Team-BHP - What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/255014-what-happened-your-mahindra-scorpio-n-booking-53.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ameyagaje (Post 5414661)
I'll be getting my Z8L D 2WD AT (deep forest) tomorrow.

I am going with STEK ppf. I have given a detailed explanation of my experience with the STEK installer in Hyderabad. It is coming to 1.3 to 1.6(max) for my Scorpio N. I think if you are spending 25 lakhs on a car, it is worth spending this money on PPF that has been in the market for a long time and has a reputation. They have active customer care as well.

If you decide to go with STEK, then get in touch with STEK India and find out about their authorized installers in your city and go to them. You can ask them to take the measurements of your car in front of you and then it is a simple calculation of total sqft x Rs 650. That will give you the exact cost. There can be a slight margin depending on the actual usage.

Here are the actual measurements for PPF for Scorpio N. Irrespective of who you go with, the measurements should not be vastly different from this. This was taken in front of me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rahulya007 (Post 5412603)
Did you enquire about the Garware PPF ? I got a quote of 500 per sqft from Brotomotiv in Pune. It comes with 5 yr warranty and i got a quote of about 1.2 lacs plus GST. They did a Safari recently with the same film for 85k plus GST, the top was wrapped in black. 2 lacs seems to be a bit too high.

I have also kept option open for buying it from Nikhil (Nick Zeek). He quoted me 38k for full role of 15 mtrs which is more than enough for a whole car. Detailers keep the extra role and typically use the same film when we claim warranty. These are Korean films with 5 yr warranty. Garware is manufactured in Aurangabad in Maharashtra.

No bro. I did not find out about Garware. When I asked 3M, they said it would cost about 1.7 L. I did some digging and research (on google and YouTube of course) about STEK and I was quite happy with what I read and saw.

If you are going with STEK, just make sure that you find out the authorized installer from STEK India and go to them only.

Here are the actual measurements of Scorpio N. This was done in front of me. So if anyone gives something very different, be careful!

What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-scorpion-measurements.jpeg

Quote:

Originally Posted by chipsnchops (Post 5415852)
No bro. I did not find out about Garware. When I asked 3M, they said it would cost about 1.7 L. I did some digging and research (on google and YouTube of course) about STEK and I was quite happy with what I read and saw.

If you are going with STEK, just make sure that you find out the authorized installer from STEK India and go to them only.

Here are the actual measurements of Scorpio N. This was done in front of me. So if anyone gives something very different, be careful !

This measurement is immensely useful. I contacted Brotomotiv in Pune and the guy i spoke to told me 230 sqft for ScorpioN which is 25 sqft more than your calculations even with that additional 10 sqft your calculation shows. But multiply it by sqft rate and the cost increases by around 20-25k which is a significant amount. Thanks for sharing this.

Will find out about STEK in my area.

Can someone provide the link to the PDI checklist ?
My car has come to the showroom and planning to do the PDI tomorrow and take delivery on Saturday if everything looks good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDK (Post 5416166)
Can someone provide the link to the PDI checklist

Here you go

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buyin...heck-list.html

Is anyone facing delay in registration in Bangalore ?
I have paid the road tax on 28th, but the status on vahaan site says "PENDING AT NEW-RC-VERIFICATION"
Any idea how long it takes for me to get the registration number and the number plates ?

Also I haven't been driving around much for this reason. Is it allowed to drive the new vehicle in this situation? Please advise.

Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aerosmith (Post 5416926)
Is anyone facing delay in registration in Bangalore?

Hello, I'm in the same boat as you are. The dealer paid the fees and completed all formalities on 30.09.2022 but even after one week the status remains the same on the Vahan website. I don't know what exactly to do about this. Neither can I visit the RTO office on a working day because of my schedule nor do they bother picking up the phone call. Can anyone tell me if it's legal to drive the vehicle without RC approval? I only have the fee receipt with me.
I thought of Digilocker but even there it says invalid data/error.
This also has created an absolute mess when I try to recharge the FASTag because the number isn't registered to the server yet. To add to this I read somewhere that FASTag will be blacklisted within a few days if I don't upload the original RC (I have IDFC issued FASTag)
Regarding the number plate the dealer had it ready during the time of delivery so I'm not worried about it. I think you should contact your dealer to provide number plate at the earliest by showing him the Vahan message with your number.

What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-screenshot_20221008020946.jpg

What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-screenshot_20221008021034.jpg

Booking tracking page is now down since last 4 days. Wonder what's up! XUV tracking works fine on the other hand.

Quote:

Originally Posted by saketsomani (Post 5414951)
Hi everyone,

Has anyone received a call from Mahindra for delivery earlier than expected? I have a Z8L Petrol AT booking with delivery due in August 2023 (as per the tracker), however I've been hearing chatter about the tracker not being accurate and cars getting allotted much sooner (specifically for the Z8Ls) not sure if this is because of cancellations or variant splits have changed internally.

Wanted to check if anyone else has got a call from Mahindra earlier than expected?

Thanks!

Yes, one of the customers who took delivery of his vehicle on Monday 3rd Oct, told me that he received a call a week ago asking him if he wants early delivery. According to the app his delivery time was showing Dec 22.
I spoke to a senior person in the dealership and got to know that whatever vehicle variants Mahindra has already manufactured (mostly Z8L and Z8) they are sending it and delivering it to people even if they are not in the first 25K.
I also got my car delivered on 5th of Oct, will share my experience in another post.

Happy driving!

The Mahindra Finance executive handling my loan application called just now and said that the 6.99% interest rate offer will be withdrawn from 10th Oct. Any disbursement happening on or after 10th will be at newer rates which will be atleast 0.3-0.4% higher. He does not know the new rates as yet.

Has anyone else going for loan from Mahindra Finance heard something similar ?

Not sure if this is a tactics being used by the dealer and Mahindra Finance to force me to take the delivery of the car I rejected today during PDI. There was a small dent and paint was cut on the rear left side above the bumper (beside the rear door).

In general I found Mahindra Finance not to be transparent about the charges and atleast their Kukatpally (Hyderabad) branch executives openly tell that they will charge Rs. 20-30 more than the system calculated EMI.

The processing fee of Rs. 8600 is deducted from the loan amount before disbursal to the dealer. But the EMI is calculated on the originally approved loan amount. In my case loan sanctioned was for 23.80L. EMI is calculated on 23.80L but the disbursed amount to the dealer is 23.714 L.

This is the first time I have heard something like this. Moreover EMI on 23.80L @ 6.99% for 3 years should be Rs. 73,477. However, these guys are calculating the EMI as Rs. 73,510 which leads to ~Rs.1200 extra payment over 3 years.

Since my car delivery will be delayed now (I dont see how they can fix the dent without repainting the panel), I am now thinking should I go ahead with Mahindra Finance or take a loan from my wife's bank @7% interest rate and 0.5% stamp duty.

Can I still cancel my loan application with Mahindra Finance and move to some other bank even though I have given all documents and cheques ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mustang17 (Post 5417298)
I spoke to a senior person in the dealership and got to know that whatever vehicle variants Mahindra has already manufactured (mostly Z8L and Z8) they are sending it and delivering it to people even if they are not in the first 25K.
I also got my car delivered on 5th of Oct, will share my experience in another post.

Happy driving!

My thoughts echo here. I too think that only Z8L variants have been and are being manufactured. Not sure for how much longer though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chipsnchops (Post 5415841)

Here are the actual measurements of Scorpio N. This was done in front of me. So if anyone gives something very different, be careful!

Just 2 days back, i came across a YT video of PPF on Scorpio and spoke to the guy. He quoted a very nice amount for Garware PPF for 3 & 5 yrs for garware plus and premium film respectively.

He said he is a distributor for Garware Films and soon opening a Garware PPF Studio. In his application he follows below steps:

1. Foam wash
2. Again foam wash along with car clay to remove contaminants.
3. Bardahl Rubbing Compound
4. Bardahl paint polish
5. IPA to remove oiliness of polish.
6. Bardahl ceramic coat
7. Garware sun film application.

All this with 3 yr film for 75-80k and with 5 yr warranty for below 1 lac.

Hi BHPians
This is my first ever article here on Team BHP. And the topic for it is the ScorpioN.

So here it goes. My family has booked ScorpioN Z8 Diesel Manual 4X2, one by my dad and one by me, to be able to capture introductory pricing but that still wasn't achieved. The vehicle was test driven and properly looked at in the showroom and it was love at first sight, to say the least, therefore we decided to keep the booking until the new pricing is out. We did get our waiting times a month later, one being expected between July, 2023-August, 2023 and the other between November, 2023 to Jan., 2024. The SA told me that I have the option of canceling any one of the bookings before October 31, 2022.

Now the real doubts that I have are whether I should keep the first booking or the 2nd. As the vehicles are being delivered, various niggles are being uncovered which isn't unexpected but whether they will be solved in the next 5 to 6 months or not is a doubt that remains in my head 24X7. The mileage does bother me but that doesn't matter, because love at first sight as I mentioned before. My dad agrees, although he is a little skeptical too and won't mind switching the option, whether to Xuv 700 or some other. My opinion is that Xuv 700 is the only other substitute worthy of attention below 20 lakhs and he does agree again.

My father is looking to buy the 2nd car of his life and he wants it big, because we currently own a ZEN 2005 and as much as he loves it, he doesn't want his 2nd car small as well. This also means that whatever we choose has to be good 10 to 15 years down the lane I.e reliable.

If my fellow BHPians can guide me as to what should be the next step, wait for the earlier delivery 8 months later, 13 months later or switch to XUV 700 AX5(that has to be one of the last case scenarios) or any other options you've got in mind. My dad would like top or 2nd top models because of the safety features and a sunroof(and no, not because of want, but he actually has plans to use it, I've seen him enjoying that in other's cars as well). Also, he loves enthusiastic driving so Grand Vitara was ignored because it's being pointed out as a little dull on the enthusiasm part.

Budget: Below 20 lakhs on road.
Want: Adequately loaded giving the feel of a new car and not just bare bones.

Thank You
I hope y'all like my first article ever.

Why ONLY the "Introductory Price' Scorpio-n booking are not trackable. It says some technical upgrade is going on. Any updates on that?

Immaterial of it being introductory pricing and not, the site has been giving the same error message for a over a week now. Not sure if someone else has any idea about it. Here is mine, which is a nip.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Error402 (Post 5418516)
Hi BHPians
Now the real doubts that I have are whether I should keep the first booking or the 2nd. As the vehicles are being delivered, various niggles are being uncovered which isn't unexpected but whether they will be solved in the next 5 to 6 months or not is a doubt that remains in my head 24X7.

Going by the past and looking at the trends on XUV7OO, don't expect the niggles to disappear so soon on Scorpio N - at least not in the time period you are considering. But, Mahindra has been addressing (atleast based on experiences here on the forum) without any excuses and you can expect the same going forward too. I would say trust the brand, believe in their customer service and buy extended warranty to have peace.

There will be a price hike (dealers have been indicating ~40K-50K) on top end variants and there could be one more in the next 5-6 months. Don't forget the repo rate revisions and interest rate could also go up significantly in the next 2 quarters - this impacts your ownership cost if your planning to purchase using bank loans. There is also a possibility of Mahindra rejigging some of the features - just like how they made on XUV7OO. They will definitely consider making Z8L more aspirational by making some features exclusive.

Considering the above, I would suggest to pick the vehicle if you don't have any other constraints.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fang2227 (Post 5418631)
Immaterial of it being introductory pricing and not, the site has been giving the same error message for a over a week now. Not sure if someone else has any idea about it. Here is mine, which is a nip.

Couple of reasons could be clean up of data (after removing duplicate/ghost bookings) and updating prices.