Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: What was your Scorpio-N booking outcome ?
Booked myself & got introductory pricing 44 21.26%
Booked myself but did not get the introductory pricing 46 22.22%
Booked via dealer & got introductory pricing 11 5.31%
Booked via dealer but did not get introductory pricing 34 16.43%
Fake booking by dealer without my consent 29 14.01%
Other – please describe in comment 43 20.77%
Voters: 207. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2022, 16:56   #136
BHPian

Re: What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_abarth View Post
Received a call few minutes ago from a soft spoken gentlemen who introduced himself has Customer Relations Manager from Mahindra Head office. Told me as per the time stamp I fall under the first 25 K bookings and asked me to go ahead and complete the booking by 6th Aug 11 am.
I don't understand - if they have received 1 lakh booking's already, and several people with timestamps have not yet booked, how many are getting the introductory prices and what is the total number of bookings?

I think they have figured out by now that of the 1 lakh bookings, many are XUV700 and Thar bookings being changes to a Scorpio. And many are bookings done by dealers that might not convert into purchases.
Old 3rd August 2022, 17:05   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalClank View Post
Congrats! What amount did you pay using your Amex? The 21K booking amount?
Yup the 21K booking amount.
Abhi_abarth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2022, 17:06   #138

I logged in promptly at 10:55 AM on July 30th and am sure clicked the book now button within 5 seconds of opening up (by 11:00:05 AM). Went to the payment page and then could not proceed for the next 10 minutes, through multiple iterations. Gave up and logged in back 2 hours later and completed the booking by paying through card. It showed me "Price applicable at the time of delivery". After reading this thread went back to check my status and to my surprise, I see the status changed to "Introductory Price". I opted for the Z8L 4x4 variant, but not sure that would have made any difference. BTW, I never mentioned this on any forum or website regarding this prior to this post.
vishalbhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2022, 17:55   #139
BHPian

Received a call from Mahindra customer care today. per their records, I had initiated the booking transaction within the first 25K bookings and they asked me to go ahead and book before 6\Aug if I was still interested (I tried booking for 30-40 mins on launch, but the payment gateway did not work and then I gave up). I made the payment today and the booking acknowledgement says "introductory price"...

Last edited by bblost : 3rd August 2022 at 19:10. Reason: Fixed capitalization.
ukoul is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2022, 18:52   #140
BHPian

Guys,

Did anyone else get an email from Mahindra that they are amongst the first 25k bookings and the introductory pricing will hold for them?

I got an email asking me to complete the payment till the 6th. If this is true, the bad feedback has started reaching the HQ.

A very welcome step and gives me a couple of reasons to proceed with the booking.
Attached Thumbnails
What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-screenshot_20220803185049_gallery.jpg  

Last edited by model-t : 3rd August 2022 at 19:04. Reason: Date correction
model-t is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2022, 18:55   #141

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

Mahindra has started mailing regarding introductory pricing applicable to customers who tried booking at 11:00 AM exactly. Also if you have already completed payment check your booking again by logging in to see if price applicable has changed to ‘Introductory Price’ for you.
Attached Thumbnails
What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-e6f767cc4f7b49a6b26dadaade67d45d.jpeg  

sachit0901 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2022, 19:05   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by model-t View Post
Guys,

Did anyone else get an email from Mahindra that they are amongst the first 25k bookings and the introductory pricing will hold for them?

I got an email asking me to complete the payment till the 6th. If this is true, the bad feedback has started reaching the HQ.

A very welcome step and gives me a couple of reasons to proceed with the booking.

I got the same email and call from Mahindra customer care . I have made the payment and confirmed with dealer that I am actually under 25000.

You can confirm for sure
Old 3rd August 2022, 19:18   #143
BHPian

My booking (failed at 11:00, completed at 11:14) was converted to 'introductory.'

My wife's booking (which was going through at 11:00 but alas failed on a refresh) was never completed - got a call from M&M support asking me if I have received the voucher - and when I logged in, the website says that introductory pricing applies and that I should book!

No emails to this effect yet.

Strange - wonder how so many can be 'within the 1st 25k'.

I've considered the Z6 AT D at 17L as opposed to my price-locked AX5 MT D at 15.7L
Any suggestions
Old 3rd August 2022, 19:25   #144
BHPian

Got this mail sometime back.
Confirming booking in first 25k.

Waiting for next steps now.
Attached Thumbnails
What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-screenshot_20220803194054.png  

Old 3rd August 2022, 19:26   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by model-t View Post
Guys,

By payment does it mean the booking amount of 21k ?
Old 3rd August 2022, 19:27   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnsood View Post
I got the same email and call from Mahindra customer care . I have made the payment and confirmed with dealer that I am actually under 25000.

You can confirm for sure
Just completed my booking and it shows that Introductory pricing will be valid. I picked up the Z8 4X4. I so much wanted to stretch to Z8L 4X4 for the powered seats but the change of Road tax on cars above 20 Lacs in Haryana and the weird allocation of smaller alloys on the top spec Manual made me come back to senses.
model-t is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2022, 19:31   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooka View Post
My booking (failed at 11:00, completed at 11:14) was converted to 'introductory.'

My wife's booking (which was going through at 11:00 but alas failed on a refresh) was never completed - got a call from M&M support asking me if I have received the voucher - and when I logged in, the website says that introductory pricing applies and that I should book!

No emails to this effect yet.

Strange - wonder how so many can be 'within the 1st 25k'.

I've considered the Z6 AT D at 17L as opposed to my price-locked AX5 MT D at 15.7L
Any suggestions
According to me the delivery date should be the deciding factor. If your 7OO is still far from actual delivery, I would stick to the Scorpio N.

Infact Z6 is more having more features than 7OO AX5 but then 7OO is something that has its own unique value proposition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaur View Post
Got this mail sometime back.
Confirming booking in first 25k.

Waiting for next steps now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnsood View Post

You can confirm for sure

Even I got the same email so hoping for early delivery with in this year itself.
geekyengineer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2022, 19:35   #148
BHPian

Update:
Just received an email from Mahindra and Mahindra about the confirmation for the Introductory price for my booking of Scorpio N.

Please check for your profile for booking status and your mailbox for such confirmation mail from Mahindra and Mahindra.
Attached Thumbnails
What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-screenshot_202208031933133.png  

Last edited by RijuC : 3rd August 2022 at 19:38.
RijuC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2022, 19:55   #149
BHPian

I have received an email from Mahindra regarding introductory pricing being applicable. So I Went ahead and booked the Mahindra Scorpio. Seriously I wasn't expecting this from Mahindra. Kudos to them.
Attached Thumbnails
What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-5b70226cc4a540779b1b36f8edc707bf.jpeg  

What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-e417c729af1d4a8e8dad2a90d43cb9e9.jpeg  

sunilsoft is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2022, 21:31   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilsoft View Post
I have received an email from Mahindra regarding introductory pricing being applicable. So I Went ahead and booked the Mahindra Scorpio. Seriously I wasn't expecting this from Mahindra. Kudos to them.
Great to see all these messages. Now I am convinced that Mahindra went with timestamp when the book button was clicked and that is how they got 25K bookings in a minute or so. I know there are divergent views on this. However, I doubt if Mahindra will go ahead and give introductory price to 10-15K more people which will translate to 100 crore of revenue at least.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks