Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: What was your Scorpio-N booking outcome ?
Booked myself & got introductory pricing 44 21.26%
Booked myself but did not get the introductory pricing 46 22.22%
Booked via dealer & got introductory pricing 11 5.31%
Booked via dealer but did not get introductory pricing 34 16.43%
Fake booking by dealer without my consent 29 14.01%
Other – please describe in comment 43 20.77%
Voters: 207. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2023, 20:29   #1246

Re: What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSIched'Out View Post

Can you elaborate on the bare minimum accessories that you bought for 5K?
Yes i bought OEM Mudflaps, Silver body cover and sun shades. That is all.
Old 27th April 2023, 21:35   #1247

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrida View Post
Booked Z6 Diesel AT as soon as the booking opened. Tracker indicates April 30 - May 15 delivery.
Got a call from the dealership - car has been billed and should be delivered within next 10 days

Have a few questions:
1. I'm planning to upgrade to alloy wheels - should I get it done at the dealer only?
2. I am a new driver and will prefer to have both front and rear camera - please share your recommendation
Old 27th April 2023, 22:23   #1248

Quote:
I have Z8 D AT 4WD with delivery dates same as yours (which now have disappeared. However the status shows that the car has been manufactured). I guess Mumbai based Z8 deliveries are yet to be billed to the dealers and M&M may be prioritizing far-off places deliveries to take care of the transit time and monthly GST payment cycle.
I have received allotment mail today mentioning that vehicle is billed and currently in transit to stockyard from the plant.

PS - Variant: Z8 D AT 2WD Napoli Black; City: Mumbai
intrepid86 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th April 2023, 05:59   #1249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krinpit View Post
I picked up the following.

3D Floor mats - 7000 (Will most likely change later)
These are very bad. Please avoid buying from showroom.

Last edited by krinpit : 28th April 2023 at 05:59. Reason: Corrected the type and price of earlier message
krinpit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2023, 19:39   #1250

Quote:
Booked Z6 Diesel AT as soon as the booking opened. Tracker indicates April 30 - May 15 delivery.
Update: Car is in stockyard. Doing PDI tomorrow. Will take the team-bhp PDI list. Are there any Scorpio-N specific checks that I need to keep in mind?
Old 3rd May 2023, 19:55   #1251
BHPian

Quote:
So what was the final outcome in your case? Did you go ahead with outside insurance? Also, any accessories/ add-ons that you bought/forced to buy and how much did it cost? Thanks in advance.
Outside Insurance - Yes my preferred choice TATA AIG (atleast for now)
Any Accessories - No ( and M2All website has Flat 50% ongoing but I don't think anyone is able to place orders yet the Stock is depleting :-P ) when dealer asked me I told are you going to give me 50% discount on MRP because M2ALL official mahindra website is providing and I know dealers get more margins.
Add Ons - No

Paid only what was needed - Ex-showroom, Cow Cess, RTO (including HSRP), File charges, TCS.
Old 4th May 2023, 07:09   #1252
BHPian

How much time does it takes for booking amount to be refunded ?

Cancelled my additional booking 2 weeks back still the amount is not redunded
Old 4th May 2023, 11:27   #1253
BHPian

And here I am with a status of cancellation initiated along with a refund after deducting 10% within 3/4 days with no intent and action from my end. It was an online booking and have raised the issue with the company. Waiting to see what their resolution will be. I am even more worried about who or how this can happen without any intimation to me.
sudipta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2023, 15:42   #1254
BHPian

Quote:
Update: Car is in stockyard. Doing PDI tomorrow. Will take the team-bhp PDI list. Are there any Scorpio-N specific checks that I need to keep in mind?
1. Check for the seat alignment?
2. I took mine with DPF level of 75. On pointing it out, was told that it will be topped up in service visit.

I now see that the driver seat is too close to the middle console. Not sure if that is the intent, but will sort it out during service visit.

Rest is all covered in the checklist.

Enjoy your ride.
krinpit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2023, 10:17   #1255
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1. I'm planning to upgrade to alloy wheels - should I get it done at the dealer only?
2. I am a new driver and will prefer to have both front and rear camera - please share your recommendation
1. Its foolish to pay more than the market price and if you are lucky, there are some deals available on platforms like Olx too for alloy wheels. Still, if it was up to me, I would pick it up from the Dealer since I do not want any warranty issues later. If the Dealer is magnanimous enough and lets one decide on the alloys from anywhere, then I would shop. Net-net, if they void warranty, then no-no
2. Same for the cameras, I would get them from the Dealer, even after reading numerous reviews of how bad they are
TheARUN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2023, 00:05   #1256

Hello everyone So finally today i got a call from my dealer and he said that my Z8 D (M) will be billed this month. The dates mentioned in my login ranged between 4th May to 3rd June 2023. This is Mumbai im referring to. I asked the dealer to send me the the accessory pricelist and he shared the same with me (mentioned below).
Initially I thought ill get the cosmetic accessories fitted from aftermarket but if im going in for genuine Mahindra accessory the prices in after market are also more or less the same (checked it out on Youtube) unless i go in for non mahindra products (which i may go in for in case of few accessories). Also im finding it difficult to source mahindra products. The shops i enquired in dint have them and M2all also is not all that great.

1) Alloys 17" Rs.69000 (Im yet to take a call on this)
2) Door Cladding Chrome Applique Set (4 pc) Rs.5500 (Ill have to go to Aftermarket for this)
3) No limits theme Kit Rs.3500
4) 7d Floor Mats Rs.10000 (Ill have to go to Aftermarket for this)
5) Illuminated Scuff plate (only front) Rs.3800
6) Front Parking Sensors Rs.3400
7) Rear Bumper Protector (Aluminium) Rs.5800
8) Anti Skid Dash Mat Set Rs.600
9) Mud Flaps Rs.1150
10) Tail Gate Applique Set (2 pcs) Rs.1200
11)Bumper corner protector Rs.1000
12)Rain visor with chrome insert Rs.4120 (ill go in for Aftermarket for this as well)

As far as alloys are concerned im a bit confused whether to go in with the dealer or search in aftermarket for originals. Can someone tell me where i can find genuine alloys in Mumbai? 70k for alloys feels way to costly.

Thank you
mandar_saraf is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th May 2023, 12:50   #1257
BHPian

Has anyone come across automatic booking cancellation in the recent weeks? My booking of 12 Dec 2022 got cancelled automatically and have got a refund of 90% of the booking amount. Is this a common thing to happen? Does anyone has any escalation contact for Mahindra that I can loop into the email thread that I initiated recently ?? Thanks in advance.
Old 12th May 2023, 17:13   #1258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubh001 View Post
How much time does it takes for booking amount to be refunded ?

Cancelled my additional booking 2 weeks back still the amount is not redunded
It takes couple of weeks to get a refund. If it's taking longer, the please escalate to customercare through email. They respond promptly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudipta View Post
And here I am with a status of cancellation initiated along with a refund after deducting 10% within 3/4 days with no intent and action from my end. It was an online booking and have raised the issue with the company. Waiting to see what their resolution will be. I am even more worried about who or how this can happen without any intimation to me.
If it was the case of delayed delivery (which is usually the case with almost all booking), then you should have written to customercare and asked for full refund citing it's their fault of no delivery within promised timelines. Someone in my extended family canceled the booking online and wrote an email stating delay, asked for full refund and got the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudipta View Post
Has anyone come across automatic booking cancellation in the recent weeks? My booking of 12 Dec 2022 got cancelled automatically and have got a refund of 90% of the booking amount. Is this a common thing to happen? Does anyone has any escalation contact for Mahindra that I can loop into the email thread that I initiated recently ?? Thanks in advance.
Dealers normally send an email closer to the promised delivery date seeking confirmation of booking from the customer as they need to get the vehicle invoiced from the manufacturer. It normally has a date by which you need to confirm if you are taking the delivery or not. In case you don't respond, they interpret that you are no longer interested and may go ahead and cancel your booking. Please check if that is the case or otherwise escalate to customercare. All the best
TSIched'Out is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th May 2023, 16:22   #1259

The base model Z2 are starting to reach the dealership,videos posted on the net show that the variant is a bare bone one ,they could have very well not provided the cheap head unit, the presence of it brings down the whole experience of the vehicle, which otherwise a solidly built one.
Cloudfire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2023, 19:38   #1260
BHPian

Quote:
Dealers normally send an email closer to the promised delivery date seeking confirmation of booking from the customer as they need to get the vehicle invoiced from the manufacturer. It normally has a date by which you need to confirm if you are taking the delivery or not. In case you don't respond, they interpret that you are no longer interested and may go ahead and cancel your booking. Please check if that is the case or otherwise escalate to customer care. All the best
My expected delivery date was September 2023 so it was no where close. To top that, there was no communication from the dealer or the company on this cancellation. On my escalation, I get a call from the dealer stating that they will re-instate my booking but against the full amount of 21k. But I have not received the 10% refund as for some reason I guess they are treating it as customer cancellation which is surely not the case.

The other day, I get a call from someone from Local Mahindra stating that the cancellation is due to some issue with the dealer system, someone at VVC motors mistakenly cancelled my booking. Not sure why and how, but I guess he was just trying to pass on the problem, typical ping-pong between company and dealer.

Finally I have requested for the refund of the final 10% from the company as it was their fault and not mine. Let's see what happens now but to be honest, a very sorry state of affairs.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks