Team-BHP - What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/255014-what-happened-your-mahindra-scorpio-n-booking-11.html)

It would have been even better if the 4X4 came with 2nd row captain seats :-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunilsoft (Post 5372402)
I have received an email from Mahindra regarding introductory pricing being applicable. .

The email I recieved has different content. Though it says 'introductory price', the content doesn't say I am part of first 25k bookings. Looks like there will be a long wait for sure.

To me it appears that your mail has been generated after completing the booking, whereas the other images that have 'you are part of first 25000' have been sent before the booking was completed, inviting them to complete the booking.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HTC (Post 5372493)
The email I recieved has different content. Though it says 'introductory price', the content doesn't say I am part of first 25k bookings. Looks like there will be a long wait for sure.

I don't see where it says Introductory price.in your case. I got an email that looks different, and states in the headline that I got introductory price.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajayc123 (Post 5372506)
To me it appears that your mail has been generated after completing the booking, whereas the other images that have 'you are part of first 25000' have been sent before the booking was completed, inviting them to complete the booking.

Could be the case. Thanks for the insight.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 84.monsoon (Post 5372520)
I don't see where it says Introductory price.in your case. I got an email that looks different, and states in the headline that I got introductory price.

Attaching the email part which says 'introductory price'.
I have a strong feeling that the dealer bookings will get priority in delivery timelimes. Let's see how it unfolds.

No matter what, there is no other car manufacturer who is invested in true capable SUV's at affordable pricing like Mahindra is. They may not be the best in quality, or service nor bling, but atleast there is honestly in their effortsy. My respect to them where it is deserved.

With the way things are progressing in this thread, I feel first 25000 bookings are made by Teambhpians itself.:)
Congratulations for those who are part of introductory prices.

In the world where prices are jacked up every week, this seems to be a great gesture from Mahindra for being less opportunistic.

Hope the product creates a similar cult like the old Scorpio.

I booked through a dealer. I got a first email saying "Price at time of delivery" and then I got this as the second email.

What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-screen-shot-20220803-1.46.40-pm.png

The dealer also tells me that they expect the first lot on September 26th

I too received the same mail on booking. The booking details show "Introductory price" , but mail heading shows "BIG DADDY OF SUVs WELCOMES YOU"

I think the heading with Introductory price is for those whose booking has changed from "Price on Delivery" to "Introductory Price"

But I got a mail now that I am a part of first 25000 bookings and am eligible for introductory price and should make payment and book my vehicle before 11 pm 6th August.

I feel this must be a default mail to all first 25000 eligible buyers irrespective of whether they have booked or not.

So the dealer is also giving me the introductory pricing and even in the cart I am getting the same price. I was able to add the Z8 4WD AT successfully onto the cart.

I believe that they do have an allotment system, where-in region wise segregation is there. Which makes sure that every region gets a bare minimum count.

Following are few details related to Leasing: (to get the call from Mahindra Support you need to go to your booking page and click on the icon highlighting the finance option. It will show a message that someone from Mahindra Finance will contact you shortly)

Lease is by https://www.quiklyz.com. It will be in your name-white number plate - hypothecated to quicklz / Mahindra

Lease amount based on 4 factors: 1: Variant chosen 2: Period (2/3/4 years) 3: Annual kms. (10000/15000 /20000 kms.) 4: Don't remember the 4th:)

Coverage: 1: Insurance 2: 24/7 RSA 3: Scheduled Maintenance 4: Un-scheduled Maintenance

End of period : Can Buy back or Sell. Was mentioning something like if Sell price is greater than buy back price or something, the amount will be re-funded. Not sure if i understood it properly.

Right now they do not know the exact lease rent as they are yet to get the figures themselves. It will be done in 4 -5 working days.

Old news: As for loan,the interest rate starts at 6.99% and upto 7 years. 100% OTR i think + Accessories covered.

Appreciation: Guys were polite, listened patiently and responded professionally. Same cannot be told about all their showrooms.Few were good !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ram78 (Post 5372754)
Following are few details related to Leasing: (to get the call from Mahindra Support you need to go to your booking page and click on the icon highlighting the finance option. It will show a message that someone from Mahindra Finance will contact you shortly)

For Company Leasing (lease from your employer), I checked with Mahindra Customer care how would the price protected booking on personal name can be converted into Company (Employer) lease and if this is allowed or not? I got a loosy goosy answer from Customer Care as below.

I am sure a lot of the XUV 700 owners who did their booking on their personal name with price protection would have taken car on Company/Employer lease subsequently at the time of delivery. Can folks who did this shed some light please?

Reply from Mahindra Customer Care:

Dear Sir, Thank you for booking Mahindra Scorpio-N! This is in reference to your trailing email, that post booking this data cannot change. Kindly contact your dealership regarding this request. Thanks & Regards, Customer Care-Automotive Division

Quote:

Originally Posted by HTC (Post 5372493)

You can visit https://booking.mahindra.com/ and if your booking details mention Introductory Price then you are part of 25000 bookings otherwise the email should have mentioned the same.

The dealer's booked booking has been converted to an introductory price . I have got the confirmation in the mail.
When I contacted SA to check if changes are possible or not, as we have time till the 15th, he indicated that it would be difficult for him to ask the backend team to change.

I also have Z6 AT in my cart with an introductory price(different account) as I tried only once at 11 AM and did not book after my first failure.
I am thinking of booking from here too and changing the variant and color later as we still have some days left.

The question now is, will Mahindra charge any cancellation fee in case I cancel my online booking ?

The dealership told me that there would be a 10 % penalty if I cancelled the booking (done by them ).

Surprise! I tried booking Scorpio n with introductionary price but my payment failed. However I went ahead and booked it without introductionary price. But a day back I received an email from Mahindra that my booking was done amongst the first 25000 bookings. With a very big smile on my face I am wondering how did this happen! :Cheering:

Quote:

Originally Posted by shyamk (Post 5372570)
I booked through a dealer. I got a first email saying "Price at time of delivery" and then I got this as the second email.

Attachment 2341653

The dealer also tells me that they expect the first lot on September 26th

Same thing here. I got a call from the dealership confirming my booking yesterday, and then today morning, I saw a post on Rushlane: "2022 Mahindra Scorpio Booking Updated To Introductory Prices". I immediately checked my phone and saw the mail and SMS about introductory pricing. I've booked the Z4 AT D, so I am not expecting a quick delivery. I guess they'll send another mail/SMS about the expected time of delivery once they've sorted it out. :thumbs up