Team-BHP - What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/255014-what-happened-your-mahindra-scorpio-n-booking-89.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystic (Post 5602868)
...All automobile companies who think the consumers will wait for years to have their products are doing a big mistake. Love for their products will turn to hatefulness if deliveries are delayed beyond a reasonable time. People like me would go elsewhere to buy from their competitors.

It so happened that a Toyota dealer had an Innova Crysta in stock, and the car sufficiently matched your expectations.

This post is not to defend/blame any car maker, but just to consider things neutrally. A significant part of manufacturing delays were due to semiconductor shortages and the unforseen demand of their products. Something even Toyota is dealing with for the HyCross.

To their credit Mahindra did offer "Price Protection", which the Kia Carens or Toyota HyCross didn't offer. Even MG only offered it very very conditionally for a few Astor bookings. Mahindra offered Price protection even to ScorpioN bookings based on whoever tried to book within the first few minutes.

IMO Mahindra has a huge task to improve the optimisation of handing out delivery dates. They also have a huge task in training their service staff to serve premium customers who are using their flagship offerings.

Quote:

Originally Posted by insider (Post 5603547)
Really? I contacted my SA at Koncept Noida 10 days back but he was saying Z8 are not coming. My booking is black (Z8 P AT) but I have told him that I am flexible on colours but still he hasn’t contacted.:sadface

Please check with Shiva Auto, Lohia Nagar, Ghaziabad.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystic (Post 5602868)
I went to Toyota web site and booked online Crysta Z Diesel automatic. Immediately, I got a call from dealer Ravindu, paid cash and took delivery immediately. The dealer sent his person with number plates and fixed it at my home along with a technician who fixed the 360 degree camera at my home.Absolutely no waiting of any sort. The whole experience was so good and I wished that this is the way the consumers must be treated especially after spending 3 million rupees in hard earned money.

To be fair, the crysta is not their hot seller anymore so it's very likely that the dealer had some lying around in their yard. Come to the hycross thread and you will see that many of us waited months after booking without even knowing the prices to get our cars. Sadly the situation is the same for every manufacturer with a desirable car these days.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DCEite (Post 5603891)
Please check with Shiva Auto, Lohia Nagar, Ghaziabad.

Thanks. I will check with my SA at Koncept Noida.

Looks like tracker is unavailable from last couple of days at least. Is it happening for everyone or it’s just me?

Its down since last many days. I had booked Z8 P AT on the day booking opened, still clueless about its delivery timelines.
Every time they bring down the tracking site, the tentative delivery date gets pushed back by 1-2 months. This whole process is a pathetic experience.

Quote:

Originally Posted by IdreamIdo (Post 5605366)
Its down since last many days. I had booked Z8 P AT on the day booking opened, still clueless about its delivery timelines.
Every time they bring down the tracking site, the tentative delivery date gets pushed back by 1-2 months. This whole process is a pathetic experience.

It’s now available. For me target delivery date is still the same, i.e. Feb-Mar 2024

I had booked Z8 Petrol MT (Black) on 18th August 2022. The booking completes 1 year today.
Initial date was Oct-Nov 2024 which then moved to Aug-Sept 2024 and then Jan-Feb 2024.

For the past 7-8 months this is where the expected delivery date has been stuck.
The dealers are trying to push other colours and Diesel/Automatic options which they have in stock (probably cancellation or rejection cases).

Z8L Automatic variants are still readily available with many dealers. Even for new bookings they are committing delivery within 1-2 months.

I am not sure how Mahindra planned the deliveries, but they are clearly failing in their plans.

18-24 months is too long to wait for a car. Technology, safety requirements and user needs are rapidly changing. I wonder how this makes sense.

Still waiting..

Quote:

Originally Posted by insider (Post 5606116)
It’s now available. For me target delivery date is still the same, i.e. Feb-Mar 2024

What is the booking date and variant that you booked?

Quote:

Originally Posted by akkudreamz (Post 5606305)

It’s Z8 P AT. Booked on 6th Nov 2022. They have prioritised Z8L for obvious reasons. Many will get frustrated and switch to Z8L.:sadface

Booked a Z6 Diesel MT Variant today, tentative waiting period quoted is 13 months. As my next vehicle is still 6-8 months away, thought booking a Scorp'N would come in handy (If anything exciting doesn't spoil the game by that time).

Surprisingly it is still under maintenance for me.

What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-mahindrabooking.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by insider (Post 5606116)

Quote:

Originally Posted by agspins (Post 5607616)
Booked a Z6 Diesel MT Variant today, tentative waiting period quoted is 13 months. As my next vehicle is still 6-8 months away, thought booking a Scorp'N would come in handy (If anything exciting doesn't spoil the game by that time).

Booked my Z6 on 19th and to my surprise I was offered a vehicle on Tuesday as ready delivery :D.
But I refused since I'm planning it after 6-8 months.

Quote:

Originally Posted by akkudreamz (Post 5606305)
I had booked Z8 Petrol MT (Black) on 18th August 2022. The booking completes 1 year today.
Initial date was Oct-Nov 2024 which then moved to Aug-Sept 2024 and then Jan-Feb 2024.

For the past 7-8 months this is where the expected delivery date has been stuck.
The dealers are trying to push other colours and Diesel/Automatic options which they have in stock (probably cancellation or rejection cases).

Z8L Automatic variants are still readily available with many dealers. Even for new bookings they are committing delivery within 1-2 months.

I am not sure how Mahindra planned the deliveries, but they are clearly failing in their plans.

18-24 months is too long to wait for a car. Technology, safety requirements and user needs are rapidly changing. I wonder how this makes sense.

Still waiting..

After waiting for over 1 year, I finally got a call from the dealer saying : "Your car has gone into manufacturing, and it will be delivered within a month"

:)

waiting more anxiously nowlol:

Been a year since my bookings too. Z2 D Model Silver Color. Estimated Delivery 27th Feb-28th Mar 2024

So long are the timelines that I was getting this for an employee who is now not likely to continue with us itself rl:

Looks like the price have been hiked up again. It hasn't been updated in the cardekho, carwale,..etc. I was casually checking the Mahindra website since a friend inquired about the vehicle.
At this rate, my introductory priced N is an appreciating investment, not a depreciating asset.