Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2022, 21:12   #106
BHPian

Re: New cars that are readily available, without any wait period

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnoBloop View Post
This whole waiting period thing is a trick used by brands just to create some hype around a brand new vehicle. You can get any car on a period of 2-3 months in average!
Lowest waiting period or even average waiting period is not quoted much. Only the highest waiting period, that too of a particular variant in a particular city, either in high demand or they don't intend to sell much is highlighted. Our auto media also very happy to highlight these news.
True, some variants has high waiting period. Mahindra do not have production capacity to meet up the current demand. Nor they can build over capacity for it is difficult to predict future demand.
Waiting period has become a prestige issue for brands. Build hype around it !! And dictate terms. Create FOMO on a new product.
d-g-p is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th October 2022, 17:53   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post
Someone I know got delivery of Ignis AMT in 1 month in Mumbai, with colour of choice. In case there is no hard & fast choice of colour, it may be available even earlier.
I booked the Ignis top end automatic in the last week of July in Bangalore. They have still allocated a car to me. I had told them I will not be taking a car loan. They are postponing saying the car will be allocated in next 15 days or a month. Any advise how I should handle this situation? I don’t know if the reason for delay is genuine or fake.
Old 14th October 2022, 18:51   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santroman View Post
I booked the Ignis top end automatic in the last week of July in Bangalore. They have still allocated a car to me. I had told them I will not be taking a car loan. They are postponing saying the car will be allocated in next 15 days or a month. Any advise how I should handle this situation? I don’t know if the reason for delay is genuine or fake.
Call multiple dealers regarding your Enquiry. Change the dealer if needed.

AMT's are not readily available i guess, unless you are picking silver/grey, there seems to be some wait period.
Mustang_Boss is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2022, 11:23   #109

I request this forum members to share their experience about waiting period for Ertiga 2022 face lift model ZXi+ AT in Bangalore. Any specific dealership offering shorter wait time than others? Any specific color option has shorter wait time?
RSMM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2022, 17:32   #110
y2k
BHPian

A question for knowledgeable members and senior BHPians from Mumbai -
Any idea what the current waiting times are for the following cars in Mumbai and if any specific dealers
Amaze
Baleno
Dzire

Also if you have any strong suggestions for alternatives to these cars in the same price rage (automatic) then please let me know. It will be my first car and I would appreciate any suggestions.
y2k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2022, 19:57   #111
BHPian

Advaith Hyundai Bellandur has Alcazar Top end available in Petrol automatic (both 6&7 seat) in all colours except Brown for anyone interested.
rahulcmoulee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2022, 20:10   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang_Boss View Post
Ignis is readily available with almost all dealers. If you bargain hard you could get a very good discount ~45K +.

I hope you are aware that the Ignis might be upgraded soon. Either a full upgrade or just a Dual Jet engine upgrade.

Considering the discount offered to the new upgraded vehicle cost, it isnt a bad deal. If you are fine, you can go ahead with your purchase.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santroman View Post
I had booked my Ignis Zeta AGS on 02/09/2022 and the vehicle was ready for delivery on 01/10/2022 by Saboo Motors, hyderabad

Last edited by Bala.V : 25th October 2022 at 20:11. Reason: Addition
Bala.V is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th October 2022, 20:18   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bala.V View Post
I had booked my Ignis Zeta AGS on 02/09/2022 and the vehicle was ready for delivery on 01/10/2022 by Saboo Motors, hyderabad
I got mine (Zeta Manual) Grey 10 days ago. Booked few days earlier. Already clocked 1800 Kms.

Initial impressions: Its the most underrated car in Suzuki Stable. Nimble on Highways. The steering looked a tad bigger in showroom, but its of the right size and just perfect for both cities and highways. Got an FE of 20.7 on Hyd-Blr trip. Need to wait how these numbers change.
Mustang_Boss is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th December 2022, 15:46   #114
BHPian

Madhuban Toyota Kurla has Innova Crysta 2.7 Vx (7seater) Petrol Manual white Pearl colour readily available , if someone is interested.
Old 11th December 2022, 12:33   #115
y2k
BHPian

I was told at two different Nexa showrooms in Mumbai that Baleno has a waiting period of 6 months. One of them did not even give me a test drive saying they are booked for the same. Yet the very next day I got a call saying white Baleo is in stock do you want it. Refused saying can't buy without test drive. They didn't bother calling me after that. The other showroom that offered me a test drive at my location didn't reduce the price by a single rupee and said a 6 months waiting period unless I go for white as other colours may or may not be available. Top automatic variant.

Amaze is seemingly readily available. Again same criteria for variant.

Tiago is also seemingly available.
y2k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2022, 20:58   #116
y2k
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2k View Post
I was told at two different Nexa showrooms in Mumbai that Baleno has a waiting period of 6 months. One of them did not even give me a test drive saying they are booked for the same. Yet the very next day I got a call saying white Baleo is in stock do you want it. Refused saying can't buy without test drive. They didn't bother calling me after that. The other showroom that offered me a test drive at my location didn't reduce the price by a single rupee and said a 6 months waiting period unless I go for white as other colours may or may not be available. Top automatic variant.

Amaze is seemingly readily available. Again same criteria for variant.

Tiago is also seemingly available.
Weird that Tiago test drive was promised to me yesterday but only at a certain time which I had to refuse as I was not available then. Asked today and was told to please consider test driving on Tigor instead of Tiago as Tiago is out for maintenance. What does that sound like? They have it for sale but not for Test Drive in just a single day.
Is this showroom test driving delivery cars or can it be something else?
Old 19th December 2022, 09:20   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSMM View Post
I request this forum members to share their experience about waiting period for Ertiga 2022 face lift model ZXi+ AT in Bangalore. Any specific dealership offering shorter wait time than others? Any specific color option has shorter wait time?
I checked in Kalyani in Brookefield. They mentioned 3-4 months waiting, but priority to be given for exchange and full payment instead of loan. They will only check exact slots after doing booking. They did say if you are flexible with colours, potentially they could give within a month for exchange and full payment type bookings.
Old 27th December 2022, 19:27   #118
BHPian

Posting on behalf of a friend.

He has been on the look-out for a 7 seater vehicle with good ground clearance for rough roads (to go places where his European sedans scrape).

He has been quite disappointed by the wait-list situation. Here's a list of the cars he's looked at, and the estimated waiting times he has been given by dealers in Mumbai at the time of this post
  • Mahindra Scorpio N - The showroom staff told him that it would be a 2 year waiting period! A saleslady called back the same evening to follow-up. When my friend said there's no way he's waiting 2 years for any car, she responded with "Sir, when do you want? We can move you up the list". He was so upset with the shady sales tactic, Mahindra got knocked off the list there and then
  • Kia Carens - 5-6 months waiting. Friend is willing to compromise on colour and may get one ready unit with some luck
  • XUV700 - 1 year
  • Toyota Innova Hycross - 3 months minimum
  • Toyota Hyryder - 3 months

All of the above cars looked at were for the diesel / strong hybrid automatic variant.

So if anyone in Mumbai wants a car with no waiting period, you may want to knock the above off the list.
kadanaJ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th December 2022, 15:07   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadanaJ View Post
[list][*]Mahindra Scorpio N - The showroom staff told him that it would be a 2 year waiting period! A saleslady called back the same evening to follow-up. When my friend said there's no way he's waiting 2 years for any car, she responded with "Sir, when do you want? We can move you up the list". He was so upset with the shady sales tactic, Mahindra got knocked off the list there and then
Well, if open for the top variant (Z8L) your friend can probably get one immediately.
Many available with dealers, literally off the shelf.

NBS Mahindra Kandivali had 3 Z8L variants with them till last week, 2 of them were petrol not sure of diesel.
Old 1st January 2023, 01:07   #120
BHPian

The MG ZS EV exclusive variant is readily available in Red, Silver and White across Chennai and Bangalore dealers. Bangalore stock yard has around 10 cars unallotted. Same goes for white Excite variant.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks