Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2022, 14:02   #46
BHPian

Re: New cars that are readily available, without any wait period

If one is a bit flexible with the choice of color and variant you can pick a car without waiting periods. Only a handful of newly launched popular cars with particular variants having the long waiting periods. There are so many options available in the market that one can take delivery of a car within 3-4 days of putting down the payment.
Old 11th August 2022, 14:12   #47
BHPian

Hello All,
I have booked Tata Nexon XZA+HS dark edition last month. Dealer quoted 4 months waiting period. Upon continuous follow up he made official CRM entry last week. I am still to receive confirmation e-mail from dealer on my booking. Since it is a dark edition, dealer said it may come earlier than 4 months.
Old 11th August 2022, 14:19   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
Hyundai Alcazar is available for ready delivery. Honda City as well. A couple of weeks tops if you insist on any particular colour.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Waiting periods are a marketing tactic. They play the customer for a fool. Instead of having to push a sale with discounts and offers, they have created a scenario where the customer ends up chasing them with a premium, just for a delivery. There are a few exceptions where there in genuine waiting, but mostly, all makes are in it. Even for in-demand cars like XUV700 and Kia Carens. You’ll be amazed on how the waiting periods drops from 1 year to 1 month when you show your willingness to buy their overpriced accessories, graphene coating etc.
The accessories and teflon coating is done by the dealer and not the brand. The dealer can pull a few strings to get a car allotted to you but that's it. Insane waiting periods are the result of demand vs. supply. If the demand is so huge, companies have to mention the inventory they have and the output they can deliver every month. Instead they go ahead and try to thump their chests saying they have gotten so many bookings in under one hour or one day. That is a wrong strategy. The waiting periods cannot be fully artificial. If one company does that, the other will easily take advantage and flood the market with their products. The industry is not a monopoly, so saying the demand and waiting periods are all fake is exaggeration.
Raghu M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2022, 15:00   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChetanM6 View Post
May I know the Mahindra dealer name please.
The dealer is Mahindra Utkal Autocoach, Jamshedpur.
anubhav7286 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2022, 15:58   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
Don't think so. Why they will keep lakhs of people waiting?
That indeed is the case. I have been searching for a SUV since last 4 months. Finally booked AX5 D MT, two time i got offer from different dealers to get AX5 delivered in a week if i am willing to buy accessories worth 1 lac from them and get financing done from Mahindra Finance.

Finally after getting drenched continuously in Pune rains from last 2 months and my increasing discomfort due to back ache, i gave up and booked harrier XZA which was readily available with great discounts, i should get the car in 1 week post registration, not to forget my dealer experience with TATA specially Panchajanya was far better than what I had with Mahindra dealers.

I have realised car buying scene isn't for me anymore. I cannot wait for a car for time period more than 2 months. The excitement fades away and you just keep getting confused plus i really don't like being taken for a ride by these dealers where they sit across the table with smug smile or theirs and ask for premium. I am paying for the car isn't that sufficient?

Add to that plethora of breakdown/negative stories around almost all the cars on the internet, it makes one question the market itself.

In Pune these cars are readily available (last checked on 7th August 2022):
  • Compass sport diesel is readily available in black, white and red shade at Sky Moto.
  • XUV700 AX5 Petrol MT and XUV 700 AX5 D MT (silver) is available at Sahyadri Motors (Baner). I know of two other Mahindra showrooms but won't mention them due to my not so satisfactory experience with them.
  • Harrier XT, safari XT and Harrier xza+ is readily available at Panchajanya.
  • Volkswagen has ready stock for Virtus Highline (all colours except red) and Taigun (specially GT 1.5 MT)

Last edited by aah78 : 12th August 2022 at 02:43. Reason: LIST added. Typos fixed. Please proof-read. Thanks!
BleueNinja is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 11th August 2022, 16:35   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleueNinja View Post
That indeed is the case. I have been searching for a SUV since last 4 months. Finally booked AX5 D MT, two time i got offer from different dealers to get AX5 delivered in a week if i am willing to buy accessories worth 1 lac from them and get financing done from Mahindra Finance.
If this is real, then its really shocking, unethical and unfair. When someone has booked car and waiting for it for months, how can they give it to someone else just because he is buying accessories? People should complain about this to companies if dealer is trying to do such things.

In case of Mahindra, just tweet to Anand Mahindra, I am sure he will take some action. This is absolutely nonsense by dealer.

My personal experience is different, no dealer offered me early delivery if I am ready to buy some accessories. For my last 2 cars, I have to wait for 2 months each. Luckily this time only I got my Ertiga within 10 days without any such things. I got myself few accessories from MGA is different story, but they never forced me to buy, I did it willingly.

Last edited by aah78 : 12th August 2022 at 02:42. Reason: Quote trimmed.
aniketi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2022, 16:40   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post

In case of Mahindra, just tweet to Anand Mahindra, I am sure he will take some action. This is absolutely nonsense by dealer.
Trust me it is appalling and petty. In my experience, Mahindra is the only one pulling such stunts. Hyundai and Kia simply asked me to wait. YouTube is filled with such videos where people have been forced to buy accesories and other stuff to get their cars delivered early.

Last edited by BleueNinja : 11th August 2022 at 16:42.
BleueNinja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2022, 16:48   #53
BHPian

We booked the TATA SAFARI XZA+ Dark Edition on 28th July 2022 and got the delivery of the car on the 9th Of August 2022.

Here is the Beauty.
New cars that are readily available, without any wait period-safari.jpg
pd_scorpio is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 11th August 2022, 17:15   #54
BHPian

For NCR members: Multiple Honda Amaze and City available with dealership in Agra. Most cars are MT. Multiple colour options available too. One may contact the only dealer here for stock available
bravo82in is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th August 2022, 17:52   #55
BHPian

VW Virtus is almost ready for delivery except for a couple of colors in Bangalore. One of my relatives just got delivery yesterday and waited 3 weeks because they wanted the red colour. Otherwise, the dealer said it's 1 week for delivery if they are not particular about color
sswaroop is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2022, 18:56   #56
Senior - BHPian

I think Thar no longer has a waiting period in Kerala at least. I was offered a diesel automatic for immediate delivery along with a discount and one of my friends got his new facelift Thar in a week.

I guess the demand died down now that people realised it’s not very practical.
Cresterk is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th August 2022, 20:10   #57
BHPian

Couple of XUV500 AX5 petrol manuals were available at anant cars Chandapura if anyone is interested.

VW Taigun top end 1.5 dsg was available off the shelf for 21L at VW Mysore. Contact SA Om.

Last edited by callmeneo : 11th August 2022 at 20:15.
Old 11th August 2022, 21:29   #58
BHPian

Suzuki Swift Dzire and Honda Amaze - both are readily available in multiple dealerships in many cities of Punjab. Even Dzire CNG is available with minimal waiting of 1-2 weeks.

We have been in the market for a CNG car for cab business of a relative, hence came to know about the same. Discounts of 25-30 k INR are available as well if you bring multiple quotes for competition.
sarav100 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2022, 22:39   #59
HrB
BHPian

Bought Triber LXT LE last month. Enquired on a Monday, did PDI on Tuesday, the car was ready for delivery on Thursday. However, took delivery on Friday.

The stockyard had over 50 vehicles (Kwids, Tribers and Kigers) available for delivery. Hardly 10 of them were already booked by buyers.
Old 11th August 2022, 23:27   #60
BHPian

I believe waiting periods are going to be over, as chip shortage is normalising. Maruti have already stated that they have reached chip supply at 95% of target. Possibly even discounts will also start to bring down inventory.

As per news:
'According to Maruti Suzuki India Ltd, the total industry inventory has gone up to 2,12,000 cars from 1,20,000 at the beginning of the year. Higher stocks indicate better production, but the industry must now match it to the underlying demand for specific models as bookings continue to increase.'
Gummybear is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks