Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2022, 21:56   #541
BHPian

Re: 2022 Maruti Grand Vitara to debut on July 20 | Pre-bookings open

I have booked the Delta AT today. Delta seems to tick most of the requirements. I was told 24 weeks is the waiting period.
Hoping the price to be under 14 lakhs.
Old 5th September 2022, 15:22   #542
BHPian

I booked the ZETA AT mild hybrid model on 22nd July, 2022. God knows when is the expected delivery date! No update from Maruti Suzuki or the NEXA dealership. I have just collected their booking slip. No information on any kind of price protection (policy) either.

Whereas the Scorpio N booking could be secured within price protection commitments and now we get the expected delivery date ranges.
RijuC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2022, 15:48   #543
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post
I booked the ZETA AT mild hybrid model on 22nd July, 2022. God knows when is the expected delivery date! No update from Maruti Suzuki or the NEXA dealership. I have just collected their booking slip. No information on any kind of price protection (policy) either.

Whereas the Scorpio N booking could be secured within price protection commitments and now we get the expected delivery date ranges.
Me too have booked a Zeta AT Mild Hybrid, mostly because I don't want a Panoramic Sunroof with a net like Sunshade but I am sad to miss out on Leatherette seats and 360 degree camera. Wish Maruti provided the option of a Alpha AT variant without the panoramic sunroof

Booked in August, No display car news, no price related news, no delivery news. Nothing. The Nexa guys here are equally frustrated because even they have not seen the Grand Vitara for real. No price protection policy as far as I know.

I too have a ScorpioN Z4 Diesel AT booking with price protection stated for a January-February delivery period. Considering my running, I thought why not get a Petrol Crossover at lesser price than the ScorpioN and save a few bucks, so Grand Vitara, my Thar Diesel is severely under-utilised for its capabilities and its mHawks capabilities.
Yes, ScorpioN Petrol Z4 AT should have been my choice but the fuel economy numbers just don't add up well.

Anyways, I am completely frustrated with Maruti Suzuki with their Grand Vitara launch debacle.

Maruti Suzuki or Toyota or whatever, If you are reading this post, get your act together. Need some transparency here.

Off topic, The Nexa guys also told me of the Jimny launch soon because they saw me arrive in my Thar. I was like, Let me see the Grand Vitara first.

Last edited by dr_TJ : 5th September 2022 at 16:13. Reason: Added a sentence
dr_TJ is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th September 2022, 20:44   #544
BHPian

The price reveal being pushed to end of Sept as per this report.
Quote:
While speaking to ET Auto, Shashank Srivastava, Senior Executive Director (Marketing And Sales), MSIL told that the sales of the five-seater would commence towards the end of this month and the prices will be announced shortly before it.
Link
ajayc123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2022, 22:16   #545
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayc123 View Post
The price reveal being pushed to end of Sept as per this report.

Link
Your statement had me intrigued until I read the source articles!

What Gaadiwaadi article says-
Quote:
While speaking to ET Auto, Shashank Srivastava, Senior Executive Director (Marketing And Sales), MSIL told that the sales of the five-seater would commence towards the end of this month and the prices will be announced shortly before it.
What Original ET Auto Article says-
Quote:
Grand Vitara is also going quite strong because we have not really announced the prices yet and the sale will start sometime towards the end of September
Thankfully, none of the articles say that the price reveal has been pushed to the month-end! Both the articles mention only about deliveries beginning from month-end and prices being announced before that, and since the same is the case with every new launch these days, can't really blame Maruti for following the trend!

So yes, the price reveal is still scheduled as per the earlier schedule and also, we should probably leave the "news-Interpreting" task to the actual people responsible because our interpretations can go wrong many times!
theAutomaniac is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2022, 22:21   #546
BHPian

My impression was formed by the statement "prices will be announced shortly before it".

I think we are lucky that September has only 30 days, so at least one less day to wait. As for the pricing, I won't be surprised if it is revealed on 29th evening. Anything earlier would be a bonus.
ajayc123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2022, 23:07   #547
BHPian

I have booked a Zeta AT mild Hybrid, what if I want to change my booking to Alpha AT mild Hybrid after viewing the car for real?

Knowing Maruti, I am sure the Dealership will bring in fresh stock of the Grand Vitara before price reveal and customer delivery soon after.
Things were similar with Brezza and new Baleno as well.
Old 7th September 2022, 01:17   #548
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_TJ View Post
I have booked a Zeta AT mild Hybrid, what if I want to change my booking to Alpha AT mild Hybrid after viewing the car for real?
I had a similar query, I was informed we get a couple of days to alter the booking once the prices are announced without loosing our place in the queue. Once the window is closed any alteration to variant or colour sends us to the back of the queue.

I too have booked a Zeta AT mild hybrid.
SedateGuy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2022, 09:58   #549
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Grand Vitara SUV Homologated – 10 Variants, GVW 1,755 Kgs.

Quote:
Total 10 variants are on offer with Maruti Grand Vitara. 8 for mild Hybrid and 2 for strong Hybrid. Maruti Grand Vitara mild hybrid variants are – Sigma MT, Delta MT, Zeta MT, Alpha MT, Alpha 4WD MT, Delta AT, Zeta AT and Alpha AT. The 2 strong hybrid variants on offer are Zeta+ CVT and Alpha+ CVT. Gross vehicle weight of Grand Vitara strong hybrid is 1,755 kgs.

Name:  marutigrandvitarahybridsuvhomologatednewdetailsleak1.jpg
Views: 677
Size:  164.3 KB

Name:  marutigrandvitarahybridsuvhomologatednewdetailsleak2.jpg
Views: 400
Size:  166.4 KB

2022 Maruti Grand Vitara to debut on July 20 | Pre-bookings open-marutigrandvitarahybridsuvhomologatednewdetailsleak3.jpg

Last edited by volkman10 : 7th September 2022 at 10:01.
volkman10 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 7th September 2022, 12:33   #550
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Maruti Grand Vitara SUV Homologated – 10 Variants, GVW 1,755 Kgs.

Power to weight ratio will be less and underpowered.

Last edited by Jaggu : 7th September 2022 at 14:15. Reason: Fixing quotes do a Preview before Submitting posts. Thanks.
Old 7th September 2022, 14:12   #551
BHPian

Can someone from the reviewers/ technical team please confirm the manufacturer of the Battery pack being used in strong hybrid models of Grand Vitara/ Hyryder please. Whether it is TDSG make in India battery pack?

If yes, I'll shift my booking of mild hybrid to the strong hybrid variant.
Old 7th September 2022, 15:50   #552
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara price announcement by last week of September.

2022 Maruti Grand Vitara to debut on July 20 | Pre-bookings open-20220907_155241.jpg

- Customer deliveries to commence from first week of October.

- Dispatches to dealerships will also begin by the middle of September.

Quote:
The company has revealed that it has received around 50,000 bookings for the Grand Vitara; moreover, around 45 percent of total bookings have been for the strong hybrid variants. No doubt, the strong hybrid variants will be pricey
Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 7th September 2022 at 16:05.
Venkatesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2022, 21:53   #553
BHPian

I had pre booked the grand vitara strong hybrid. As per the sales team here, they expect the pricing to be announced on the 23rd of September.
I just hope it doesn't get pushed beyond this. I am eagerly waiting for a test drive before I make up my mind.
Old 9th September 2022, 13:46   #554
BHPian

With the price reveal of Toyota strong hybrid variants, what do you think the Maruti pricing will be for Grand Vitara. I am expecting Maruti to price the GV 50k less than these prices
Old 9th September 2022, 18:19   #555
BHPian

Looks like Toyota prices are out.

Source : https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/bu...h-9154641.html

2022 Maruti Grand Vitara to debut on July 20 | Pre-bookings open-toyota.jpg

The strong hybrid starts at ~15. MS's GV should be priced within few thousands of Toyota's prices
Mustang_Boss is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed