Team-BHP - What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/255014-what-happened-your-mahindra-scorpio-n-booking-17.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by acquillew (Post 5386253)
About the 20,000 number, I think Mahindra has announced about delivering 20,000 vehicles by December and not that they have ready stock of 20,000.

As per this post by TusharK in the other thread, the series production of Scorpio-N has indeed started in June 2022.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post5326892

Multiple other auto websites are carrying the same information. So it seems likely that the initially delivered cars might have been produced in June/July :unhappy

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDK (Post 5386308)
As per this post by TusharK in the other thread, the series production of Scorpio-N has indeed started in June 2022.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post5326892

Multiple other auto websites are carrying the same information. So it seems likely that the initially delivered cars might have been produced in June/July :unhappy

We will have to compromise somewhere. Wanting Introductory pricing + Festival delivery and also wanting Product after some revisions + Next year manufactured stock are mutually exclusive :)

I wish Mahindra had a Factory outlet where we could purchase what we want off the shelf as cars roll out of their factory!

I too got the email from M&M on Aug 22 at 8:04 PM for my Z4 4WD D MT Nepoli Black (introductory) and booking confirmation number for me is OTF23C so it’s certainly not the color. I am afraid if @MetalClank’s prediction is true, I am not getting the delivery anytime soon!

I called the dealership today to discussed about the email. I told the representative that the email says that the dealership will contact me. He gave me a blank response and said that he is not aware of anything on Scorpio N, suggested waiting.

Mahindra might have already manufactured vehicles post the initial numbers and finalised the actual details post 15th August. Even if they are manufactured now, it will take time for vehicles to reach stockyard, customers to make payments, register the vehicles only then the deliveries will start by 26 Sept which i think is the beginning of Navratri. Considering all these logistical dependencies, it is not at all wrong that July/ August manufactured vehicles are delivered in Sept.

On top of that if Mahindra puts the VIN number of recent date before loading the vehicle for shipment, who’s gonna know the real manufacturing date ?

Everyone planning to get a delivery of ScorpioN should tweet Mahindra asking them to ensure a painless delivery experience. Knowing how well Mahindra responds to genuine customer needs, they will surely instruct the dealerships to ensure each delivery becomes a memorable one for customers. I remember people who had booked Thar (?) were sent a box of chocolates or something for delayed delivery times?

I am very certain a large number of deliveries will be live on YouTube this time or get recorded, so Mahindra would not want to loose on this free publicity.

Quote:

Originally Posted by unpopulrxplorer (Post 5386864)

I called the dealership today to discussed about the email. I told the representative that the email says that the dealership will contact me. He gave me a blank response and said that he is not aware of anything on Scorpio N, suggested waiting.

Called a different guy at the dealership - Rewari, Haryana (he helped me with the TD) to get more details.
1. We don’t have any visibility. Mahindra will send you delivery date.
2. Delivery will start from 24 Sept.
3. We can expect the delivery date within 20 days.

One thing is sure that Dealers misused early booking access, they have blocked price protection with the fake bookings

Yesterday my colleague went to Mahindra Showroom at Sarjapur road and the person assisting in TD told that we can get you in 25K booking in you pay booking amount today

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asoon (Post 5387277)
One thing is sure that Dealers misused early booking access, they have blocked price protection with the fake bookings

Yesterday my colleague went to Mahindra Showroom at Sarjapur road and the person assisting in TD told that we can get you in 25K booking in you pay booking amount today

This is lame, unless the dealer also asked your colleague to pay some premium to be part of 25K. Otherwise, what does the dealership gain?

Quote:

Originally Posted by unpopulrxplorer (Post 5386864)
I am afraid if @MetalClank’s prediction is true, I am not getting the delivery anytime soon! .

I still don't know if my earlier interpretation of the OTF logic is true. It could also be something else, like the chronological sequence in which the dealerships received the KYCs from customers (since OTF => 'Order Taking Form'). If someone sent their KYC sooner, they got the earlier sequences OTF235, OTF236 etc and the bulk of KYCs got OTF23A and so on..

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetalClank (Post 5387318)
This is lame, unless the dealer also asked your colleague to pay some premium to be part of 25K. Otherwise, what does the dealership gain?

Am sure there will be the small thing around accesories that the dealer will force upon the buyer at time of delivery. Wait for the unpleasant surprise.:coldsweat

Quote:

Originally Posted by achyutaghosh (Post 5387702)
Am sure there will be the small thing around accesories that the dealer will force upon the byer at time of delivery. Wait for the unpleasant surprise.:coldsweat

Definitely possible! On a side note, saw this video on the chrome fittings for the ScorpioN .. they look like stickers :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtL1sh-WZAU

Quote:

Originally Posted by achyutaghosh (Post 5387702)
Am sure there will be the small thing around accesories that the dealer will force upon the buyer at time of delivery. Wait for the unpleasant surprise.:coldsweat

I got introductory price after the revision on 2nd August by Mahindra, but the booking was done via the Dealership. I am pretty sure the Dealership will add a list of "Mandatory" accessories to the on-road price.
I have told my SA that, I just need the quotation with Ex-showroom price (Price Protected), 5 years Road tax, TCS, Insurance and RSA.
Will consider accessories which I like and actually want. I do like the Seat covers available for the ScorpioN on m2all.com. Lets see, what happens on delivery when it actually happens.

But absolutely not interested in Chrome because I will surely look forward to dechromeing the ScorpioN.
Accessories are not mandatory right?
Can I bargain on the insurance as well? Although I will go for the Dealership insurance most likely if they give me a good deal.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetalClank (Post 5387690)
I still don't know if my earlier interpretation of the OTF logic is true. It could also be something else, like the chronological sequence in which the dealerships received the KYCs from customers (since OTF => 'Order Taking Form'). If someone sent their KYC sooner, they got the earlier sequences OTF235, OTF236 etc and the bulk of KYCs got OTF23A and so on..

Most of us still haven't sent our KYCs to the dealer. As per my SA, KYC will be taken once delivery date for my vehicle is around.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rodeoz (Post 5387776)
Most of us still haven't sent our KYCs to the dealer. As per my SA, KYC will be taken once delivery date for my vehicle is around.

Some tweet from Mahindra handle has assured everything should be settled and clarified by end of Aug. Another 4 days to go!

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetalClank (Post 5388006)
Some tweet from Mahindra handle has assured everything should be settled and clarified by end of Aug. Another 4 days to go!

Yes, I saw the tweet from Mahindra Customer Care where they were replying to a customer who had his booking within the first 25000, but had not received any information about delivery timelines. Mahindra's response: "thank you for your booking. We would like to inform you that the deliveries of Scorpio-N will start from 26th Sept’22. We will keep you informed through Mail / SMS on your tentative customer delivery month by end of Aug 2022. Regards, WithYouHamesha"; Attaching a screenshot for reference: