Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: What was your Scorpio-N booking outcome ?
Booked myself & got introductory pricing 44 21.26%
Booked myself but did not get the introductory pricing 46 22.22%
Booked via dealer & got introductory pricing 11 5.31%
Booked via dealer but did not get introductory pricing 34 16.43%
Fake booking by dealer without my consent 29 14.01%
Other – please describe in comment 43 20.77%
Voters: 207. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2022, 17:00   #211
BHPian

Re: What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_TJ View Post
Yes, its now been updated to Order confirmed, Booking Date and ID. No SA name or Ex-showroom price at zero.

My childish decoding of the Booking ID. OTF23A is referring to the year? OTF for Out of The Factory, 23A like 2023 January, And the number is the serial number?
Possible?
OTF stands for Order Taking Form (No.).

A similar system was used in the XUV 700 bookings. I think the "A", "B", "C" etc (after 22 or 23) could be the order of preference / sequence of the batches.

Nevertheless, we should receive information about delivery timelines very soon.

What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-20220821_165754.png

If you notice carefully, the list of 26th September 2022 as the date for "commencement of deliveries" has been removed!
Incinerated is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2022, 17:35   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incinerated View Post

A similar system was used in the XUV 700 bookings. I think the "A", "B", "C" etc (after 22 or 23) could be the order of preference / sequence of the batches.

Nevertheless, we should receive information about delivery timelines very soon.

Attachment 2349100

If you notice carefully, the list of 26th September 2022 as the date for "commencement of deliveries" has been removed!
Yes, 26th September date is removed. How many cars are planned in a single batch?

Anyways, we just need to wait now. Mahindra will update on a tentative date soon I guess.
23A series bookings will be delivered in September October I suppose.

Last edited by dr_TJ : 21st August 2022 at 17:40.
dr_TJ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2022, 17:43   #213
SDK
BHPian

Quote:
As far as I remember it was always mentioned as Festive season. Don't remember seeing 26th September being mentioned on the timeline page.
Old 21st August 2022, 18:03   #214
BHPian

Quote:

A, B, C, D could not be the preference/sequence. I have 2 bookings - one within 25K has a D and the other with A was outside the 25K limit. Mahindra has mastered the art of building anxiety for customers and let’s see how long they will be able to do this
Old 21st August 2022, 18:14   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atluri_rkc View Post
A, B, C, D could not be the preference/sequence. I have 2 bookings - one within 25K has a D and the other with A was outside the 25K limit. Mahindra has mastered the art of building anxiety for customers and let’s see how long they will be able to do this
The only option we have is to wait and watch. Let the Dealership contact and provide us a tentative delivery date.
dr_TJ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2022, 19:04   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDK View Post
Even my booking Id starts with OTF23xxxxxxx. So most probably its just a running number. My XUV700 booking done in March has booking id OTF22xxxxxxx.
By this, logically it seems 22 and 23 depict the FY the car is booked in. March was in FY22, while all the Scorpio N bookings are in FY23.
Also, it seems the last six digits indeed depict some kind of sequence though it may not be followed for delivering due to prioritized variants and all.
Anyone with dealer booking can confirm if the alphabets are same as for online booking. It seems everyone booking online has got OTF23 as starting. My booking is not showing any SA being allocated but dealership is shown correctly.

Last edited by rooster.ram : 21st August 2022 at 19:27.
Old 21st August 2022, 19:40   #217
BHPian

Alphabet after OTF23 is the dealer code.

My XUV7OO is OTF23D, even ScorpioN is same. There is difference of 100 between the numbers after OTF23D. So even the number does not dictate any sequencing as my XUV700 expected date of delivery is July 2024.

So let us all stop contemplating and let some substantial information come in from Mahindra.
SportsMedicine is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st August 2022, 20:16   #218
BHPian

And the booking.mahindra.com portal is back up. You can make fresh Scorpio N bookings and also check your previous bookings.
Old 21st August 2022, 21:08   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDK View Post
As far as I remember it was always mentioned as Festive season. Don't remember seeing 26th September being mentioned on the timeline page.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_TJ View Post
Yes, 26th September date is removed.
Quote:

Apparently the date of starting deliveries wasn't mentioned earlier too. It was only the verbal assurance through M&M Management. Refer post for old screenshots. I am too eager to own a Scorpio N. Also, have a planned road trip (approx 3000 KM) in October (Diwali Holidays) and want to know if I can have a new car or I may get a chance to have another amazing road trip with my Duster.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5351268 (Mahindra Scorpio-N Review)

Last edited by rooster.ram : 21st August 2022 at 21:12. Reason: added details.
rooster.ram is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2022, 21:44   #220
BHPian

I think the last digits may be a reflection of bookings made for a particular variant in that colour.

I have one booking as Introductory, Deep Forest Z8 D AT - Booking digits as - OTF23A001xxx.

The other non-introductory booking, Napoli Black Z8 D AT - Booking digits as - OTF23A0003xx.

First 6 digits are same, variant is same.
But, dealers are different, colour is different.

So, clearly my non-introductory booking has lower booking number, which is not possible, unless there is some other logic for booking number (like variant + colour).

Possibly, Z8 D AT has more booking in Deep Forest than Napoli Black in same variant.
The excitement of owning a ScorpioN is now going insane.

I think I am loosing my mind, otherwise who does that with a booking ID.

Last edited by Indepth : 21st August 2022 at 21:45. Reason: Spacing
Indepth is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st August 2022, 22:19   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster.ram View Post
Apparently the date of starting deliveries wasn't mentioned earlier too. It was only the verbal assurance through M&M Management. Refer post for old screenshots. I am too eager to own a Scorpio N. Also, have a planned road trip (approx 3000 KM) in October (Diwali Holidays) and want to know if I can have a new car or I may get a chance to have another amazing road trip with my Duster.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5351268 (Mahindra Scorpio-N Review)
I'm 100% sure ... I've seen it in the timeline image that was displayed on the booking login page. The date 26th September 2022 was clearly written, which is now removed. No screenshot taken, but I'll try to search for it.
Incinerated is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2022, 23:00   #222
BHPian

Quote:
I'm 100% sure ... I've seen it in the timeline image that was displayed on the booking login page. The date 26th September 2022 was clearly written, which is now removed. No screenshot taken, but I'll try to search for it.
You are correct. It was mentioned in the timeline image for a brief period.
rodeoz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2022, 23:45   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Deliveries starting from 26th September was mentioned in M&M's press release. Here's the screenshot of relevant excerpt.
What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-pressrelease.jpeg

My take on OTF23Axxxxxx is that the numeric digits after OTF23A are linked with booking number of a particular color. Reason being, my friend and I booked (or rather pressed the booking button) at exactly 11am on 30th July, same color, same dealer but different variant. We both got introductory pricing (communicated after a couple of days by M&M). One of us got OTF23A0003xx and the other got OTF23A0004xx as booking reference number. Hence, I am deriving from this is that first 5 alphanumeric digits are constant for all variants and all colors, next digit is some segmentation (more like dealer category, for example: A/B/C/D for Mahindra Owned/Tier 1-2-3, Region etc.) followed by booking number sequence of that particular color. Lets see what others have to say on this.
TSIched'Out is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2022, 01:00   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSIched'Out View Post
My take on OTF23Axxxxxx is that the numeric digits after OTF23A are linked with booking number of a particular color.
This is less likely as I mentioned in my earlier post that I have a Napoli black booking with Reference Id OTF23A0003XX. The button was pressed at 11:18.This is a non introductory booking.

So, it is not possible that only 300 odd Napoli Black across all variants were booked in first 25000, since Napoli black is a popular colour.

Variant+colour however is still likely.
Old 22nd August 2022, 06:52   #225
BANNED

Was 4WD always available in all these variations since the booking started? I somehow dont remember so many 4WD variants when the online bookings started

Z4 D MT 4WD
Z8 D MT 4WD
Z8 D AT 4WD
Z8L D AT 4WD

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks