Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2024, 12:30   #151
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Nissan X-Trail, Juke & Qashqai showcased in India

Nissan X- Trail with 210mm GC, 20-inch wheels and an LSD (limited slip differential)

Nissan X-Trail, Juke & Qashqai showcased in India-gs0i_mfxmaagvhu.jpg

Link:
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2024, 13:08   #152
Team-BHP Support

I see a 255/45 R20 tire in a SUV, 255 width is okay, 20 inch wheels too is passable, but 45 profile, that is a red flag IMO (if one plans to do any bad-roading in it).
Sheel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2024, 15:42   #153
BHPian

Any idea this car is a CBU from which country? Seems to have fabric seats instead of leather/leatherette which isn't necessarily a bad thing but at a price range of 40-50 lakhs, buyers do have certain expectations.
Old 19th July 2024, 15:46   #154
BHPian

Get ready for the launch of a car, which will be sold at a 15-20% discount after 6-8 months!
Old 19th July 2024, 16:06   #155
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead_Pedal View Post
Any idea this car is a CBU from which country? Seems to have fabric seats instead of leather/leatherette which isn't necessarily a bad thing but at a price range of 40-50 lakhs, buyers do have certain expectations.
Looking at how other assembly locations are LHD, this is most likely to be from Japan. Japanese manufacturers don't miss the chance to source any CBUs launched in India straight from Japan. But when it comes to CKDs, they would most likely source it form Thailand, which anyway doesn't have Xtrail/Qashqai/Rogue assembly in this case.

Edit: Just noticed. The India spec X-trail has LHD column stalks.

My pet peeve. https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...us-models.html (The curious case of control stalks in the Indian market Lexus models)

Looks like we are being offloaded with UK stock?

Last edited by DicKy : 19th July 2024 at 16:23.
DicKy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th July 2024, 16:15   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Looking at how other assembly locations are LHD, this is most likely to be from Japan. Japanese manufacturers don't miss the chance to source any CBUs launched in India straight from Japan. But when it comes to CKDs, they would most likely source it form Thailand, which anyway doesn't have Xtrail/Qashqai/Rogue assembly in this case.
I too thought it's an import from Japan. Doesn't look to flashy but has a good equipment list. But, thank god they didn't bring the Gathers head unit along with it's Japanese menus like the ones in our neighbouring nations.
Old 19th July 2024, 17:37   #157
BHPian

It is absurd that this is the same company which made cars such as the Skyline series. I used to adore Nissan growing up and this is the best they could do?
From the looks of it, this is almost certainly leftover UK stock that Nissan is trying to push off the shelves. A 1.3L 3 pot engine with a comical "micro-hybrid" system? Seriously? This is borderline disrespectful to the Indian market.
Nayra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2024, 18:54   #158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Is that the rear head-rest? Right till the hip joint? Wow. That will be an uncomfortable place to be in, with that kind of a setup! Anyways, let's not pass judgements till the official review and the prices are out. The best thing is to wait and watch what they do.
Old 19th July 2024, 23:41   #159
BHPian

Looks pretty underwhelming to say the least. The lack of a diesel engine doesn't help either. The Fortuner is still going to remain the top seller. Nissan seems to be setting themselves up to fail.
quad_exhaust is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2024, 05:25   #160
BHPian

Can someone remind me again, what is it about India that automakers only bring small engines.? Does the 2 litre plus spec attract disproportionately high taxes?

Surely it’s not about emissions. My 3.2 litre Ford Endeavour consumes much less fuel than my wife’s (now sold) 1.6 Litre Volkswagen Vento Petrol.
Old 20th July 2024, 09:03   #161
BHPian

Local Manufacturing or even the CKD route is out of the question for X-Trail as both options needs considerable investment and unless substantial sale is guaranteed, No company is going to go through that route. Looking at the car's specs and size, this looks like a 30 Lakh Crossover and with that 3 Cylinder engine, I don't think Nissan is going to pull any big numbers with X- Trail.

More pressing question is would anyone buy a 35 Lakh SUV from Nissan. Internationally Nissan is a biggie but in India, It still is a brand which produces budget friendly cars with budget build/interiors/ engines. People shopping in 30 Lakh+ bracket do care about brand perception alot. We have seen in the past or even currently that many products although very capable are failing only because of this one point. Nissan has diluted the brand itself to the extent that consumers eyeing for new car don't even consider them anymore. Teaming up and sharing portfolio with Renault did more harm than good for both companies.
Old 20th July 2024, 18:40   #162
Senior - BHPian

Ah yes, Nissan very cleverly targeting that gap in the market for all the people who have been asking for 20 inch rims and a limited slip differential on a FWD 3cyl suv. Pair it with a 10 year old screen and those ugly seats and make sure that it looks worse than the global version and we finally have a best seller on our hands.

I wouldn’t choose this thing over the Alcazar or 700, much less whatever segment they are planning to price this at.

Mod Note: Our 2024 Nissan X-Trail Review has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

Last edited by Omkar : 23rd July 2024 at 14:12.
Cresterk is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks