Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: What was your Scorpio-N booking outcome ?
Booked myself & got introductory pricing 44 21.26%
Booked myself but did not get the introductory pricing 46 22.22%
Booked via dealer & got introductory pricing 11 5.31%
Booked via dealer but did not get introductory pricing 34 16.43%
Fake booking by dealer without my consent 29 14.01%
Other – please describe in comment 43 20.77%
Voters: 207. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2022, 20:51   #196
BANNED

Re: What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by krinpit View Post
Update:

I received an email from the Dealership today evening confirming introductory prices and asking for phone number ? Though, no mention of variant.

VVC Motors, Kondapur, Hyderabad
Did you book online on your own and selected VVC?
Old 16th August 2022, 21:27   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalClank View Post
Did you book online on your own and selected VVC?
Yes, But no additional information available at dealership on delivery timelines. In fact, they are asking me to inform them as soon as i get any info from M&M.
Old 17th August 2022, 01:16   #198
BHPian

I am amongst lucky few of 25000 !!

But I have a problem now !!
I am not in India right now, will only be available end December or January. I don't know (ofcourse) that I am the 1st or the 25000st among the 25000.

So, can I defer my delivery somehow to January and still reserving my Introductory price?

I have booked Z8 Diesel AT, so there is hope considering that Z8L will be prioritised (though how much priority, not clear).

Classic case of an unwanted situation, while booking I wanted to be first, now I wish I am last.
Old 17th August 2022, 11:47   #199
BHPian

So I received a message from Mahindra today:

"Hi, Thank you for your interest in the Big Daddy of SUVs. Your journey to bigger and bolder adventures begins today. SO** RAM** SHAH (8401******) from PUNJAB AUTOMOBILES (INDIA) PVT. LTD will reach out to you with all relevant updates on the launch. Team Mahindra."

Few minutes after the message, I called the SA and he instantly took all KYC documents over WhatsApp and said he will make an 'entry' in the system. They still don't have a list of customers who booked online and are in the first 25000.
Old 21st August 2022, 06:54   #200
BANNED

As of today morning, the https://booking.mahindra.com/ site shows "Bookings Closed"!!

Cannot see the booking status also anymore
Attached Thumbnails
What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-scorpionbookingsclosed_21aug2022_2.jpg  

Last edited by MetalClank : 21st August 2022 at 06:55.
Old 21st August 2022, 07:35   #201
SDK
BHPian

Quote:
As of today morning, the https://booking.mahindra.com/ site shows "Bookings Closed"!!

The Scorpio-N booking tracker has been merged with the XUV700 one.
https://auto.mahindra.com/myaccount/view-all-bookings

Now I can see SA details as well as the Booking Id. But no delivery timelines yet.
The ex-showroom price is shown as Rs. 0 (same for my XUV700 booking as well) and no mention anymore of this being booked at 'Introductory Price'.

Last edited by SDK : 21st August 2022 at 07:48.
Old 21st August 2022, 07:42   #202
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDK View Post
The Scorpio-N booking tracker has been merged with the XUV700 one.
https://auto.mahindra.com/myaccount/view-all-bookings

Now I can see SA details as well as the Booking Id. But no delivery timelines yet.
I was hoping they allowed to add accessories right here just like XUV700, but dont see the option yet.
Old 21st August 2022, 08:46   #203
BHPian

Quote:

Yes, I was shocked to see that too. I believe Mahindra is managing the bookings much better than the XUV 700 fiasco, or so it seems.

Lets see what the future holds for the deliveries of Scorpio-N. I'm sure I'm not the only one who checks the booking / delivery status almost everyday.
Incinerated is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2022, 09:07   #204
BHPian

Quote:
The ex-showroom price is shown as Rs. 0 (same for my XUV700 booking as well) and no mention anymore of this being booked at 'Introductory Price'.
Thanks for the link.
My Booking ID has my District code of Assam i.e 23. Is it the same for you as well or its just a co-incidence.

Still waiting for the delivery timeline.
Old 21st August 2022, 09:50   #205
SDK
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_TJ View Post
Thanks for the link.
My Booking ID has my District code of Assam i.e 23. Is it the same for you as well or its just a co-incidence.
Even my booking Id starts with OTF23xxxxxxx. So most probably its just a running number. My XUV700 booking done in March has booking id OTF22xxxxxxx.

Also looks like Mahindra has goofed up on the SA details. I booked with Automotive Kukatpally, Hyderabad while the assigned SA is from SriDurga Automobiles Najafgarh, Delhi

Customer care was not able to clarify this. They asked to wait for a few days and check again.

Last edited by SDK : 21st August 2022 at 09:59.
SDK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2022, 09:59   #206
BHPian

Quote:
Even my booking Id starts with OTF23xxxxxxx. So most probably its just a running number. My XUV700 booking done in March has booking id OTF22xxxxxxx.
Haha, my bad then.
So hopefully the number after OTF23 is the serial number
Because mine is a 3 digit number. But since mine is a Z4 D AT, Won't be a October delivery I suppose.

Same here with the SA, my SA name mentioned in the website is different from the one, who is dealing with my booking

Last edited by dr_TJ : 21st August 2022 at 10:04.
Old 21st August 2022, 11:42   #207
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Great to see M&M is finally being sensible about the number of bookings taken versus the capacity to deliver. The XUV 700 fiasco where delivery timelines stretched to over 2 years ultimately became a net liability for the company, as many prospects that I know dismissed the XV as "great vehicle, but I want it for myself not booking one so my children can get the allotment when they grow up"

Closing the bookings for ScorpioN is a good thing. However, the company has been very cagey about disclosing the total number of bookings it received. I have not seen a single press release after day 1, whereas for the XUV700 we saw periodic updates whenever the booking numbers crossed 75K, 100K etc. My guess is, the final number of genuine bookings is way less than the 1 lakh proclaimed on the day bookings started. Most people on this forum have got introductory pricing. My guess is M&M have probably received between 25K and 50K genuine bookings, which in itself is anywhere between 5-10 months of production capacity. The launch price as significantly less attractive than that of the XUV700 especially for the higher variants, and the ScorpioN is a less practical car for the majority of the urban buyers who would prefer a similarly priced XUV 700.
84.monsoon is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2022, 13:33   #208
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_TJ View Post
Same here with the SA, my SA name mentioned in the website is different from the one, who is dealing with my booking
The ex showroom price and the anonymous name of the SA is no longer seen when we check the booking status. Only the information that "Order Confirmed" is shown now. Maybe Mahindra tech team was doing a release on the weekend
Old 21st August 2022, 14:34   #209
BHPian

Quote:
The ex showroom price and the anonymous name of the SA is no longer seen when we check the booking status. Only the information that "Order Confirmed" is shown now. Maybe Mahindra tech team was doing a release on the weekend
Same for me. I only see an "Order Confirmed". No SA details. But I had an SA pre-assigned from the dealership.
Old 21st August 2022, 16:12   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, its now been updated to Order confirmed, Booking Date and ID. No SA name or Ex-showroom price at zero.

My childish decoding of the Booking ID. OTF23A is referring to the year? OTF for Out of The Factory, 23A like 2023 January, And the number is the serial number?
Possible?

Last edited by dr_TJ : 21st August 2022 at 16:16.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks