Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2022, 10:48   #1
Senior - BHPian

Kia Seltos celebrates its 3rd anniversary in India

Kia India is celebrating the completion of three years since the launch of the Seltos. Introduced on August 22, 2019, it was the brand’s first product for the Indian market.

Kia Seltos celebrates its 3rd anniversary in India-01-refreshed-kia-seltos.jpg

In 2022, the Seltos became the fastest SUV to reach the 3 lakh sales milestone, allowing the brand to retain its position among the top 5 carmakers in the country. The first 1 lakh units were sold by August 2020.

Since this month, Kia started offering 6 airbags as standard on the Seltos. In September 2021, the carmaker introduced the 'X Line' trim finished in Matte Graphite exterior colour and 18-inch Matte Graphite alloy wheels.

The Kia Seltos comes with 1.5-litre petrol, 1.4-litre turbo-petrol and a 1.5-litre diesel engine options. Transmission choices include a 6-speed manual, 6-speed iMT, 6-speed automatic and a 7-speed DCT.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 25th August 2022 at 10:50.
TusharK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th August 2022, 10:57   #2
BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos celebrates its 3rd anniversary in India

Full marks to the parent company. Surprised at just how successful the Kia brand has been given that it had very little brand equity in India. Compare that to the more middling and downright failed efforts of brands like VW-Skoda, Nissan-Renault-Datsun.

What's even more surprising is that the products are in the same bracket - it's not like one brand is positioned to be more premium. Seltos-Creta; Sonet-Venue. I guess it's a matter of time before Kia brings in something on par with the Verna.
invidious is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th August 2022, 17:29   #3

Re: Kia Seltos celebrates its 3rd anniversary in India

All is well until you face an issue with your KIA car. I had seen many complaints on the DCT gearbox. So I got a manual one thinking that it will be more reliable but unfortunately gearbox issues started within just 9 months of usage. Gear oil was tested and apparently presence of metal was detected. It seems the bearing got damaged in a new car!!

Customer service and the way they handled the whole situation was pathetic. I wrote to the company but did not get any response. It was only the dealer who was handling the issue they were clearly incompetent.

It was a nightmarish scenario and I clearly regret getting a KIA car. I asked for a complimentary extended warranty after the repair operation considering that it was a new car but was completely snubbed.

I got to know that there were many niggles being reported in KIA cars. It is understandable considering that its been sold in record numbers and the manufacturer clearly doesn't focus much on the quality control nor customer service according to my experience.
Dejay is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks