Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2022, 13:38   #1
Senior - BHPian

Nissan India achieves exports of 10 lakh vehicles

Nissan has achieved a new milestone of exporting 10 lakh vehicles from India.

Nissan India achieves exports of 10 lakh vehicles-image-3-4.jpg

Nissan vehicles produced at the brand’s manufacturing plant in Chennai are exported to 108 countries including New Zealand, Australia and countries in Europe, Latin America, South-East Asia, the Middle East, SAARC countries, Sub Sahara and Africa.

Nissan India achieves exports of 10 lakh vehicles-image-2-11.jpg

Nissan India began export operations in September 2010. Since then, the company has invested US$ 1.5 billion in the country, creating employment for over 40,000 workers.

Nissan India achieves exports of 10 lakh vehicles-image-1-13.jpg

The Nissan Magnite is said to be one of the key models exported from India. The company has accelerated operations to cater to the surging demand for the crossover in the Indian and overseas markets.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 29th July 2022 at 13:40.
TusharK is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 29th July 2022, 14:34   #2
BHPian

Re: Nissan India achieves exports of 10 lakh vehicles

Would it be true that nissan has exported more cars out of India than it has sold here ? Then it would show well to Nissans manufacturing and poorly to our taxation.
Turbolove is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 29th July 2022, 16:21   #3
BANNED

Great for Nissan! at least their export business is doing well. with Nissan having just 2 mass-market cars in its portfolio nowadays in India, the Magnite is the major contributor to domestic sales. The Kicks barely sells. They need something to replace the Kicks that can give Nissan a fighting chance in the SUV space, maybe a facelift could do that. a 2-product portfolio is nothing to write home about and if Magnite's sales dwindle, Nissan could be out of business in no time.
Old 29th July 2022, 16:39   #4
BHPian

Wait what? Nissan is still in operation in India?
As a Nissan owner fed up of arrogance fuelled by monopoly dealership, I am shocked to say the least. I really wish they also paid attention to the Indian market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbolove View Post
Then it would show well to Nissans manufacturing and poorly to our taxation.
How come same taxation works for other manufacturers?
RedTerrano is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th July 2022, 17:02   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTerrano View Post
How come same taxation works for other manufacturers?
Alot of other manufacturers do have better cars than Nissan. I wasn't comparing them. I was just pointing out that the same car made by Nissan might be selling well in the countries they are exporting it to and isn't doing so well here. Reason for not doing well here are definitely not just taxation, many more too.
Old 29th July 2022, 21:08   #6
BHPian

This (export, baby , export) is the same trap that Ford India fell into. For Nissan corporate, it would be cheaper to manufacture in Thailand for export. The cost structures are better and the transit times are not much different.

Nissan India was set up to crack the Indian market. That is where they should focus. I understand exports give some solution to all the idle capacity. But at the end of the day, this export success story is both (i) nothing but intra-company transfer and (ii) reflection of failure, not a reflection of success.

Its a contrarian view, I know.
Contrapunto is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th July 2022, 22:08   #7
BHPian

"Exports million car to the world". What ever made them use "car" in its singular form? I guess they were too busy to check for English grammar. Looking at all the execs behind the banner, I am questioning my own understanding of English grammar, I had to read it a few times.

Last edited by GutsyGibbon : 29th July 2022 at 22:10.
GutsyGibbon is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th July 2022, 22:50   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by GutsyGibbon View Post
"Exports million car to the world". What ever made them use "car" in its singular form? I guess they were too busy to check for English grammar. Looking at all the execs behind the banner, I am questioning my own understanding of English grammar, I had to read it a few times.
I bet they were going for “exports millionth car” but forgot the ‘th’ after the 1000000
danny_d is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th July 2022, 13:07   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contrapunto View Post
This (export, baby , export) is the same trap that Ford India fell into. For Nissan corporate, it would be cheaper to manufacture in Thailand for export. The cost structures are better and the transit times are not much different.

Nissan India was set up to crack the Indian market. That is where they should focus. I understand exports give some solution to all the idle capacity. But at the end of the day, this export success story is both (i) nothing but intra-company transfer and (ii) reflection of failure, not a reflection of success.

Its a contrarian view, I know.
Exactly. They are basically one car company(Kicks numbers are minuscule). They need a new product with enough differentiation to stand out. Mr. Rakesh Srivastava knows that, but I guess HQ doesn't think so(Just like how it happened at Ford India). This is the main reason my Sister is looking at punch over Magnite as Nissan India doesn't exude confidence about their India operations.
Old 30th July 2022, 14:22   #10
BHPian

As a nissan owner, not sure what to make out of this news.

Saying all things are hunky dory with exports but lacklustre performance in local markets, Frankly I am not impressed nor does it give any confidence.

We need new launchs for the local market and better service center and transparent costs.
SideView is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th July 2022, 20:09   #11

I think Nissan is selling cars in India only for pocket money and kind of concentrating more on the international market.
since I recently bought a Nissan I would also love to see the company making its way to top car brands in India like its fellow compatriots like Toyota and Suzuki

Hope am not asking too much here!

Last edited by Aditya : 31st July 2022 at 04:58. Reason: Typos
Mahesh Rao is offline   Received Infraction

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks