Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2022, 11:41   #61
BHPian

Re: Has Tata removed Rear Wash-Wipe from all Nexon variants?

Quote:
This is a shocker for me.
I recently booked Nexon and a rear wiper/washer is needed for me on this car. I checked the brochure and found no mention of the rear wiper & washer.
I checked with a salesperson at Garve Motors, Tathawade and he confirms that there is no such information passed it on to them. Hopefully, the news is a rumor. Crossed my fingers...
satish.gawai is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2022, 13:29   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
It is possible. Fitting the rear wiper is half the story. Integrating it into the vehicle's control electricals is the other half. And expensive.

- Buy a complete rear windscreen of the top model Nexon which has the wiper hole. You can buy the rear windscreen with the demister should you wish
- Rear wiper and motor is a straight fit as the Nexon's rear hatch inner panel is package protected to accomodate a rear wash/wipe system.
- You have to change the wiper combination switch to that of the top model. Also ensure that the rear wipe/wash wiring loom is connected to the wiper actuation switch
- Install and route the washer pipe and its assorted plumbings to the windscreen washer botlle in front. The windscreen washer motor is common.
- Activate the "smart wipe" rear feature, (basically the rear wiper turns on automatically when the front wipers are on), in the Body Control Module. This will require you to take help from your TML Service Centre, as you would be needing their diagnostic software.

You are good to go.

The cheaper alternative: (Indian jugaadu method)

- Buy the top model's rear windscreen and the rear wiper mechanism. Fit everything.
- Make a direct connection of the rear wiper to a simple manual "on-off" switch, mounted somewhere within your reach on the dashboard.
- Use as and when necessary!
Nearly cracked up reading this. I know you are writing the truth tinged with humour but sudden removal of features does pose a problem for people like me. I want to buy the Nexon but condition of my bank accounts dictate that the buying will happen only next March/April. If features get removed till then, its back to the drawing board for me.
I hop that this is just a rumour and nothing else
Old 24th August 2022, 18:31   #63
Senior - BHPian

I visited TATA showroom yesterday to TD Nexon and I can confirm that Rear Wash-Wipe is available in Nexon.
jeepster is offline   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks