Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2022, 00:19   #16
BHPian

Re: New cars that are readily available, without any wait period

Someone in my known circle just booked an XUV700 AX3 Petrol AT 5 seater earlier today. The car was readily available at the dealer yard and hence the booking was done. Delivery expected in the next few days.
Torque_Curve is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2022, 07:42   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
Been to Tata, Mahindra, Honda, Hyundai, Kia and Toyota showrooms over the past 10 days. Let me tell you, even cars like XUV700 are available. They won’t say it to your face directly, at least not before you cough up the booking amount. Fact is that both AX3 and AX5 are available within a month if you are not fussy about the colour. Of course, if you want the AX7L AWD or the base MX, that takes time. The company priorities the fastest selling models, which are the middle ones.
To me these appear to be early signs of good old days. I think we are done and dusted with the covid demand pileup. The hype can be sustained probably till end of the festive season. I am hoping for normalcy to return by next year.
ajayc123 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 9th August 2022, 07:59   #18
BANNED

Taigun 1.0 Highline, irrespective of the city or dealer, just go and get yours like buying groceries from the market.

Recently we made a query for availability, within an hour we were bargaining for discounts - name any dealer in NCR and even till Chandigarh, everyone had them ready for instant delivery.

Last edited by VKumar : 9th August 2022 at 08:00.
VKumar is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 9th August 2022, 10:30   #19
BHPian

With covid lock-downs lifted, i am forced to do multiple trips from Hyderabad to Bangalore every month (2-3 trips ). So, am actively looking for an upgrade.

Recently inquired for the following:
Wagon-R cng: Was readily available in Hyd [Silver, Both variants]
Swift Petrol: Available with 40+K discounts
Baleno Petrol Delta/Zeta: 1-2 months depending on color. Grey/Silver: 1-2 weeks.
Dzire: Yes, Available with lower discounts.
Sonet Diesel: 4 months wait. [2+ months on Silver.]

Some dealers were quoting a waiting period for these cars, but others had them in stock. If you are open to other colors and need a car, you can pick any of them the same day. Try to visit multiple dealers, you will definitely find one.
Mustang_Boss is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th August 2022, 11:04   #20
BHPian

I had booked a Kia Sonet GTX Plus DCT on 3rd June with a 36-week waiting period. But I got a call from SA saying that the car reached the stockyard on 21st June. However, I couldn't take delivery as I was out of India. After physical verification by my family, I paid 50% of the ex-showroom price and also got the official communication of VIN allotment. I took the delivery on 20th July.

Last edited by Aditya : 9th August 2022 at 18:51. Reason: Grammatical errors
Sukanta73 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 9th August 2022, 11:38   #21
BHPian

Quote:
It’s the same story at the others. Someone was taking a Carens delivery, he got his car within 6 weeks of booking. He was liberal with his purchase of accessories and extras. The ‘official’ period quoted to me was 1 year, which is hilarious.
I think this is more about the dealer letting few people jump the queue because of a more profitable deal rather than a reflection on the waiting periods.
warrioraks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2022, 11:57   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The big change is that instead of you haggling over discounts, the ‘deal’ you will negotiate will be over the so called waiting period.
+1 to this. This playbook is not really new; it's been used for new launches where the product is expected to be a gamechanger (atleast for the short timeline). I have seen this back in 2011 when the Vento was launched and the 1.6 diesel was in "high" demand.

Also a side benefit of waiting periods is they get to play 'favorites' for customers who have good connects and/or are ready to pay for the accessories and other services; and voila - the car gets delivered to them on a short notice. Unfortunately the delivery timelines has always been opaque across manufacturers so the current situation works directly into their playbook across all products, rather than specific model or version based constraints.
ninjatalli is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th August 2022, 12:21   #23
BHPian

It all depends on the demand and supply ratios, back in 2019 2020 there were no sales and showroom gave various offers and discounts to consumers. Now due to shortage of semi conductors the supply reduced although demand remained same, hence the waiting periods. I too am going through waiting period phase for Glanza, it is going to take 60 days as per docket raised. I am utilising the time to explore various accessories and going through the reviews.
Old 10th August 2022, 17:26   #24
BANNED

I have said it before and will say it again, long waiting periods are a myth created by automakers to create the aura of high demand. Sure there are 2 or 3 exceptions including the Mahindra XUV 700 where the demand exceeds the supply, but others have the capacity to produce a lot of cars if the demand is there without much trouble and include all Marutis, Hyundais and Kias here.

Starting from Cruze 2012
Said 2 months Delivered in 2 weeks

Honda City 2014
During the second month of its launch
Said 3 months Delivered in 3 weeks

Creta 2017
Said new model's (2017 manufactured vs 2016 which was readily available) delivery will start from mid march or so but started calling after 20th Jan and gave me the car on 1st Feb, it was a superhit car then (like now) and dealers claimed atleast 4-5 months waiting time.

Brezza 2022
Many publications claim 50,000 cars backlog, 6 months waiting, all a joke.
I booked in July, wanted in September but to be sure I will positively get it then, booked earlier.

SA claims he has received the shipment twice in one month where I could have gotten the car but he didn't call me since I wanted September delivery, in other words if I wanted it immediately I could have gotten the car in less than a month.

Have changed the booking to AT now, expected in Aug last week or September, had a little public fallout with the SA, lets see when or if he calls now.

The only thing constant has been me playing cool with them and not pushing for early delivery or showing any excitement, I'am firm on colour and variant/model year choices and always tell them I will wait without issues.

Last edited by Rocketscience : 10th August 2022 at 17:28.
Rocketscience is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 10th August 2022, 17:44   #25
BHPian

We bought a Thar diesel Auto a few months ago . The car was at home 4 days after the TD. A friend bought a Petrol Manual Seltos. Car was home a week after TD. A relative bought a Kushaq with no waiting period 3 months ago

Last edited by Sumer : 10th August 2022 at 17:48.
Sumer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2022, 18:03   #26
BHPian

Add Hyundai Tucson to the list. Launched today at obnoxious prices, you can get them pretty soon from your nearest Hyundai premium outlet as soon as you book it.
RaghuVis is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 10th August 2022, 18:21   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketscience View Post
The only thing constant has been me playing cool with them and not pushing for early delivery or showing any excitement, I'am firm on colour and variant/model year choices and always tell them I will wait without issues.
I called up few dealers and was told that Breza 2022 any variant any color would be available within 4 weeks of me booking. All this 50k, 100K is a hype created by the company and supported my media.

PS: replying from mobile as travelling, pardon me of any misalignment in sentence.

Last edited by aah78 : 12th August 2022 at 02:40. Reason: Quote trimmed.
sunbaj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2022, 18:44   #28
BHPian

Toyota Innova is officially available in 15-30 days, that’s from the initial discussion. For the Fortuner, they have made the premium official. Basic 4x2 diesel automatic needs 6-8 months. The Legender and GSR can be made available in 4-6 weeks!! Again, pretty sure this will reduce once the booking is made and you sit across the table.

Any Idea what's the delivery delay for the Toyota Camry?
pd1108 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2022, 22:13   #29

In Bangalore all Automatic versions as of last week:
Brezza: 4-6 months waiting
Baleno: 3-4 months
VW Taigun: depends on colour choice 20-45 days
MG Astor: 2-3 months varies as per colour availability.
Magnite: 15 days, except red colour (3 months)
Kiger: 15-30 days depending on colour (Red 3-4 months)
Kia Sonet: 6 months
Kia Seltos:8 months
Creta: 6-8 months
Alcazar: 15-20 days
Venue: 6 months
kapil.l is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2022, 22:21   #30
BHPian

This is from the Mahindra showroom we visited 2 weeks ago to check out the Scorpio-N & XUV 700.

New cars that are readily available, without any wait period-fcc54758dba945c68ce890796b11ad84.jpeg

Last edited by aah78 : 12th August 2022 at 02:41. Reason: Image inserted in-line.
Evyas is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks