Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2022, 15:06   #46
y2k
BHPian

Re: September 2022 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis

I am surprised to see Honda having such a low market share. As I was going through he segment wise list of top sellers I was thinking why City and Amaze are not on the list but having looked at the market share no wonder that Amaze and City are not in the top sellers. They will have to sell a significant amount of cars for them to appear in that list. Not sure if their offering is that valuable compared to the competition.

I have been planning to get Honda Amaze but now this is not inspiring confidence. I think I should rather look at Glanza or Baleno.
Old 27th October 2022, 19:50   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti delivers higher sales in October, but still below the pre-covid festive season.

Quote:
Maruti Suzuki, the deliveries were 1.94 lakh in the Diwali season which is 40 percent higher than last year’s number of 1.31 lakh. While this looks healthy, the numbers are lower than those of the Pre-Covid period
Link

Last edited by manson : 27th October 2022 at 21:21.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2022, 21:09   #48
BANNED

I have been planning to get Honda Amaze but now this is not inspiring confidence. I think I should rather look at Glanza or Baleno.[/quote]

It’s better if you go go Toyota Glanza rather Baleno simply for the A.S.S, and peace of mind👍
Old 28th October 2022, 11:59   #49
pqr
Distinguished - BHPian

September 2022: Toyota Hyryder & Maruti Grand Vitara fuel wise wholesale

Name:  Hybrid.png
Views: 468
Size:  10.7 KB

This is the first month of dispatch. We have to wait for a trend, in coming months.
pqr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2022, 12:28   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pqr View Post
Interesting. Too early to call but is the brand positioning and customer base effect already showing up? People with higher budgets (hence strong hybrid) are opting for the Toyota while people with lower budgets are opting for the Maruti?
achyutaghosh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2022, 10:31   #51
pqr
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achyutaghosh View Post
People with higher budgets (hence strong hybrid) are opting for the Toyota while people with lower budgets are opting for the Maruti?
Name:  toyotahyryderpricessuvfullnew768x583.jpg
Views: 463
Size:  103.9 KB
Source: Rushlane

Looking at the design of the variant and price positioning of Toyota and Maruti, it is quite predictable that the trend will remain in line with the first month's data.

It seems like Maruti’s (MSIL) accountant did all the work and didn’t let Toyota touch the cash register, even for a second. MSIL’s accountants count every penny, no wonder they have such a good margin, despite paying a 5% royalty to parent company.
pqr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2022, 11:00   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pqr View Post

Attachment 2372725

This is the first month of dispatch. We have to wait for a trend, in coming months.
Thank you for this post.This is very interesting data (strong hybrid numbers). Hope we can see this data in the coming months too. I would love to see the strong hybrid sales/ dispatch data for the Honda City Hybrid as well to see the market response for hybrids. Can you point to any public data sources.

Some folks are saying strong hybrids will dent the diesel market, but the first month data is not too encouraging in that regard.

Last edited by ajayc123 : 29th October 2022 at 11:04.
Old 29th October 2022, 11:51   #53

Gone were the days when sedans used to have a major market share. It has been reduced to bits and pieces I believe. SUVs and Hatch Backs have clearly made a major dent in the market share. I wish the market improves for Sedans.
Old 30th October 2022, 07:15   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by War4Car View Post
Gone were the days when sedans used to have a major market share. It has been reduced to bits and pieces I believe. SUVs and Hatch Backs have clearly made a major dent in the market share. I wish the market improves for Sedans.
It's bcoz of poor city roads in all our metro cities (barring Delhi/Noida). SUVs and hatchbacks take bad roads better than sedans, esp when fully loaded. Sedans often get their bottoms hit by the road/speedbump/pothole and take repeated dings to their underbody. Such is the pathetic situation of our city roads.

Last edited by vharihar : 30th October 2022 at 07:17.
vharihar is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks