Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2022, 14:59   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: My brand-new Jeep Compass breaks down twice in a week after delivery | EDIT: Now back home

Feel sorry for your ordeal vinitbhavi, hope that Jeep gets around and solves your problem for good rather than attempt hacks.

The RSA episode was unacceptable.
I had exceptional support from the Chevrolet ASC(Rahul Chevrolet, Ranchi) who arranged for a pickup 50+kms from their ASC (no RSA was taken) and the gate to be opened for a Spark to be parked since it was a holiday. The car wasn't even from the same city and this was at least a year after GM had exited from India.

Reading your ordeal was infuriating.

Jeep has a long way to go to in customer service.
Jeep keeps up with this then they deserve a hit/miss service addition to their reviews too.

OT :
Is it just me or the premium customers like the Jeep or TML's flagships are facing such treatment more often ?

Last edited by shancz : 17th July 2022 at 15:00. Reason: formatting
shancz is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 17th July 2022, 15:30   #17
BHPian

re: My brand-new Jeep Compass breaks down twice in a week after delivery | EDIT: Now back home

This is just so horrifying to imagine let alone go through this find of an ordeal. Take the customers for granted attitude highly needs to change in today's time when brand image is the most valuable asset to companies. The damage is already been done to JEEP India with another unhappy customer vowing to never own a JEEP again but what we all collectively need to do is make efforts to get Vinit the attention this story deserves!

Also hoping this time around when you get the car back it turns out to munch miles without any hiccups for a long long time! All the best buddy
yashcosmos is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2022, 15:35   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Sorry to hear about your ordeal. A brand new car is not supposed to break down like this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitbhavi View Post
Together we called the company’s MOPAR 24-hour RSA, who refused any help as the vehicle broke down within 48 hours of delivery and RSA wasn’t activated yet.
Maybe this should be told to the customer when selling the vehicle?

Please don’t take your go-anywhere car anywhere because if you need us we won’t come anywhere before 48hrs of sale!

Quote:
After persuasion, the vehicle’s warranty was extended from 3 years/1 lakh km to 5 years/1.5 lakh km free of charge. All was good for a couple of days, but the vehicle broke down again on the 15th of July.
Sad again, you don’t support the customer in any meaningful way and yet he has to persuade you? Such a pathetic dealership.

Quote:
JEEP, don't make me hate what I love doing most!
That’s completely in your hands.

Jeep is no one to deny you what you love. It will be their loss if you jump camp to some other car, not yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Ideally, the dealership should have sorted internally with RSA and arranged your pickup. They should have sent you another car and taken care of yours. Such small gestures go a long way to keeping trust in the brand and the dealership. Things can fail but how you handle them is most important.

Once again, the dealership could have done better. They could have asked a mechanic to look into this today, and only if some parts were to be replaced, they should have pushed it to Monday. I understand that the stores may not be open, but at least identifying the fault would have given you comfort.
+1

Dragging the Jeep name through mud with their complete nonchalant attitude for a week old car, this dealership has probably taken the affinity of Jeeps to mud to the next level.
Dry Ice is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 17th July 2022, 17:23   #19
Senior - BHPian

Horrible!!!

2 breakdowns in a car driven less than 500 KMs . I hope they offer you a brand new car to replace this lemon or least offer you refund with minimum hit.

Getting stranded with kids on a brand new car is least anybody would expect. On top they did not extend the RSA support talks volumes about JEEP's customer care, or the lack of it.
neoonwheels is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2022, 17:38   #20
BHPian

Stuck between a rock and a hard place (especially after paying 35 big ones). The best thing for you is to put this issue behind as quickly as possible. I understand that having lost confidence in a car is a very big issue but thinking about the same will do you no good either.

Best thing to do now is somehow use for sometime and even then if such issues persist and you have lost confidence in the car, sell it, but you will be taking a significant hit. Again always keep records of all mails and communication with jeep either hard copy or atleast email and recordings of phone calls (which will be very eventful in case push comes to shove). On the other hand I understand why cars like creta and seltos sell so much even at their astronomical price.

Hope the company does it's due diligence, extending the warranty was a good gesture hopefully it doesn't end there.

Last edited by Axe77 : 18th July 2022 at 04:16. Reason: Spacing, formatting and capitalisation. Please read the Forum rules before proceeding. Thank you.
Chimera is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 17th July 2022, 17:42   #21
BHPian

Sorry to hear about your ordeal. Hope you get a resolution at the earliest. However it would be unfair to criticize Jeep for this unfortunate incident. A few lemons do pass through the stringent QC checks in place even at the most technologically advanced manufacturing facilities.. Unfortunately, you were at the receiving end of this one.

The Compass is one of the most beloved cars in the Team BHP community. Multiple posts are there which talk about the Compass being the best real SUV on sale in India. The build quality is far better than the competition.

I hope the dealership is able to solve all the teething troubles to your satisfaction. Expecting a full refund or another brand new car would be unrealistic.

Last edited by kushagra452 : 17th July 2022 at 17:54.
Old 17th July 2022, 18:12   #22
BHPian

I experienced similar ordeal with brand new Meridian. Major lapses in PDI process. The worst part was @jeepIndia was just not worried about loosing reputation or helping customer.

Landmark group continues to take Jeep/FCA/Stellantis customers for a ride.

Within first 500-600 KMs on mountains suspension started giving shuddering noise, only saving grace was a Jeep dealer at Solan in vicinity who confirmed that suspension tie rods were loose and tightened the same! They also pointed out that rear hatch door was misaligned too.

While taking delivery there were several defects more likely caused by incorrect PDI process. Dealer promised to address that only to wash off hands later.

Jeep India is worst in support and dealer is mafia.

Good products, bad execution, bad company and worst dealer support network.

To add to it, Meridian is a half cooked product launched in hurry without proper R&D. I believe product already flopped.
rishi_kapoor is offline   (37) Thanks
Old 17th July 2022, 19:07   #23
BHPian

Dear all,
I thank you all for your support and kind words.
As they say " Only those who experience it can truly know what if feels like".
Because of this forum and my proud feeling of being part of this forum, I truly feel I'm not alone in this ordeal.
For those here who are saying, Jeep Compass is a wonderful car and it happens in a very rare case.
Sir, that rare case is me and going with the quote what I started in this post, unable to describe the feeling.
For those questioning why I went for it in spite of the rattling noise, I will say, I have read multiple posts , which mention the noise was a thing of the past.
I can live with a few noises ( Remember I'm upgrading from an XUV)
Now that it doesn't feel like an upgrade is another matter.
Rattling is acceptable, being stuck immovable and alone with children to fend for yourself is not.

Last Saturday, the multiple tow guys who said " Sir this is too dangerous" book a Tow truck fast , even showing me the bent railing is an image I will never forget.

Just an hour ago on the way back from Pune in my trusted Jazz, I slowed down and relived the horror of that rainy day.

Hoping for an update and will share with you all soonest.

Last edited by Sheel : 17th July 2022 at 19:16. Reason: JC = Jeep Compass. No acronyms please. Thanks.
vinitbhavi is offline   (48) Thanks
Old 17th July 2022, 20:07   #24
BHPian

Quote:
The vehicle’s transmission oil was found leaking. I stopped the vehicle immediately and called the SA from the dealership that had delivered the car on the previous day. Together we called the company’s MOPAR 24-hour RSA, who refused any help as the vehicle broke down within 48 hours of delivery and RSA wasn’t activated yet.
RSA activation? This sounds like a cruel joke. Americans will be shown the exit door if such nonsensical procedures are placed above customers. It's the customer's grievances that have to be addressed first at any given point in time. Are these companies making a fool out of customers? RSA or whatever must be in force as soon as the vehicle is out of the showroom, just like an insurance policy.

Last edited by Turbanator : 17th July 2022 at 20:43. Reason: Fixed quote.
Gypsian is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 17th July 2022, 20:36   #25
Senior - BHPian

This is why I cut my losses, took a bit of financial hit and sold off my compass model S via the dealership itself in 6 months. These guys are incompetent, apathetic and down right cheats.

Even after so many horror stories on the net, if someone goes ahead and buys a Jeep. they only have themselves to blame
himanshugoswami is offline   (42) Thanks
Old 17th July 2022, 20:39   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitbhavi View Post
Hoping for an update and will share with you all soonest.
1. Jeep Compass is a great car. Not the one delivered to you. Not the one delivered to me. Not the one delivered to many of our forum members who continue to live with unacceptable levels of fit and finish for a 35L plus car.

2. There is no such thing as FCA customer service. We will continue to be directed to the delalership again and again.

3. Put your foot down and ask for a new car. I know the issues around registration etc etc. worst case, ask for a complete replacement of engine?

One who paid feels the real pain.

I buy something from Amazon. Poor quality? Amazon takes it back. No questions asked.

Why not these automakers?
sheelapratosh is offline   (34) Thanks
Old 17th July 2022, 20:45   #27
BHPian

I am really surprised by comments that it a rare case and can happen and we just have to move on. It is simply not acceptable when you paying such high prices for these products. The same for the VAG cars.

This is the main reason people buy Maruti and Hyundai here in India. They may not be built like a tank, not have great finish or luxury dashboards but even the Alto rarely leaves you stranded in the middle of the road.
m8002? is online now   (28) Thanks
Old 17th July 2022, 21:48   #28
BHPian

This is simply unacceptable behaviour from the Dealer.
RSA activation!!! Never heard such BS before. Vinit i think as your car is less than 30 days old Jeep and Dealer has to treat this as a very serious matter and take appropriate action. 2 failures is simply unacceptable. Ask for complete refund or a brand new car.
I somewhat understand you situation as i had faced an issue with my Skoda Octavia 1.8TSI (bought in 2017) within 1 month of purchase but my local dealer and Skoda handled the situation very well and the problem was solved on priority basis.Its being 45k kms and the car is running perfectly.

Actually we were seriously considering adding the Jeep Meridian/Compass. This post definitely warrants some hard rethinking.

Wishing you Good luck with your Jeep Compass.
viky_s is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th July 2022, 22:12   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushagra452 View Post
Sorry to hear about your ordeal. Hope you get a resolution at the earliest. However it would be unfair to criticize Jeep for this unfortunate incident. A few lemons do pass through the stringent QC checks in place even at the most technologically advanced manufacturing facilities.. Unfortunately, you were at the receiving end of this one.
I am sorry, the car had a breakdown in the first week and Jeep could not even arrange a RSA to tow the car. For me it’s only Jeep who need to be criticised.
sunikkat is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 17th July 2022, 23:14   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
I am sorry, the car had a breakdown in the first week and Jeep could not even arrange a RSA to tow the car. For me it’s only Jeep who need to be criticised.
RSA not activated is a deficiency of paperwork. If the customer has paid for the RSA (either separately or as part of the purchase price package) he should be entitled to RSA the moment he drives the car out of the showroom; just like warranty or insurance.
Jeep has no excuse here.
Olympal is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks