Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2022, 14:28   #31
BHPian

Re: Which online classifieds / website did you successfully sell your car on?

1. Which website did you successfully sell your car / bike on?

Spinny. Sold my 7-year old Duster RXL Plus.

2. How was the experience?

The service was prompt and they were also giving the best price on the car (compared to Cars24 and other local dealers). Very professional and efficient.

3. Do tell us stories about the serious guys & timewasters.

Two inspections were done. One, within 24 hours of putting in my request, the next just before taking the car away.
The service executives came and did a detailed inspection of almost 60-90 minutes. Test drove the vehicle and then (first time around) assured me the Sales Head would call me with a quote within 6 hours.
I got the call within 4 hours. Wasn't very happy with the price considering it was a single owner well-maintained Duster, so he said he would get back in a day to give their last final offer.
That occurred the next day within the prescribed time limit.

4. How fast / slow did the sale happen? Did it take a lot of time to sell your car?

From my OK to selling the car it took 1 day.
They only took the keys after the amount had been transferred to my account.

5. Did you pay for the listing, or free?

Free. I just filled in a form online and someone called.

6. Did you get the expected price or did you have to go way below?

It was 20% lesser than what I had expected but it was the best price I was getting (had checked with many local buyers,FNG, references etc)
Didn't know at the time that Duster was going off the market and mine was a first-gen petrol manual. Most said had it been a diesel the price would have been higher.
Plus the professionalism and not wanting to wait for an OLX type bidding and spamming (had heard stories from a few friends) went ahead with it.

The RC transfers still pending, though I kept getting SMSes every 2 months saying it has not been done and they are on it. The 'ghosting' is a real issue. But other than that the process was fairly painless and quick. (The painful bit was bidding goodbye to our Buddy :( )

7. Any tips or advice?

Would recommend Spinny as a good option for sellers.

Just make sure you take pictures of the car inspection being done, a short video is also good. Basically what you'd do if you were to taking delivery of a rental / self-drive car. In my case the sales guy remarked how well maintained it was so that would have helped in case I needed to bargain at a later time!

Take down phone numbers of the guys sent to inspect the car, but especially one who comes to take the car away. Goes without saying to also pic-scan all the papers you're being made to sign.

Deactivate your FasTag as soon as you can.
Mine was from ICICI so that process itself officially (then)took 24-48hours. I came to know it had not been deactivated despite logging into the ICICI website and actioning the deactivation when an SMS told me the car was on route a checkpoint near Dahisar the next day. Since I had his number I called the car pick-up guy and he said it was being taken to their yard.

The hardest part is saying goodbye. Say your thank yous and take pictures with the car a day before. Go on a last drive, let it know it is as loved as it has loved you back all these years. It might get overwhelming on the day. It did for me. My wife didn't even come down when our Buddy was finally driven away by the Spinny sales exec..thankfully we found the same spot where we had taken its first pictures so we took the last day pictures there.
Remember - in every ending there is a new beginning.
Evyas is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th August 2022, 15:45   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrioraks View Post
It doesn’t work that way even if Cars24 has the best intentions at heart. In case the car gets embroiled in a legal issue, the owner is liable and is a party in court proceedings. Sharing this based on real life experience. An acquaintance who sold to Cars24 had to visit court multiple times because the car got involved in a fatal accident before ownership transfer process concluded.
Hello warrioraks! This is a truly unfortunate situation to be in! Did your acquaintance have to hire a lawyer? What happened with the court proceedings? Did the acquaintance face any legal troubles? In my opinion, Olx can get us better resale value as compared to Cars24 however the paperwork has to be done by us, for which we can simply hire an agent in 3K-5K and still benefit with a better price offered to us.
redohabitat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2022, 16:03   #33
BHPian

After reading all the experiences of car sales, looks like cars24 is a better dealer to sale our priced possessions. I am looking at selling my now 10 year old Mahindra Xylo E9 nHawk 8 seater in mint condition. Vehicle will complete 1 lac kms after another 400 kms. Immaculately maintained and almost like new interior. I had purchased this on Olx from seller directly when it was just 9 month old with 15k on odo and plastic covers on seat still intact. I had checked cars24, spinny and olx auto.

Which one would you suggest will give a near expected price ?
Old 20th August 2022, 17:32   #34
BHPian

I sold my Hyundai i20 via team-Bhp classifieds. The buyer was another BHPian. We agreed on a price and it was a win-win situation for both of us.
SuperSuri is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th August 2022, 18:02   #35
Team-BHP Support

Octavia vRS - CarWale after a lot of effort. T-BHP had plenty of tyre kickers
Swift ZXi - Team BHP classifieds
City. VX auto - CarWale
BMW 3 GT - CarWale - dealer bought through this
Toyota Corolla - Team BHP classifieds
Jetta -Team BHP classifieds

I find TeamBHP extremely effective for quality cars below 20 Lakhs. Also the buyers are a better set of people. CarWale is ok but you have some control in filtering buyers.

Last edited by ajmat : 24th August 2022 at 20:58.
ajmat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th August 2022, 19:28   #36

Team BHP classifieds section is one of the best till date. I had listed two of my cars on OLX and the experience was terrible. Not because of the platform, it was because of the users who continuously bombard you with low ball offers. Additionally, there are several scammers who pose as army personnel and try to con you. Several other portals push you towards a premium/paid membership. Again, another way of taking money from our pocket. Team BHP classifieds section is genuine and reliable. Owners write proper vehicle history, descriptions, modifications done and realistic pricing. If you are looking to buy a genuine car from a genuine person, Team BHP classifieds should be your first and last stop.
BlackLight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2022, 19:36   #37
BHPian

I sold two cars but I don't remember (maybe didn't bother too) to check with them which site they used to find my car. I believe the first one came through Team-Bhp. I brought a pre-owned car from Team-Bhp classified. I was not in a hurry to sell both the cars so didn't put up with low ballers & waited for the right price to be offered. I used some other relatively unknown or upcoming platform to list the cars as the buyers there were more serious than popular platforms like OLX, Quickr etc.
My experience with OLX was pathetic. Many of the so called buyers there are car dealers who's started quoting really low price. I also got calls from Taxi drivers and other non-serious buyers who didn't have much clue about the cars. Totally irritated I took down the ad from OLX.
I believe in both the cases I got buyer from Team-Bhp; the second buyer is a Team-Bhp member.
Cars24: My friend went to them sell his 2 years old Honda City Petrol automatic & was offered 4.5L when it costed him 12.5L. Dejected he sold it to his office colleague for a very reasonable price.
amit1agrawal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2022, 20:57   #38
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang_Boss View Post
In my case, the buyer changed his mobile number after i chased him to get it registered. And now, the bike is stuck on my name. Thank god! its almost 10 years now and i need to wait a couple more to get rid of it from my name.
I had that happen with an offline sale a long time back - waited one month, filed a police report saying bike was stolen. Knew the SHO and gave him a heads up before I filed the report. The guy came bawling and complaining within 2 days. Told him to come to the station, dealt with it the same day.
Pennant1970 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2022, 22:31   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennant1970 View Post
I had that happen with an offline sale a long time back - waited one month, filed a police report saying bike was stolen. Knew the SHO and gave him a heads up before I filed the report. The guy came bawling and complaining within 2 days. Told him to come to the station, dealt with it the same day.
I have thought that too and have discussed the case with couple of police officers. They advised me not to do such stuff in Hyderabad, hence had to stay away from the same. I must admire your guts for your moves though. I was told that, if the OP files a complaint on us, its going to be considered as cheating case and hence i couldn't pursue him further. At this point, i have no hopes other than waiting for 4-5 years, when the RC gets cancelled/invalidated. Any advice on how should i take it further?
Mustang_Boss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2022, 23:03   #40
BHPian

Have sold two cars to Cars24. Alto 800 in December 2016 and Alto K10 in February 2020. Both times I got paid real-time and did get a good deal. After that I got SMSes informing me of RC transfer. I checked it on the Vahaan website and found that the RC name has been changed to the new owner's. The entire process of selling was hassle free and seemed to be transparent.
driver52001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2022, 23:50   #41
BANNED

Well I haven't sold a car, but did get a quote for it, without the contact information, they don't show the price, and my oh my, the minute I gave my contact number I kept on getting scam calls every 15 minutes from different number, I used cars24 and olx, they showed me a quote of 1.5 lakhs, but then I kept getting spamming messages saying that my car is worth 30-40k only.
Absolutely troubled by this, I have literally blocked 30-40 calls till now
It's best to give your vehicle in exchange for a new one, they take care of almost everything, no hassles whatsoever.

Last edited by Piyush Kanthak : 20th August 2022 at 23:51. Reason: Adding some points
Old 21st August 2022, 00:02   #42
BHPian

1. Which website did you successfully sell your car / bike on?
2011 Etios sold in 2018 - Sold through OLX, took some time but found a genuine buyer.
2013 i20 sold in Dec 2020 - Listed on OLX but changed my mind soon because Covid cases were again increasing in my city and sold to Cardekho
2013 Innova sold in Jan 2021 - Sold to Cars24

2. How was the experience?

I got both the i20 and Innova inspected from Cardekho, Cars24, Olx in one day and got them to fight it out over the next week both times. Since the cars was in very good condition, they didn't want to let it go. Finally sold to Cardekho and Cars24 respectively when they offered almost what I was expecting.

3. Do tell us stories about the serious guys & timewasters.

OLX no doubt has a lot of time wasters but has genuine people as well. All it takes is that 1 genuine person. I got low balled for the Etios a few times but then I was contacted by an army person, offered decent amount and since he was at his posting, sent two of his friends once to confirm the condition of the car and then to take delivery while signed documents were couriered. I know he has been taking good care of the car because I still get SMSs and calls from Toyota whenever the car goes for service. (Toyota isn't able to update new owner phone number in their system?!)

4. How fast / slow did the sale happen? Did it take a lot of time to sell your car?

About 3 months

5. Did you pay for the listing, or free?

Free listing

6. Did you get the expected price or did you have to go way below?

Almost what I expected

7. Any tips or advice?

Keep changing the location of the listing to nearby areas or put up duplicate ads. I somehow receive way more responses when the ad is listed in Sarita Vihar, Delhi then my original location which is Faridabad
Shitij is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2022, 00:37   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redohabitat View Post
Hello warrioraks! This is a truly unfortunate situation to be in! Did your acquaintance have to hire a lawyer? What happened with the court proceedings? Did the acquaintance face any legal troubles?
Yes they hired a lawyer and had to appear in court twice in another state where the accident happened. Eventually it was an out of court settlement.
Old 21st August 2022, 05:50   #44

I sold my Terrano through Cars24. The experience was seamless. They also took car of removal of bank loan hypothecation. Just I had to give the bank NOC and the relevant RTO documents filled in. The whole process was completed within a day. They do get the service history of the vehicle (they get this information from the respective brand service partners)

1) they thoroughly check the car
2) give an estimate
If you are good to go
3) they call for auctions
4) show you the list of bids
5) then you can confirm and done.
6) as the documentation or ownership transfer progresses they keep you posted.

What helped me was, the estimates from few local car resale centers and Spinny as well, which i did before going to Cars24. Finally, went to Cars24 and hence had a good view of the offer. Spinny person comes home and does a thorough review, then provide an estimate (in my case, he was not ready to take the car since my vehicle had a frame work in the rear because of an accident)
Old 21st August 2022, 11:34   #45
BHPian

I sold my Fiat Punto Abarth a couple of years ago on the Team-BHP Classifieds. Two reasons for not opting for OLX/Quikr.:

a) since it was a relatively rare vehicle, wasn't sure if I'd find the right audience on OLX/Quikr - suspected I'd spend a large amount of time warding off unserious buyers who had no idea about the car; and
b) prior experience of selling a phone with these sites was scammy and spammy, both

Some tips for selling Team-BHP:
1. Be reasonable on asking price - am sorry to say but some of the numbers folks have put up on T-BHP classifieds are completely unrealistic
2. Know that a person buying from Team-BHP is likely from the brotherhood/sisterhood and will take good care of the vehicle
3. Be as comprehensive as possible in the description. Apart from the standard needed info (mileage, registration location, model year, insurance history), include details like: aftermarket accessories, upgrades and mods; ICE overview; why you're selling
4. Good quality pics, taken in sunlight. Front, Rear, front three-quarter, rear three-quarter, close up of tyres, and odo reading.

I found a great buyer within 24 hours, no haggling, and closed the transaction within 3 days.
splitinfinitive is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks