Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2022, 16:15   #31
BHPian

Re: Zac Hollis relocating, moving on from Skoda India | Peter Solc to take his office

I feel really lucky to have met the guy who literally transformed the way people look at Skoda now. The image transformation goes to him and his team. His eagerness and accessibility is what motivated me to take the plunge and buy a skoda and I have never been happier than this with my decision. The credit goes to this man.

I got the opportunity to meet him in Goa during the Drive With Slavia event held by Skoda for select Skoda customers. One thing, I learned from him was his social skills. He was such a down to earth guy and also a very good host. We were around 25 folks and he made everyone of us feel at home and though we were meeting him for the first time, he made us feel as if we have known him from ages. You will be missed Zac. Wishing you all the best for your future endeavours.

Throwback to the good times
Name:  Screenshot_2022_0723_160603.jpg
Views: 774
Size:  101.6 KB

When he speaks you immediately know he is a proper car guy

Zac Hollis relocating, moving on from Skoda India | Peter Solc to take his office-screenshot_2022_0723_160618.jpg
sachin_cs is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2022, 16:33   #32

Re: Zac Hollis relocating, moving on from Skoda India | Peter Solc to take his office

Zac Hollis was a crusader in true sense for the brand Skoda. The amount of confidence he had put up on the Skoda 2.0 India project is commendable. Kushaq remains his baby and the success has been credited to him when Kushaq's credibility took a shaky start with the EPC and other problems. The way he defended, assured and handled the problems and addressed consumer issues through social media was commendable. His confidence to bring back Skoda as the Brand Director to the race of Sedans through Slavia laid a roadmap of comeback of Sedans in the market.
@Debanshu_B is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2022, 17:35   #33
BANNED

I am about to buy the Skoda Slavia, in a few days. Though it is ridiculous to buy a car just hoping that the company's top level will look in the issues, he did give a sense of confidence. That if I have troubles with the service centre, this guy, I mean Zac Hollis would help to sort it out . Hope that his replacement will also be similiarly active on the social media. Wishing Zac all the best in his future endeavours.
DR Manabendra S is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2022, 22:30   #34
BHPian

If he was as good and passionate about Skoda and its customers as being praised in all the above posts then I believe he must have created a system in place which will ensure that the good work continues even when he leaves. That is what the all the Good leaders to -- They fix systemic issues and create processes to ensure improvements work irrespective of any human leaving or staying in the company.

And if Skoda India degrades in cust service then he did not do all he was supposed to do.
SinghBHP is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th July 2022, 16:50   #35
BHPian

No doubt Zac is awesome. He led to increase in Skoda network across the country.

However, he also allowed cars to be launched with nearly zero testing. Widespread issues present in every car, yet Skoda didn't correct them before launching.

Under his direction QA/ QC was ignored. He responds to users but that doesn't translate into action. He is responsible for multiple SC visits by lakhs of owners.

I for one am happy he is moving on. One doesn't need to be active on social media to be a good administrator but do his/ her job with dedication.

Last edited by Aditya : 25th July 2022 at 17:51. Reason: Please keep the discussion civil
Old 24th July 2022, 17:31   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varun.petro View Post
No doubt Zac is awesome. He led to increase in Skoda network across the country.

He responds to users but that doesn't translate into action. He is responsible for multiple SC visits by lakhs of owners.
He did some real time work too, after his move to India the dealers took notice and became a little more scared of Skoda corporate. I remember when I had issues with a warranty claim on my Kodiaq. His office followed up with me till completion. He was also instrumental in setting right some errant dealers.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 24th July 2022 at 22:03. Reason: Minor typo corrected. Thanks
hondatoyotafan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th July 2022, 23:58   #37

All the Skoda owners will miss him dearly. Hope Peter Solc maintains the same rapport with the end users so that confidence in the brand remains as it is currently.

With the Slavia sales picking up and the kushaq doing good numbers as well, the new Director of Sales & Marketing has his work cut out and if he can ensure the same level of transparency and honesty to his customers, well, all the merrier for everyone around.
Old 27th July 2022, 07:29   #38

I believe that under his leadership people did find that confidence in buying Skoda due to his social media presence. However, the ac issue that exists in the Kushaq's of the world still exists. New Cars are still sold with the issue and existing ones continue to suffer as well. In the name of chip shortage multiple features were removed and the company continued to command the same premium. Quality should have remained their top priority but I think that was taken for granted.
Hope things improve under the new leadership.
Old 27th July 2022, 08:15   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varun.petro View Post

However, he also allowed cars to be launched with nearly zero testing. Widespread issues present in every car, yet Skoda didn't correct them before launching.

Under his direction QA/ QC was ignored. He responds to users but that doesn't translate into action. He is responsible for multiple SC visits by lakhs of owners.
He was director sales and marketing. Don't think he can control QC. He can share feedback with manufacturing and product team but can't dictate.

QA/QC again didn't do a great job internally. Sometimes not realising where not to cut corners is important as well. Fuel pump could not easily be detected. Glad it was acknowledged and rectified. Poor headliner is a bad decision and known so it was intentional. Hope the AC issues are more software than hardware. It's poor localisation especially when they advertise other hardly mattering local things. Sometimes I wonder why can they just copy thar Japs, Koreans in AC acros the range. Just get the same vendor for ease.
dipen is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th July 2022, 08:32   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
Fuel pump could not easily be detected. Glad it was acknowledged and rectified. Poor headliner is a bad decision and known so it was intentional. Hope the AC issues are more software than hardware.
Its not limited to the issues you highlighted. Every Kushaq's one touch window doesn't work. Goes halfway and then comes back. There is abnormal brake noise present. Door rattling in very vehicle. Press anywhere on dash and it creaks badly. Power windows are very noisy. Also AC issues have not yet been rectified despite multiple assurances by Zac.
varun.petro is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2022, 11:46   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Skoda has confirmed that Petr Solc has been appointed as Director of Sales & Marketing of Skoda India. He succeeds Zac Hollis, who will be taking on another role within the VW Group. Solc will take charge of his new responsibilities on Sep 1.

Zac Hollis relocating, moving on from Skoda India | Peter Solc to take his office-20220824_114537.jpg

Link

Last edited by Venkatesh : 24th August 2022 at 11:52.
Venkatesh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th August 2022, 12:27   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

What a start for Petr with the Superb & Octavia being axed!
itwasntme is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 24th August 2022, 13:57   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
What a start for Petr with the Superb & Octavia being axed!
Or may be Petr planned their phase out to begin his innings
steadfast is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2022, 18:34   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

As Petr Solc takes over as the new Brand Director, Skoda India introduced his official Twitter handle.

Last edited by Venkatesh : 25th September 2022 at 18:37.
Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2022, 23:19   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Zac Hollis - Skoda's Director of Sales & Marketing in India, is nearing the end of his term.
Attachment 2336902

We’ve been told that Zac Hollis is likely to be replaced by an executive from Russia, whose identity and the date of appointment is still unknown.

Zac Hollis took charge as the Director of Sales, Service & Marketing at Skoda India back in 2018. Prior to this, he was the Head of sales for the China region.

Hollis was part of the team that oversaw the implementation of the India 2.0 strategy. He is known for being very active on social media, where he often addresses the concerns of customers.

Link to Team-BHP News
Along expected lines. (screenshot attached. I wrote this regarding Zac Hollis in Skoda Kushaq thread last year). Always take a CXO's words with a pinch of salt. His job is to NOT to sell his car to you. His job is to make you BUY his car and he will go to any extent to get that done. After all, his loyalty lies with his job, not your car-ownership experience.
Attached Thumbnails
Zac Hollis relocating, moving on from Skoda India | Peter Solc to take his office-screenshot_20220925230313_chrome.jpg  

Last edited by Geta : 25th September 2022 at 23:21.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks