Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: What was your Scorpio-N booking outcome ?
Booked myself & got introductory pricing 44 21.26%
Booked myself but did not get the introductory pricing 46 22.22%
Booked via dealer & got introductory pricing 11 5.31%
Booked via dealer but did not get introductory pricing 34 16.43%
Fake booking by dealer without my consent 29 14.01%
Other – please describe in comment 43 20.77%
Voters: 207. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2022, 20:15   #121
BHPian

Re: What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?

I just added to my cart just now only for testing, it is saying that price applicable at delivery will be applicable. I am not inclined to get this vehicle anyway.
ajayc123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2022, 20:53   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayc123 View Post
I just added to my cart just now only for testing, it is saying that price applicable at delivery will be applicable. I am not inclined to get this vehicle anyway.
I believe people who added to cart before 30/07 are getting this introductory price banner.
Old 2nd August 2022, 20:59   #123
SDK
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FidoDido View Post
I believe people who added to cart before 30/07 are getting this introductory price banner.
Don't think so. I had added to cart on 5th July on a separate account. If I try to book that now it says
"Price prevailing at the time of delivery will be applicable for you"

I think its only been done for those who clicked the Book button on 30th July in the first 1-2 mins.

Last edited by SDK : 2nd August 2022 at 21:00.
SDK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2022, 21:30   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDK View Post
Don't think so. I had added to cart on 5th July on a separate account. If I try to book that now it says
"Price prevailing at the time of delivery will be applicable for you"

I think its only been done for those who clicked the Book button on 30th July in the first 1-2 mins.

May be.

Actually the other screenshot is shared by a friend of mine and he is having an option to BOOK NOW and it shows that he’ll get introductory price.
Attached Thumbnails
What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-0b4faaac89314d5d90b40578c992cd36.jpeg  

FidoDido is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2022, 23:47   #125
BHPian

My booking (Done on D day) which was made as soon as the payment gateway was up initially showed that "Price at the time of Delivery Applicable".

However as I could check today, seems like Mahindra has lived up to their promise and now my booking shows "Introductory price" under the Price field.

Can we add an additional option to the survey, that "I got Introductory price as promised by Mahindra post booking day".

Last edited by geekyengineer : 2nd August 2022 at 23:52. Reason: Missed text/spell mistake
geekyengineer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2022, 02:04   #126
BHPian

I was also one of the many who had their carts loaded before hand and clicked on buy now button at 11:0x am. However the payment portal payu was extremely glitchy, kept trying from multiple hardware, and was eventually able to make payment at about 11:17-18. Obviously I was not able to secure the introductory price and was extremely disappointed with the whole process. But now that I checked my booking details again tonight after watching a youtube video, seems like Mahindra has reverted my booking to be with the introductory price. Kudos to Mahindra. Btw booked z4 4wd mt in deep forest.
Dragonheart22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2022, 08:52   #127
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

My booking has been updated on 02 Aug to confirm that introductory prices will apply. I had booked at 11:16am on 30 July, after going through the failed payment gateway from 11. At least this is settled. Now to decide the colour.
Old 3rd August 2022, 09:19   #128
BHPian

Now that many bookings have been given the privilege of introductory pricing, the next big question is the delivery timeline.

How will all this effect the waiting period and ultimately the delivery?
Might not be a major concern for many. For me as well, Long waiting period is not a concern, but pre-delivery preparation is critical in my case.
Whats that? Well, I need to sell my Thar D AT firstly, will require a months time or so, close its loan and start the new loan process for the Scorpio-N. And in between, have to search for a self driven car for rent.
Considering I don't stay in a big city or even a big town for that matter, its going to be quite a massive task.

So, a proper delivery timeline is absolutely necessary in my case.

Last edited by dr_TJ : 3rd August 2022 at 09:21.
Old 3rd August 2022, 09:31   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_TJ View Post
Now that many bookings have been given the privilege of introductory pricing, the next big question is the delivery timeline.
Mahindra says they will communicate delivery timelines by the end of this month. That should give a fair idea of when to expect our cars. Going by their press release, Z8Ls have been prioritised this year.

Last edited by Aditya : 3rd August 2022 at 18:12. Reason: Quoted text trimmed
acquillew is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2022, 11:17   #130
BHPian

I have been waiting for ScorpioN for about 6 months now. I don't think there is any video that I have not watched on YouTube regarding ScorpioN.

Did practice bookings of XUV700 on their site without making the payment (to understand the payment gateway and options available). Had told two different dealers plus my wife and me on the laptop. Had done add to cart the day it was open.

The dealers did add to the cart only one day before Booking opened. Since I had put in my mobile number when I added it to the cart, they were not able to do it. Also they didnt generate enough confidence in me to leave the booking to them. They would never be as invested and interested as I would be. So told them that I would book on my own.

Did research on Mahindra dealers and realized that there are close to 900 dealers in the country and each of them was deploying 10 to 15 people to do the booking(plus people trying online). Therefore I knew for a fact that the 25K would be completed within one minute (simple math). I had to do the booking in the first 30s to be sure.

Did exactly that. The second the Book button appeared, I clicked and tried. Didn't happen on my laptop, tried on the mobile web which was also open. Didn't happen there also. Told my wife to go ahead with the booking but she was also unable.

Kept trying continuously till I was able to book it at 11.17 am. I was heartbroken because of the snag that happened and I got this confirmation.

What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-scorpion-001.jpg

The next day I realized that there was a major glitch in the payment gateway and read about Mr. Anand Mahindra's assurance. Still didn't have much hope and yesterday, I was just checking if they are still keeping the bookings open and I logged into my account and there it was!!!

What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-scorpion-002.jpg

I was too thrilled to see this because there was no other intimation or message that I received that my Price status has changed or that the cart has been updated.

Hats off to Mahindra for doing this. Now I am sure that they have given the Introductory price to more than 25K because they had already confirmed to the initial 25K people that they have it. Now they cant turn around and say sorry, your introductory price offer has been withdrawn. I'm guessing that they must've given the intro price to all those who booked in the first 30 or 40 seconds.

Any of you here who booked in 30 or 40 seconds and got the intro price?
Old 3rd August 2022, 14:41   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slylenser View Post
My booking has been updated on 02 Aug to confirm that introductory prices will apply. I had booked at 11:16am on 30 July, after going through the failed payment gateway from 11. At least this is settled. Now to decide the colour.
In spite of contrary opinion in online videos, I have gone ahead and booked Red. Simply because it is to my personal liking and my take was after White it is the next best choice.

Black is not as shiny black as Tata Safari Black nor it is as eye catchy like the previous gen Scorpio.

Green is not liked by my spouse.

Had they launched same mid-night black as XUV7OO, it would have been the most preferred choice but I guess somewhere they had to keep the demarcation between the two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_TJ View Post
Considering I don't stay in a big city or even a big town for that matter, its going to be quite a massive task.
Expect a bigger Chaos while selling and for loan formality considering the "small city/town" factor in your case.

If the economics permits, you should first get the Scorpio N and then try to sell the Thar. That would rule out the possibility of you being without a car for some period in between.

Last edited by geekyengineer : 3rd August 2022 at 15:01.
Old 3rd August 2022, 15:19   #132
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Why do I get a feeling that all those who were unsure of their bookings and mentioned it here on TBHP have got their prayers answered to prevent negative social media / PR.

Frankly a logical thing for a company to do, though not ethical.

The number of members getting this pleasant surprise is so high relative to the number of people who booked. This has definitely reaffirmed my faith in TBHP, though that in Mahindra the sceptical me takes with a pinch of salt.

No it is not me bashing Mahindra, this all may be 100% genuine, but it did raise a question that I have shared.

Last edited by ACM : 3rd August 2022 at 15:21.
ACM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2022, 16:08   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekyengineer View Post
Expect a bigger Chaos while selling and for loan formality considering the "small city/town" factor in your case.

If the economics permits, you should first get the Scorpio N and then try to sell the Thar. That would rule out the possibility of you being without a car for some period in between.
Loan closing formality is simple cause I have to pay foreclosure charges anyway and once bank gets this charges, they are happy to foreclosure the loan. Once I get the NOC, ownership transfer hardly takes 1 week or so. Although physical RC delivery is via post and takes a long long time.

Biggest issue is to find a genuine buyer who actually wants a Thar and who has the money to buy a used Thar. Also someone who knows a thing or two about Automatic transmission. Once I list my Ad on OLX, 95% of the messages are just for time pass. I guess my Team-bhp classified ad has no visibility either.

I could manage for 2-3 weeks with some rented car but not for 2-3 months.

Lets see, whats in store.

Last edited by dr_TJ : 3rd August 2022 at 16:13.
dr_TJ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2022, 16:22   #134
BHPian

Received a call few minutes ago from a soft spoken gentlemen who introduced himself has Customer Relations Manager from Mahindra Head office. Told me as per the time stamp I fall under the first 25 K bookings and asked me to go ahead and complete the booking by 6th Aug 11 am.

I asked him thrice if this was not a joke and he is serious about it to which he confirmed in positive.

Wasted no time, logged in and completed the booking using Amex card. My booking was for Z6 AT Diesel and it clearly mentions ' Introductory Price'

M&M has confirmed that all their deliveries till December will be of the Z8 variants so does this mean the lower variants would have chance next year only ?

I am going to sleep over this booking like those good old days where we had to wait a year or so for the BSNL telephone connection as I am not optimist of an 2022 delivery
Abhi_abarth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2022, 16:48   #135
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_abarth View Post
Wasted no time, logged in and completed the booking using Amex card.
Congrats! What amount did you pay using your Amex? The 21K booking amount?
MetalClank is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks