Team-BHP - What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/255014-what-happened-your-mahindra-scorpio-n-booking-3.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ulysses (Post 5369959)
After adding in cart and taking TD, I finally decided not to go for Scorpio N: it did not make sense for me. Reason being 1) I wanted to have an able off-roader so 4WD was my option. 2) The 4WD offered in Z4 version is of minimal use as per my understanding. Without any MLD/BLD, it is the simple Bolero Camper type 4WD system. 2 million+ price for this is insane for me. 3) Tthe real effective 4WD system is offered only in top end versions. But if I am ready to pay that kind of price then there are other more matured vehicle options to choose from.

4WD system with a transfer case is what you need , same as what is there in most 4WD vehicles like Bolero Camper, which by the way will do more off-road on a daily basis than just about anything else , save for old Mahindra jeeps. You may add an MLD or Diff lock in to the N rear axle if you are into some technical off-road work, else what you have is same as Thar CRDe or Scorpio Classic 4WD.

The 2M price tag is cheap compared to Scorpio classic 4WD that used to be around before BS6. What choice do we have? None really.

Quote:

Originally Posted by alokk0912 (Post 5369391)
Just a PR exercise. Fact is that they goofed up big time intentionally or otherwise. They have a multi billion tech company in their portfolio and want us to believe that payment gateway glitch was minor!! In today's world of cloud where lakhs of people were migrated to work from home in matter of days for an event which was not expected, they cannot plan for loads which was known to them in advance??. Better to stand up and accept the shortcomings and move on. Sad to see Mahindra behaving like Olas of the world.

Exactly. I couldn't belive that their servers couldn't take a load of 5 lakhs (assumption) of who wants to buy a car accessing their portal. This is nothing compared to what happens during Amazon or Flipkart or other mobile flash sales where millions might hit the payment gateways.

Mahindra is doing marketing stunt with its sales process, I am forced to belive. There are more than few benefits. Biggest one is the hype and then some serious free interest money. 5% of 18000 crores or even 18000 crores to rotate.

Very unethical but they survive because of their better than average product quality and Indian attitude of buying into their marketing stunts.

Why can't they go through a normal/traditional booking and owning process. I saw still people getting cars like THAR and XUV700 delivered in weeks and months time when people booked through system taking for ever. Still dealers have a way to play it around in the name of cancellation.

Marketing stunt of M&M has yielded great result, their stock today opened at all time high and 5% above last closing! With their AGM scheduled this week, this is even greater news.
Only what they require to fulfill now is their promise to be fair as per their press release.what they wanted to achieve is done.clap:

Hello Fellow Bhpians,
We had a look at the Scorpio-N on 23rd July about 5.45 PM at Koncept Mahindra, Rajiv Chowk, Gurugram and that particular showroom had only 1 car for a test drive and we were third in the queue without taking into account ongoing TD.

Considering time of 40-45 minutes for our TD to start, we thought of checking out new XL6 at adjacent Nexa. Really loved it and I now adore the feature list of new XL6 after a short test drive. More on that later.

Meanwhile, returned to showroom at 6.35 PM (yes we got late in checking out) only to find out that the showroom is closed and all the staff has left while my own car is still parked in front of their showroom. I tried speaking to SA to schedule a TD for next morning/ afternoon but he neither answered the call, nor called back till date. This has left me in a bitter experience. Although we too were late to get back, we were never told that they would close by 6.30 PM sharp and then SA as well as sales team leader not returning calls is not a good experience despite they taking down my number and I told them we're just around waiting for TD.:Frustrati

Now coming to booking, we were looking to book and I asked wifey to ask her company lease vendor for the booking process since this one is being planned as company lease vehicle from wife's office. The lease company executive asked for variant and color which we confirmed as Z4 Diesel AT Deep Forest. We asked the lease company executive clearly if we need to book directly. He stated we don't need to book and he's booking it at a nearby city's dealer where he had good PR.

Last night wifey opened her mails for some work and was surprised to see 12 bookings with her official id. All these were added to cart on Saturday at 9 AM and were booked from 11 AM to 11.15 AM. Our selected variant and color is there but all others are also there including Napoli Black Petrol Z8L, Everest White Diesel Z8, Dazzling Silver Diesel Z8 and what not.

All these have different booking ids and also have advance of Rs. 21,000/- mentioned on each booking. I have asked wifey to highlight this with the car leasing vendor SPOC today and also check if our selected variant and color is at introductory prices or not.

I'm suspecting this is how 1 Lac bookings have been achieved. :Shockked:

I will keep everyone posted as it develops further.

These flash sales / bookings are a way to inform the consumer, that you Sir are no longer the king. This whole fiasco leaves a bad impression about the entire launch price / product / manufacturer.

Ideally, to play fair, it would have been a time frame of a week for the booking and booked price prevailing at the time of launch as we shall never have the numbers of persons booked at launch price and deliveries happening at that price. IIRC, I just came across one BHPian booking the SUV at launch price.

Deliveries are uncertain, prices are uncertain & consumers are queuing up to get the product, what else would a manufacturer want?

Quote:

Originally Posted by INDIAN_VAGABOND (Post 5370176)
For all those 4WD enthusiasts, who need only 5 seaters; Toyota Hyryder and Suzuki Grand Vitara are both offering AWD in their Mild Hybrid MT Top Model.
Suzuki's ALLGRIP on both the above vehicles, is a Globally proven AWD technology; when compared to Mahindra's 4EXPLOR.

I am sorry, but they are AWD's which will provide some assistance in case of loss of grip in sand / snow & slush (not mud) and better traction while accelerating from loose surface.

Any globally *proven* AWD technology can not compensate for low range with BLD / MLD.

Quote:

Originally Posted by XRoader_001 (Post 5369345)
Over 25,000 bookings were clocked within 1 minute of bookings commencement, at 11:00 am, 30th July 2022.

Over 1,00,000 bookings registered in under 30 minutes, translating into an ex-showroom
value of $18,000 crores or USD 2.3 billion.

Does anyone have the contact details of the team that does market research at Tata Motors?

We should send a printed copy of this press release to them, since TaMo market research had said there is no real market demand of 4x4 or body on frame cars in general in our market. rl:
That team deserves a standing ovation & a 21 gun salute followed by 2 minute silence, given how the XUV700, THAR and ScoprioN are selling.

Also expecting to see nice experiences of some of the BHPers who participated in the process. Please don't hesitate to call out what you liked about the process, and what you did differently, if it worked well for you.

You may want to also call out what as per you would be a nice booking process that works well for you. Hope that it provides some valuable inputs to the car companies for shaping up future booking mechanisms.

Thanks!

The point now is - are people looking for redressal / some kind of corrective measures from Mahindra or have they accepted it as just another unethical (although legal) practice from an automaker whose products' demand has greatly surpassed its capacity to supply ?

Anand Mahindra has the image of a ethical business man (if there is one) but this time apart from admitting that there was a glitch (!) and the book timestamp will be considered, there is no further word from either Mr Mahindra or his company.

If the company had the data of the total number of scorpio N cars added to cart in it's system, then what was stopping it's IT cell from testing the payment gateway applying a proper buffer factor ? Either this whole thing was pre-calculated or its gross mishandling and in any case the customers were disappointed / frustrated.

But those who have vented their ire openly on social media, they have also accepted that they have booked their Scorpio N with whatever applicable pricing condition. So all in all it seems the winner is Mahindra scooping out 210 Cr on 30th July (if the 1 lakh figure is to be believed.)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sulliavi (Post 5369576)
Excellent observation and write up :thumbs up

Your post has greatly helped me on cancelling ScorpioN booking decision. It really doesn't serve my purpose as a daily driver.

I did not bother logging in today to auto.mahindra.com....

Am glad it helped, mate. I think this too would serve Mahindra's purpose. IMO, the Scropio-N is a good vehicle for it's price, for those who would use it's abilities and not just as a VFM city-highway car.

The Scoprio-N does not suit everyone's purpose. If it is bought by ones unlikely to be happy with it, it hurts both: us buyers, and also Mahindra. A bad word of mouth isn't good for any company, especially in the hyper-connected social media world.

@Mods: I thought this post might be better suited for the main review thread, but since the quoted post was here, have replied here. Please move it if appropriate. Thanks.

I also had started the booking process and reached to the level of placing my variant of interest till the cart level. Then i dropped out. My reason for doing this is that primarily my usage doesn't require BOF vehicle, nor 4*4. My interest was basically because of the Scorpio N presence, powerful engines and expected 5 star safety ratings but due to inherent disadvantages of BOF vehicle, another car with almost similar attributes, monocoque chasis and quicker delivery, I opted for Jeep Compass instead .I feel most of the people who were aiming for Scorpion N at introductory prices, are in the same boat and would do well to opt for another, more suitable vehicle instead.

Quote:

Originally Posted by npulyani (Post 5370308)
Hello Fellow Bhpians,
This has left me in a bitter experience. Although we too were late to get back, we were never told that they would close by 6.30 PM sharp and then SA as well as sales team leader not returning calls is not a good experience despite they taking down my number and I told them we're just around waiting for TD.:Frustrati

I have not had one good experience with Koncept Mahindra in Gurgaon. Mahindra dealerships here are bad. Their Sohna Road showroom is just 500m from my house and yet I booked at another dealership 7kms away!

I have no option to vote. My vote would be for "Booked via dealer but did not get introductory pricing". I got an email confirmation at 11:07 AM.

I had paid the dealer (Sireesh, Hosur Rd, Bengaluru) the advance (thru UPI) couple of days before. My SA told me, they booked around 300+ -N's on the booking day.

Got this reply via mail from Mahindara today.

I had this window on the payment page.

I want to buy the new ScorpioN but I am ready to wait as its better to wait for some time & then buy so that most of the initial niggles are sorted out. This specially applies to Tata, Mahindra. So in one years time, if they increase price by say 1 lakh, I am absolutely fine with it as I will get better car. Anyway Mahindra has launched this car at less than expected price, mainly to create hype in market.

Hope after 1 year, delivery time will be less. I am ok to wait like 6 months. If 1.5 - 2 years waiting, I will buy Harrier.