Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2023, 18:44   #76
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio Classic | A Close Look & Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Since Mahindra Scorpio did not qualify for the GS800 requirements of the Indian Army, this is unlikely for their use.
If I recollect correctly, both Scorpio and the Safari passed the user trials as per the requirement of the Army but the Safari was awarded the project and tender. However, I don't understand what made the Army to add one more vehicle to their inventory, instead of placing additional Safaris.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
I'm still not convinced. Maybe the necessary fitments will be carried out at the MT of the concerned units.
These vehicles look like they are fresh out of the assembly line from Nashik plant. There is a specific entity 'Mahindra Defense', that delivers the end product to our defense forces from a base product. So, my guess is that the army specific modifications will be taken up by Mahindra Defense and then delivered to the Army including the jerry can holder, convoy lights (black out lamps), and few more electrical changes. I remember there were some changes in wiring where they want some features powered on even without the key being turned into Ignition position (but key is in and validated).
saikarthik is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2023, 15:00   #77

I placed order for foot mats and seat covers from m2all for my scorpio. Going to be one month now and no sign of them delivering. Called the m2all customer service 3 times but they keep saying 10 more days. Very poor state of affairs in today's date.
Old 25th January 2023, 00:04   #78

Scorpio classic's prices increased by Rs. 65,000 for both variants. Happy to have got mine before the hike. 2 Pune dealers had told me there is a lot of demand for Classic also.
Old 2nd February 2023, 22:10   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganapathy View Post
I have driven my Scorpio Classic for the last 8 weeks and done about 4000 kms. Overall the experience has been just satisfactory. Some of the issues have been as follows:

1. The head unit is virtually featureless. Even if you fix a reverse camera the screen resolution leaves much to be desired.
2. The usual problem of virtually no space at the side, renders most of the cup holder and storage space on the inside of the doors useless. Also slotting in the ignition key with the driver door closed is an herculean task.
3. There is an abrasive noise while slotting in the gears and despite complaining several times, the Mahindra technical people have no solution to this, apart from stating that this noise is there in all Scorpio classic cars even in new ones.
4. The wiper speeds are impractical . The lowest speed is itself too fast.
5. The antennae at the top of the car sticks out like a sore thumb at a crazy angle.
6. The handle to open the doors are so flimsy that you are scared they will break at any moment.

Overall cost cutting is visible and badly executed. Not very happy with my my purchase decision despite being a die hard Mahindra Scorpio fan
Sorry if I sound a bit critical, but most of the problems you mentioned are easily identifiable before purchase at showroom and during test drive.

Now that you have purchased the vehicle be positive and enjoy it as pointing out the issues will not eliminate them in the vehicle you proudly own.
sagsaw is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th February 2023, 10:58   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

Mahindra Scorpio Classic waiting period

Mahindra Scorpio Classic | A Close Look & Preview-20230209_105735.jpg
Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2023, 11:21   #81
BHPian

Hi - I want to add indicators on my ORVM's and make my ORVM's foldable for my new Scorpio Classic. Also I want to add a TPMS and a Dash Cam. I am looking for advise and suggestions as to the best place to get it done in Chennai.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks