior - BHPian

As the refreshed Trail is readying for its US launch, Nissan has published the interior pictures of the refreshed model.

It's to be priced from 28K USD to 41K USD, which makes it close to the estimated 45 - 50 Lac OTR price.

Nissan X-Trail, Juke & Qashqai showcased in India-preview928x5229.jpg

Nissan X-Trail, Juke & Qashqai showcased in India-preview928x5227.jpg

Nissan X-Trail, Juke & Qashqai showcased in India-preview928x5226.jpg

Nissan X-Trail, Juke & Qashqai showcased in India-preview928x5225.jpg

Nissan X-Trail, Juke & Qashqai showcased in India-preview928x5224.jpg

Nissan X-Trail, Juke & Qashqai showcased in India-preview928x5223.jpg

Nissan X-Trail, Juke & Qashqai showcased in India-preview928x5222.jpg

Nissan X-Trail, Juke & Qashqai showcased in India-preview928x522.jpg
sarathlal is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th February 2024, 19:59   #82
BHPian

Don’t want to sound a pessimist but at this point I believe Nissan has no real intentions to ever bring any of these cars in India.

Every few months there is some PR done just to keep user interest/ stay in news without any actual meat.
SinghShu is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2024, 09:14   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinghShu View Post
Don’t want to sound a pessimist but at this point I believe Nissan has no real intentions to ever bring any of these cars in India.

Every few months there is some PR done just to keep user interest/ stay in news without any actual meat.
I agree. They are happy with a single car and however much it sells. There have been rumours about X trail, Qashqai for 3+ years now. Already a prospective customer (me) dropped out. Sure there are hundreds like me.
Old 24th May 2024, 08:02   #84
Distinguished - BHPian

Nissan X-Trail India launch in the coming months.

X-Trail SUV will come to India via the CBU route with a petrol engine only and will be sold in limited numbers.

Quote:
Nissan X-Trail to be sold in India in limited numbers
1.5-litre turbo-petrol likely to make 204hp and 305Nm
Nissan ePower models under evaluation for a launch later

Link:
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2024, 09:48   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post

X-Trail SUV will come to India via the CBU route with a petrol engine only and will be sold in limited numbers.

Link:
The new X-Trail's standout feature in this era is its ePower.
Without that and as a CBU does not make much sense and looks very illogical. Not to forget that this could be happening after years of launch preperation.

It will be interesting to know what perception this Nissan and Honda management is having about our market.
sarathlal is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th May 2024, 11:55   #86
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

The 40-50 lakh market is quite big in India given the number of Fortuner Toyota sells every month. Honda should had launched it's Pilot by now in India and Nissan it's X-trail. But the playing it too safe is hampering our choice and their profit too.
But given the past record of these brand it will be very optimistic to expect those car being launched at <50 lakhs ex-showroom making it DOA and then crying about that Indian market has not developed/matured enough.
IC_Morningstar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th May 2024, 11:58   #87
BHPian

Quote:

I am convinced Nissan's strategy is driven purely by some government mandate that they should have sales of at least X number of vehicles in the Indian market to be eligible for some govt. incentive.

A basic CBU launch after hinting at it for months and months is very sloppy and will likely reflect in its sales.
ComboCutter is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th May 2024, 12:51   #88
Distinguished - BHPian

Seriously?

“It’s a special limited import for true petrol aficionados – especially for Nissan lovers,”
itwasntme is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th May 2024, 13:33   #89
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarathlal View Post
As the refreshed Trail is readying for its US launch, Nissan has published the interior pictures of the refreshed model.
It's to be priced from 28K USD to 41K USD, which makes it close to the estimated 45 - 50 Lac OTR price.
X-Trail without Hybrid is pointless against the Skoda Kodiaq. This is actually a good reminder of how splendid a package the Kodiaq is - with that stonker of a 2L Turbo Petrol with DSG - Way superior in power and torque to an 1.5 Turbo from Nissan. Plus Kodiaq has more classy looks, many more convenience features etc. Even the generation currently on sale here is very competent against this X-Trail and if Skoda brings in the next generation, there is no parameter where X-Trail will be able to match or excel it, be it looks, powertrain, features, space or comfort. Only point is if Skoda prices the new Kodiaq senselessly (say close to 70 lakh on-road, like they have doe with the Superb) and X-Trail comes in at 45 lakhs on-road, it has a fighting chance.
Old 24th May 2024, 14:50   #90
BHPian

A 3 cylinder mill to compete against the Skoda Kodiaq ? Absolute rubbish !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks