Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2022, 15:57   #571
BHPian

Re: 2022 Maruti Grand Vitara to debut on July 20 | Pre-bookings open

Quote:
Originally Posted by driver52001 View Post
Best time to buy a used well-maintained SCross petrol 1.5. Have been eyeing this for a while. The older SCross is probably the only big car that handles like a hatchback. Bang for the buck 100%.
True , cant digest the 1.5 MT prices for Hyryder @ 17laks. Scross used to sell at 14lakhs for 1.5AT ! WTH is toyota & suzuki smoking.
TorqueIndia is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2022, 16:03   #572
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueIndia View Post
True , cant digest the 1.5 MT prices for Hyryder @ 17laks. Scross used to sell at 14lakhs for 1.5AT ! WTH is toyota & suzuki smoking.
Exactly. 17 lakh for the Mild Hybrid Top variant is insanely priced. 17 lakh on-road price (5 years road-tax) for the Top variant Mild Hybrid is also somewhat high for me because the XL6 Alpha plus is 15.7 lakhs.

Absolutely shocked at the Hyryder Mild Hybrid V AT pricing. Maruti will undercut that price with Grand Vitara by a maximum of 50K. Even then, 16.5 lakh ex-showroom for a Grand Vitara Alpha AT is insane.

The pricing has left me shocked and disappointed.
Still waiting for the Grand Vitara price reveal before I cancel my booking.
dr_TJ is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th September 2022, 18:33   #573
BHPian

I see comments shocked at 17 lakh ex showroom price of 1.5 V AT. But top variant of Creta 1.5 Petrol AT is also 17.1 lakh ex showroom. So I am a little perplexed if I am missing why this pricing from Toyota should be a shocker ?
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Maruti Grand Vitara to debut on July 20 | Pre-bookings open-3401c740fd104e199730fafc6c9f6a26.jpeg  

Carzilla is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th September 2022, 19:22   #574
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carzilla View Post
I see comments shocked at 17 lakh ex showroom price of 1.5 V AT. But top variant of Creta 1.5 Petrol AT is also 17.1 lakh ex showroom. So I am a little perplexed if I am missing why this pricing from Toyota should be a shocker ?
They are the new kids on the block trying to dislodge a well entrenched King. They had better have something more if they wish to succeed.
SedateGuy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th September 2022, 19:54   #575
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carzilla View Post
Compare the engine spec for Creta 1.5 Petrol and Hyryder/Grand Vitara 1.5 Petrol. The Maruti Suzuki K15C is the most lackluster NA 1.5l Petrol among all the 1.5L NA petrol engines.
Also, Creta is the segment leader since ages, briefly toppled by its cousin Kia Seltos.

Keeping aside the Creta. Grand Vitara should be also compared with its own stable mates like Brezza and XL6
dr_TJ is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th September 2022, 20:21   #576
BHPian

dhinchak is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th September 2022, 11:41   #577
BHPian

One more rough terrain video of the new Grand Vitara:

https://twitter.com/YashKalasva/stat...BTJgwj1hdZGiQA
Old 12th September 2022, 11:58   #578
Distinguished - BHPian

Grand Vitara media drives begun in Udaipur, specially curated track which showcases the off-roading capabilities of the SUV.

2022 Maruti Grand Vitara to debut on July 20 | Pre-bookings open-smartselect_20220912115334_instagram.jpg

2022 Maruti Grand Vitara to debut on July 20 | Pre-bookings open-smartselect_20220912115343_instagram.jpg

2022 Maruti Grand Vitara to debut on July 20 | Pre-bookings open-smartselect_20220912115355_instagram.jpg

2022 Maruti Grand Vitara to debut on July 20 | Pre-bookings open-smartselect_20220912115404_instagram.jpg

2022 Maruti Grand Vitara to debut on July 20 | Pre-bookings open-smartselect_20220912115413_instagram.jpg

2022 Maruti Grand Vitara to debut on July 20 | Pre-bookings open-smartselect_20220912115433_instagram.jpg

2022 Maruti Grand Vitara to debut on July 20 | Pre-bookings open-smartselect_20220912115442_instagram.jpg

2022 Maruti Grand Vitara to debut on July 20 | Pre-bookings open-smartselect_20220912115451_instagram.jpg

Link

Last edited by Venkatesh : 12th September 2022 at 12:01.
Venkatesh is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 12th September 2022, 12:30   #579
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_TJ View Post
Exactly. 17 lakh for the Mild Hybrid Top variant is insanely priced. 17 lakh on-road price (5 years road-tax) for the Top variant Mild Hybrid is also somewhat high for me because the XL6 Alpha plus is 15.7 lakhs.

Absolutely shocked at the Hyryder Mild Hybrid V AT pricing. Maruti will undercut that price with Grand Vitara by a maximum of 50K. Even then, 16.5 lakh ex-showroom for a Grand Vitara Alpha AT is insane.

The pricing has left me shocked and disappointed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by headbanger View Post
Who would have thought a 100bhp engine is going to retail at 17L ex-showroom!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueIndia View Post
Quote:
I was expecting a price of Rs 13.5 for Zeta AT and 15.5 for Alpha AT, looks like Alpha AT will be 16.5+ now.
Totally not worth paying for a lethargic 100bhp engine.
Quote:
Compare the engine spec for Creta 1.5 Petrol and Hyryder/Grand Vitara 1.5 Petrol. The Maruti Suzuki K15C is the most lackluster NA 1.5l Petrol among all the 1.5L NA petrol engines.
Also, Creta is the segment leader since ages, briefly toppled by its cousin Kia Seltos.

Keeping aside the Creta. Grand Vitara should be also compared with its own stable mates like Brezza and XL6
I love how many people on this forum are pissed that Maruti is offering the GV at 17 lakhs when the competition is just worse!

So you all mean that-

1. Hyundai-Kia can get away with offering barely 3-star rated cars with reliability issues, no features in the lower variants, skipping out on basic features in base variants and pathetic headlamps.

And,

2. Skoda-VW can get away with cars that offer pathetic reliability, zero space, poor fuel efficiency, stupidly high maintenance costs and with interior parts which rattle worse than a Maruti 800 and even with cars in which the parts like interior lights and seats fall off their positions.

But then,

When a Grand Vitara with decent space, good safety, good fuel efficiency, relatively lower maintenance costs, reliable and long lasting parts etc arrives at a similar price, but with a 100hp engine..... it is called "sub-par", "overpriced" and what not!

Brilliant!

And to everyone comparing Hyryder V AT prices with the S-Cross AT price, let me remind you all that you are the same folks who used to complain that the S-Cross never had the features or AT to compete! But now when the same company offers a similar car with much more features and a far better gearbox at a price on par with the competition, it is overpriced! Where's the logic?
theAutomaniac is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 12th September 2022, 12:44   #580
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAutomaniac View Post
I love how many people on this forum are pissed that Maruti is offering the GV at 17 lakhs when the competition is just worse!
I could have shared an elaborate response but I will just urge you to put 18 or 19 big ones on the table and then test drive that 100bhp engine, leave alone experiencing the super cheap interior bits.

I don't intend to goad you but as much as I am pissed off with Kia and Hyundai on spoiling an otherwise great car by lowering the structural integrity, I am appalled by the courage of Maruti of putting a lame engine in a car which is positioned to be premium. I have driven this engine at least 3 times on Brezza and trust me, it's tune is mediocre at best. All this is coming from someone who has 5L kms under the belt on just the Maruti cars.

This is a typical Maruti grade car with a Toyota grade price sticker. The stock investor within me wants this product to burn the charts but the enthusiast wishes the opposite.
headbanger is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 12th September 2022, 13:07   #581
BHPian

Quote:
And to everyone comparing Hyryder V AT prices with the S-Cross AT price, let me remind you all that you are the same folks who used to complain that the S-Cross never had the features or AT to compete! But now when the same company offers a similar car with much more features and a far better gearbox at a price on par with the competition, it is overpriced! Where's the logic?
Agree with you that these cars should not be compared to discontinued S-Cross. But the features provided in these twins are for name sake and do not worth more than 17-18 big ones on the road. Flimsy sunroof blind, pathetic rear camera quality, horrible part sharing, engine from lower segment etc. Koreans might be doing the same but with some feel good factor inside the cabin. Even Germans are very clever and they have not done the cabin part sharing at least.
Toyota/Maruti for sure missed the game in providing better cabin experience. They might excel in FE but will seriously disappoint the buyers from Korean diesel cars.
Hickstead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2022, 13:16   #582
Distinguished - BHPian

Why do I have a feeling that Maruti will showcase mainly the AWD All-Grip variant and maybe the 1.5L K series ones and not the Hybrid? Whatever information about the media drive that's available right now is mainly about the AWD variant. And Toyota conducted media drive for only Hybrid variant. I hope it's not true and we also get a drive report of the Vitara Hybrid.
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2022, 13:17   #583
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headbanger View Post
I could have shared an elaborate response but I will just urge you to put 18 or 19 big ones on the table and then test drive that 100bhp engine, leave alone experiencing the super cheap interior bits.
Well I certainly agree that the performance could and should've been better on the K15C and they have focused way too much on the fuel efficiency.

But then, if I prefer more performance, I can always go with aftermarket options and one cannot improve the three star safety rating or falling interior bits and unreliable engines by doing the same!

Hence in my opinion, buying a C-segment SUV is just like picking the less worse, amongst the worst! And in my opinion, I would much rather have a safe and long lasting car than a few less milliseconds on the stopwatch (which again, I can improve by going aftermarket!)!

That said, I'm hoping that Maruti will bring in the upcoming Turbo engine that is said to debut on the 5-door Jimny, on a Grand Vitara facelift since that will be a hybrid unit and will provide good FE. Maruti loves fuel efficiency and they would never skip an engine which fulfills that while giving other benefits.
theAutomaniac is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2022, 14:09   #584
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickstead View Post
But the features provided in these twins are for name sake and do not worth more than 17-18 big ones on the road. Flimsy sunroof blind, pathetic rear camera quality, horrible part sharing, engine from lower segment etc. Koreans might be doing the same but with some feel good factor inside the cabin.
Engine is not from lower segment. Both Creta/Seltos also run with 1.5 NA engines. In fact Maruti is offering a 1.5 NA engine from higher segment for the Brezza. The Koreans claim 115 bhp against 103 bhp of GV/Hyryder, but both the engines should stand pretty close in terms of real world performance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickstead View Post
Even Germans are very clever and they have not done the cabin part sharing at least.
Toyota/Maruti for sure missed the game in providing better cabin experience. They might excel in FE but will seriously disappoint the buyers from Korean diesel cars.
Though the german cars have not done cabin part sharing, their cabins are nothing to write home about. I am looking into buy in this segment and have test rode the kushaq/taigun. They drive better but have no feel good factor in interior for their price and feel a segment below in terms of overall space and seat comfort and come with 16" wheels. Both GV and Hyryder are definitely better than Kushaq/Taigun interior wise except for maybe the power window switches.
tarmacnaut is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th September 2022, 14:34   #585
BHPian

Quote:
But then, if I prefer more performance, I can always go with aftermarket options and one cannot improve the three star safety rating or falling interior bits and unreliable engines by doing the same!

Hence in my opinion, buying a C-segment SUV is just like picking the less worse, amongst the worst! And in my opinion, I would much rather have a safe and long lasting car than a few less milliseconds on the stopwatch (which again, I can improve by going aftermarket!)!
Agreed on C segment SUV analysis. The problem is that the next probable candidates like Tucson or Compass is at a fair margin and even they aren't perfect ones particularly for Petrol variants.

As for prepping K15C engine by going aftermarket, please help me with options that I can utilize for putting some oomph in this wheezy NA motor.

Just to conclude, I don't wanna scorch the tarmac or burn rubber with these cars. But having adequate power is certainly not a requirement that can termed as luxury.

Just for fun, I see your location as Ambala. Try K15C to overtake a Haryana Roadways bus driven by pilot and then think about 18L moolah. I hope that will help you understand my plight. HSRTC Volvos are an impossible shot for this engine unless they are moving slow or you wring the nuts of K15C.

Last edited by headbanger : 12th September 2022 at 14:35.
headbanger is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks