Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: What was your Scorpio-N booking outcome ?
Booked myself & got introductory pricing 44 21.26%
Booked myself but did not get the introductory pricing 46 22.22%
Booked via dealer & got introductory pricing 11 5.31%
Booked via dealer but did not get introductory pricing 34 16.43%
Fake booking by dealer without my consent 29 14.01%
Other – please describe in comment 43 20.77%
Voters: 207. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2022, 09:51   #226
SDK
BHPian

Re: What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalClank View Post
Was 4WD always available in all these variations since the booking started? I somehow dont remember so many 4WD variants when the online bookings started

Z4 D MT 4WD
Z8 D MT 4WD
Z8 D AT 4WD
Z8L D AT 4WD
You missed Z8L D MT 4WD. 4WD has been available in these 5 variants right from the initial launch.
SDK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2022, 14:28   #227
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDK View Post
You missed Z8L D MT 4WD. 4WD has been available in these 5 variants right from the initial launch.
What tires is the 4x4 AT getting? I am getting confusing pointers some say 17 inch and some saying 18 inch.
Old 22nd August 2022, 14:32   #228
BHPian

Quote:
What tires is the 4x4 AT getting? I am getting confusing pointers some say 17 inch and some saying 18 inch.
Z8 and Z8L 4X4 AT will get 18 inch alloys with 255/60 R18, Z8 4x4 MT will get 17 inch steel wheel with 245/65 R17 whereas Z8L 4x4 MT will get 17 inch alloys with 245/65 R17 tyres.
Z4 4X4 MT will get 17 inch steel wheels as well with 245/65 R17s.

As for the Tyre brand, I have seen MRF Wanderers All Season on the Scorpio-N Z8L P AT

Last edited by dr_TJ : 22nd August 2022 at 14:37.
dr_TJ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2022, 20:56   #229
BHPian

Update: I received an email from Mahindra and Mahindra an hour ago, quoting both the booking reference I'd (which we got during the booking process) and booking confirmation no. (With those OTF23xxxxx). It is mentioned that my dealership will be contacting me for next step: "Your Dealership will be in touch with you shortly for the next steps.".

I should have added the screenshot of the email received for the help of our members eagerly waiting for the next steps after securing the booking.

FYI: I did my booking online, location Gurgaon, dealership location is Gurgaon.

Further to clarify about dealership response: I called up my SA at about 2:30 pm after going through the discussion on Team-BHP. He replied it will be confirmed by next week.

I received this mail at 8 pm.
Attached Thumbnails
What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-screenshot_202208222112152.png  

What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-screenshot_202208222112343.png  

Last edited by RijuC : 22nd August 2022 at 21:21.
RijuC is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2022, 21:09   #230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post
Update: I received an email from Mahindra and Mahindra an hour ago, quoting both the booking reference I'd (which we got during the booking process) and booking confirmation no. (With those OTF23xxxxx). It is mentioned that my dealership will be contacting me for next step: "Your Dealership will be in touch with you shortly for the next steps.".
Where did you book your car? Is it city/dealership specific? Anyone from the same city can confirm.

Is Mahindra processing the bookings in batches? Many of us and their dealers are clueless about bookings and some are telling they are getting calls from dealers/mail from Mahindra.
rooster.ram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2022, 21:15   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post
I have received a similar email. I made my booking online.
acquillew is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2022, 22:33   #232
BHPian

I had made the booking with the Dealer and got a confirmation that will get the vehicle somewhere between Diwali & end of year. This was before seeing the Test Mule of 5 Door Thar, have now cancelled the booking. I'll be upgrading now from my current Thar to a 5 Door only.
swunkjyn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2022, 00:43   #233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by acquillew View Post
I have received a similar email. I made my booking online.
Me too. Excited to the core.

What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-screenshot_20220823003625_outlook.jpg
Incinerated is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2022, 08:47   #234
BANNED

I really appreciate the transparency and responsiveness of Mahindra. I don't think any manufacturer takes care of keeping their customers at the epicenter so much and keeping their customers "in control". Plus save them from the mischief dealerships may do. Not just "Price protection", Mahindra is truly providing "Mischief protection" for the honest customer!

Right from the launch dates, spec details, ample TD and display cars at all showrooms, tons of youtube reviews .... to the actual online booking and taking accountability for the 'Gateway 500' error fiasco, fixing the issue quickly with customers confirming they got intro pricing in a couple of days ... to now seeing constant updates from Mahindra (as soon as they see some confusion brewing in the crowd, they clarify and calm us all down).

Loving it!!!
MetalClank is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2022, 18:02   #235
BANNED

Since everyone is taking a stab at decoding the Booking Ref. Id, here is my spin on it :-)

As per this link, https://www.team-bhp.com/advice/find...facture-vin#p4, Mahindra has these meanings given to the 10th and 12th characters of the VIN.

10th VIN character is A, then it represents the Year - 2010
12th VIN character is G, then it represents the Month - July

What if the OTF23A or OTF236 stands for Financial Year 2023 (FY started in July for all companies) and Astands for Jan (of 2023), 6stands for June of 2022 (already manufactured vehicle stock, manufactured in June which is within the 20K vehicles they have already manufactured)

The 6th place in OTF23XXXXXXXX is either an alphabet or a number for folks, right? Mahindra may be trying to distinguish already manufactured stock Vs cars they are yet to manufacture in FY23.

Last edited by MetalClank : 23rd August 2022 at 18:04.
Old 23rd August 2022, 23:13   #236
BHPian

Quote:
Since everyone is taking a stab at decoding the Booking Ref. Id, here is my spin on it :-)

As per this link, https://www.team-bhp.com/advice/find...facture-vin#p4, Mahindra has these meanings given to the 10th and 12th characters of the VIN.

10th VIN character is A, then it represents the Year - 2010
12th VIN character is G, then it represents the Month - July

What if the OTF23A or OTF236 stands for Financial Year 2023 (FY started in July for all companies) and Astands for Jan (of 2023), 6stands for June of 2022 (already manufactured vehicle stock, manufactured in June which is within the 20K vehicles they have already manufactured)

The 6th place in OTF23XXXXXXXX is either an alphabet or a number for folks, right? Mahindra may be trying to distinguish already manufactured stock Vs cars they are yet to manufacture in FY23.
If Mahindra is going to deliver vehicles manufactured in June 22 in September 22 i. e. 3 months old, then noone is going to accept. There will be big outcry against such deliveries which Mahindra won't want too. If they had stock built up in June, then they should have started delivering by now.

Last edited by rooster.ram : 23rd August 2022 at 23:28.
Old 24th August 2022, 06:29   #237
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster.ram View Post
If Mahindra is going to deliver vehicles manufactured in June 22 in September 22 i. e. 3 months old, then noone is going to accept. There will be big outcry against such deliveries which Mahindra won't want too. If they had stock built up in June, then they should have started delivering by now.
While my reverse engineering of the Booking Ref Id may be wrong, Mahindra has been public about the fact that they do have about 20K vehicles ready for dispatch (this was in their announcements). With 6K/month manufacturing capacity for ScorpioN, the math adds up to a 3-4 month lead time they needed to build that level of stock to start delivering by Sep end. Also, they obviously had to wait for the launch, test drive cars to be made available, bookings to open among many things. So I don't think getting a 3 month old ScorpioN is unrealistic. Infact, I think that's what will happen for those who will get deliveries in Sep-Dec.
Old 24th August 2022, 07:43   #238
BHPian

Quote:
While my reverse engineering of the Booking Ref Id may be wrong, Mahindra has been public about the fact that they do have about 20K vehicles ready for dispatch (this was in their announcements). With 6K/month manufacturing capacity for ScorpioN, the math adds up to a 3-4 month lead time they needed to build that level of stock to start delivering by Sep end. Also, they obviously had to wait for the launch, test drive cars to be made available, bookings to open among many things. So I don't think getting a 3 month old ScorpioN is unrealistic. Infact, I think that's what will happen for those who will get deliveries in Sep-Dec.
Yes, Mahindra here has an upper hand and I just hoped that they should not do it. But still no one was stopping them from delivering in August if they had inventory especially when test drives have started way back in July. Yes they managed to attract attention by saying they are building up inventory. But I still hope it was only for the raw material/ semiconductor etc and not exactly the vehicle itself.

Apart from that if they are building 6000 vehicles a month, keeping three months inventory and that too in Maharashtra's torrential rains is not practical. If they are doing so, then customers are bound to complain about cars being delivered with already rusty surfaces on a new car.
In such a case, religious PDI is mandatory.

Also, I believe the manufacturing of pre-production cars for use in Media Drives (Mahindra have been telling about media cars being pre production versions) and later put to use for test drives was done in June 2022, these cars were shipped to the dealership only a day or two before actual unveiling on 27 June.
Old 24th August 2022, 07:48   #239
BHPian

Quote:
About the 20,000 number, I think Mahindra has announced about delivering 20,000 vehicles by December and not that they have ready stock of 20,000.
Old 24th August 2022, 08:31   #240
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by acquillew View Post
About the 20,000 number, I think Mahindra has announced about delivering 20,000 vehicles by December and not that they have ready stock of 20,000.
I stand corrected then! If Mahindra is going to start producing new vehicles only after they get booking orders, then we have a looooong wait my friends. Only ~6k lucky customers will get their stings delivered every month till Dec

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks