Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2022, 10:08   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2022 Maruti Grand Vitara to debut on July 20 | Pre-bookings open

New Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara front fascia revealed in new teaser.

2022 Maruti Grand Vitara to debut on July 20 | Pre-bookings open-screenshot_20220713100854_youtube.jpg

Last edited by Venkatesh : 13th July 2022 at 10:11.
Venkatesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th July 2022, 10:13   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
New Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara
Am I the only one who this could end up looking much better (read front face) than Toyota Hyryder?
CrossLife is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th July 2022, 10:33   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

More of the Grand Vitara.

2022 Maruti Grand Vitara to debut on July 20 | Pre-bookings open-2022marutisuzukigrandvitarasuvlaunch.jpg

2022 Maruti Grand Vitara to debut on July 20 | Pre-bookings open-293423564_1207974783297495_7872815836267499390_n.jpg

Name:  2022marutigrandvitarasuvfrontview3747x420.jpg
Views: 646
Size:  65.6 KB

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 13th July 2022 at 10:36.
volkman10 is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 13th July 2022, 10:49   #64
BHPian

This will sell in huge numbers if launched with fiat 1.6L or 2L diesel engines.
I think strong hybrid will be priced at a very premium to mild hybrid.
SanjayW is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2022, 11:12   #65
BHPian

The car looks good, will have to wait to see if this looks better or the Toyota one!
Good MS brought back the name Grand Vitara, sounds good. The previous car was great although couldn’t work in India. Hopefully it has better luck this time around.

MS just has to price it right and they have a winner on their hands.
Old 13th July 2022, 11:38   #66

The 2nd and 3rd grand vitara were sold in India as CBU starting from dec 2003. They did not do well because of the high sticker price since they were imports.
Suzuki did not sell the 4th gen model in India which was called Vitara only since it didn't have a 7 seat variant to qualify for the Grand prefix.
This is new model is the 5th gen version globally.
Plus the interiors and basic platform is of Suzuki. The biggest contribution of Toyota is the strong hybrid powertrain. Otherwise its full blown Suzuki model.

Suzuki bashers should know that Suzuki is a very small still independent company unlike most others. They might be big in India but elsewhere not so much. They don't have the kind of money to spend on keeping everyone happy especially in today's times of switch to newer technologies and the eagerness of Indian government to adopt every conceivable safety feature within the year..
Don't compare with tata and Mahindra because both are industrial behemoths even without their passenger car business.

Suzuki Toyota partnership has been mandated by the Japanese government in order to protect small companies from going bankrupt due to the disruption caused by switch to newer technologies..

Haven't seen anyone bash Hyundai Kia for their pathetic build quality that is worse than even Maruti.
Creta and seltos sell like hot cakes inspite of 3 star unstable structures. Even the humble S presso that costs a quarter of those has a similar 3 star rating.

Just because you have the money to burn fuel or live in a big city with multiple service centres doesn't mean everyone is blessed with the same. For some it is a decades old dream just to own a car.
For some peace of mind is more important than 0-100 drag times.

6-10-20 airbags won't prevent accidents.
Drive responsibly. That's the biggest safety.
Secondly. Anticipate where someone else can go wrong.
Follow the two and then worry about airbags.
shantanu90 is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 13th July 2022, 13:19   #67
BANNED

From the teaser images and spy shots, the silhouette looks similar to international S-Cross. I'd be surprised if they launch anything else other than the car below with few changes thrown in here and there.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Maruti Grand Vitara to debut on July 20 | Pre-bookings open-1.png  

2022 Maruti Grand Vitara to debut on July 20 | Pre-bookings open-2.png  

2022 Maruti Grand Vitara to debut on July 20 | Pre-bookings open-3.png  

2022 Maruti Grand Vitara to debut on July 20 | Pre-bookings open-4.png  

chaudh2s is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 13th July 2022, 13:50   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaudh2s View Post
From the teaser images and spy shots, the silhouette looks similar to international S-Cross. I'd be surprised if they launch anything else other than the car below with few changes thrown in here and there.
It's actually gonna be a Suzuki version of toyota hyryder, the S-Cross will not be coming to India.
KI07 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th July 2022, 14:14   #69

I just bought a Creta. But if could have waited I would definitely have bought the Hyryder Strong Hybrid. Toyota is Toyota.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 13th July 2022 at 16:46. Reason: typo edited
Old 13th July 2022, 14:24   #70
Team-BHP Support

Today someone asked to explain regen technology, and I just pointed my old thread, without thinking.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...nce-japan.html (Toyota Hybrid Technology: Drive & Experience @ Japan)

Then I realised it took 9 years for Toyota to bring it to masses in India. The reason is well-known, Indian government revoked subsidy to all hybrid cars thanks to the fake-hybrids created by Maruti and Mahindra.
Samurai is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 13th July 2022, 14:25   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaudh2s View Post
Why can't people accept that Maruti is capable of launching a new car?
Astargea is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2022, 14:29   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astargea View Post
Why can't people accept that Maruti is capable of launching a new car?
And when did that last happened
saurabh041086 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th July 2022, 14:34   #73
BHPian

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAutomaniac View Post
Interesting! I was always of the opinion that they might use the GV nameplate for the upcoming 7 seater! Instead they chose it for the 5 seater?
Could you kindly share more details on the upcoming 7-seater? I have checked the Vitara and Hyryder both, but they aren't really an upgrade from the Ertiga 1.5L engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by midazolam View Post
The car looks good, will have to wait to see if this looks better or the Toyota one!
Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
More of the Grand Vitara.
Someone posted on the forum that Hyryder looks way smaller in person, and the panel gaps and overall fit and finish are substandard. That is sad since I was almost gonna book one. Now I am split between a mid-variant Scorpio/XUV or a high-end Vitara.

Last edited by Sheel : 17th July 2022 at 10:45. Reason: Back to Back posts merged. Trimmed quoted posts.
Old 13th July 2022, 14:39   #74
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI07 View Post
It's actually gonna be a Suzuki version of toyota hyryder, the S-Cross will not be coming to India.
Toyota Hyryder itself is a repaneled international S Cross, they both have same wheelbase 2600mm. The length, width, height too are similar. Toyota and Suzuki picked up a low cost global architecture as in S Cross and jointly repaneled and reengineered it to launch it in developing countries. Toyota doesn't have any car in its global portfolio with similar dimensions, and they wont develop a new one when an existing one is available with Suzuki. No brainer then.

Last edited by chaudh2s : 13th July 2022 at 14:48.
chaudh2s is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2022, 15:22   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by womanonwheels View Post
Could you kindly share more details on the upcoming 7 seater. I have checked the Vitara and Hyryder both but they arent really an upgrade from the Ertiga 1.5L engine.
As per my friends at Maruti, the 7-seater launch is at least two years away from now, post the launch of the Baleno-based-YTB-SUV and Jimny 5-door!
And since I had all the details of these cars including the design in the mid of last year, I am expecting to receive details on the 7-seater in a few months.

That said, the new 7-seater will likely use the 1.5L and 2.0L Hybrid engine options from Toyota (The 2.0L will mostly debut on the Innova Hycross) as I do not see any potential suitable engines in the whole Suzuki global lineup.

Also, if you are expecting something substantially more powerful than the Ertiga, I guess you will have to look somewhere else as I do not expect Maruti to focus on performance anytime soon. They are sadly not the old Maruti anymore and are just targeting higher fuel efficiency and lower emissions

Quote:
Originally Posted by womanonwheels View Post
Someone posted on the forum that Hyryder looks way smaller in person and the panel gaps and overall fit and finish is substandard. that is sad since I was almost gonna book one. Now I am split between a mid variant Scorpio/XUV or a high end Vitara.
Honestly, I do not think the production-spec Hyryder would be that bad built, simply because it is a Toyota and Toyota's are well built, no matter what segment they belong to! Also, we have seen extremely well built models like the S-Cross on the Global-C platform. Hence, I believe that the Hyryder seen by the said BHPian, is most likely a pre-production model. Production-spec models will surely be much better!

P.S.- I do not think there shall be any confusion in these products! If you need, can manage a bigger car, and have most usage biased towards the highways, the Mahindras are the way to go. Though if your usage is going to be mainly in the city, the Japanese duo are a clear choice since they are more frugal, and the compact dimensions result in a easier to drive car.
Both the Mahindras come with their own benefits too, but in different ways! The Hyryder-Vitara promise reliability, frugality and higher number of features (for comparable variants) but the road presence isn't as strong and neither is the performance expected to be good. Vice versa is the case with the Mahindras, which even though are more powerful and have better road presence, can never match reliability, frugality and features (on similarly priced variants) of the Japanese duo.

Last edited by theAutomaniac : 13th July 2022 at 15:33.
theAutomaniac is offline   (7) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks