Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2024, 22:22   #601
BHPian

Re: Maintaining a Mercedes-Benz in India

Recently bought a GLA 200 and have been offered a 4 year service pack for 1.96L and 2 year extended warranty (3+2) for 50k. As this car is mostly being driven by my dad sedately and won’t cross 5-6k km a year, I was on the fence on going for this package or not. The service pack is compact plus which includes everything. Attaching it here.

Thoughts? Worth it?
Attached Thumbnails
Maintaining a Mercedes-Benz in India-img_9103.jpeg  

Old 19th September 2024, 23:00   #602
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ911 View Post
Recently bought a GLA 200 and have been offered a 4 year service pack for 1.96L and 2 year extended warranty (3+2) for 50k. As this car is mostly being driven by my dad sedately and won’t cross 5-6k km a year, I was on the fence on going for this package or not. The service pack is compact plus which includes everything. Attaching it here.

Thoughts? Worth it?
Considering how low your usage is, service package is not worth it in my opinion. Get the warranty though, something or the other is guaranteed to conk out since it’s not being used much.
Cresterk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2024, 05:37   #603
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ911 View Post
As this car is mostly being driven by my dad sedately and won’t cross 5-6k km a year, I was on the fence on going for this package or not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
Considering how low your usage is, service package is not worth it in my opinion. Get the warranty though, …
Agree with Cresterk. My Dec 2023 GLC annual running is unlikely to exceed 10 - 12k a year. I was clear I didn’t find any service pack worth it even at that level of mileage.

I did find it worthwhile though to get max extended warranty up to 6 years from MB to have the peace of mind for the longest duration possible.
Axe77 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks