Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2022, 21:27   #31
BHPian

re: Maruti Suzuki S-Cross removed from the Nexa website. EDIT: Replaced by Grand Vitara

Have enjoyed owning the 1.3 Zeta since early 2017. It replaced my ageing Linea. It was a toss up between the S-cross, the EcoSport and the Creta for me. I liked the Creta but preferred the understated looks of the S-cross and I'd say the S-cross was better to drive than the Creta. We had also just acquired the Elite i20 and the interior of the Creta was very similar so the S-cross was a bit different. Having said that, the Creta had better ergonomics. On receiving delivery I immediately replaced the JK stock tyres with Yokohama Earth 1s.

It's been a totally fuss free ownership and a complete contrast to also owning the Linea and the Vento. Linea was a pleasure to drive but it's service was a headache to put it mildly.

My wife is currently in the market for a new car to replace her Baleno and I highly recommended the new S-cross. Got as much traction as any husband's advice.

Last edited by invidious : 10th October 2022 at 21:30.
invidious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2022, 00:56   #32
BHPian

re: Maruti Suzuki S-Cross removed from the Nexa website. EDIT: Replaced by Grand Vitara

We have the facelifted S cross 1.3 ddis zeta variant and it has done close to 98k kms so far and will easily cross 1L kms by the time it turns 5 by the end of this year. Everything is as good as new and we plan to keep it for 50k kms more atleast before deciding if we want to get something new or not. Even if we go for something new, we will go for some 7 seater car as it simply doesn't make sense to me to sell the mighty S cross and then go for something from the same crossover segment.

Really wish Maruti could have just offered us the newly facelifted S cross. The newer model was looking much better and had the potential to do good sales as well. Maybe the S cross turned out to be too much of a deviation from the usual Maruti cars that they decided to slash it
Old 11th October 2022, 12:59   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satishchugh View Post
I certainly felt bad for a moment, but this was coming after the launch of Grand Vitara. Having owned Fiat Palio and Chevy Beat, both of which were discontinued/ OEM left the country, I am well versed with lack of spares and can assure it doesn't affect you if you are in a metro/big city. Further with it being a Maruti and part sharing that comes with being a Maruti, it wouldn't be a problem even in smaller cities.

I would have said this is a great time to pick a pre-loved S-Cross, but the pre-owned market is insane these days. So I don't even expect any impact on price. Just last week a friend put his 1.6 Lakh run S-Cross 1.6 on sale at eye watering 7.5 Lakhs. What else you want! (I know 1.6 is a rare breed but even then a 10 year old 1.6 Lakh ran car is well old).
No, friend, I disagree with you to some extent; while car parts will be easily available in major cities, they will be difficult to obtain in smaller towns. My friend has a 2007 model Grand Vitara and had to travel 600 kilometers to get his headlights, which cost him around 25000 rupees.
amrit_bareta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2022, 19:18   #34
BHPian

When the news popped up that S-cross is going to be discontinued, I was sad and happy at the same time. Sad, since after 9 months of buying S-cross, I got to know that this vehicle will not be on sale anymore. Happy because I made the right decision and will be able to cherish this gem of a machine till end of it's shelf life. When I was in market before I made my decision to go with S-cross, this vehicle was not even in consideration and I checked out almost every car in same segment and below ones as well, but none of them were making sense. But one fine day I gave it a try and car spoke to me. It was more like car chose me rather than me choosing the car. There's no looking back and it doesn't bother me at all if car is on sale anymore or not, I'll enjoy it thoroughly

I don't think parts will be any issue for any of the current owners at all since Maruti's massive part sharing with other models
Beingtraveler is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks