Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2022, 12:33   #526
BANNED

Re: 2022 Maruti Grand Vitara to debut on July 20 | Pre-bookings open

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Because the Toyota platform on the Yaris Cross seems to be designed to incorporate the battery under the seat, whereas on the Suzuki platform - the battery is just placed in the boot.

Attachment 2352034
Yes, that seems to be the case, thanks for clearing this out. I am no automotive engineer, But can't they place the battery where 'awd' system resides in the 'all grip' variant? That space will be empty in the strong hybrid anyways.
Maybe the battery is too big for the space
or
that space is reserved for the 'Toyota's awd' system that they might offer in a future facelift down the line (in the strong hybrid)?
tarmacnaut is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2022, 16:00   #527
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarmacnaut View Post
Yes, that seems to be the case, thanks for clearing this out. I am no automotive engineer, But can't they place the battery where 'awd' system resides in the 'all grip' variant? That space will be empty in the strong hybrid anyways.
Maybe the battery is too big for the space
Keeping the battery inside of the passenger compartment v/s outside has a huge difference in terms of battery design, cooling, protection and so on. Hence the boot will be a safe place compared to suspending it somewhere under the body. Modifying the passenger shell is also not an easy job especially in between the full hybrid and the mild hybrid.
audioholic is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st August 2022, 10:55   #528
Distinguished - BHPian

With bookings crossing 45k, Maruti Suzuki aims to crack the mid SUV Segment.

Quote:
With the new Grand Vitara already bagging more than 45,000 bookings, Maruti Suzuki India is looking to enhance its presence in the mid-SUV segment, which is currently dominated by Hyundai Motor India’s immensely successful Creta.

Link
Old 31st August 2022, 11:09   #529
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
With bookings crossing 45k, Maruti Suzuki aims to crack the mid SUV Segment.
This is one of the most competitive segments, and Maruti/Toyota will need to price competitively to shakeup this segment.

Looking forward to the excitement in the coming months. Let's see who yields how much to make space for Grand Vitara/ HyRyder twins. It is always fun to watch the tamasha.
Old 31st August 2022, 17:05   #530
BHPian

I am truly amazed at the sheer number of comments on the Hyryder-Vitara pages. It can be attributed to curiosity but a revelation is that there is a substantial number of customers who wish to look beyond Seltos and Creta for this segment of vehicles. There is a genuine openness to exploring even Suzuki as a premium car maker as well. Good Luck TATA and Mahindra.

This should be a lesson to Suzuki that a mass market car maker image is no barrier to selling premium products provided it is of good value. When I talked with Suzuki engineers in Japan, there was a genuine wariness if customers in India would accept premium-er products from a brand like Suzuki. This was more so the case because the expectations of this class of vehicle is very different world wide (developed markets) as compared to India.

I personally believe the feature list is still not very India specific especially after reading the T BHP Hyryder official review and comments there in. But Luggage volume as a purchase qualifying criterion was something new to me.
Carma2017 is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 31st August 2022, 17:15   #531
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carma2017 View Post
I am truly amazed at the sheer number of comments on the Hyryder-Vitara pages.
I think the interest is there because of the companies involved, MSIL and Toyota as they're known for their reliability and aftersales service.

Last edited by Sheel : 31st August 2022 at 17:42. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers. Thanks!
Durango Dude is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st August 2022, 18:25   #532
BHPian

I visited Nexa showroom today, they have Grand Vitara at Display for two days, today & tomorrow. I don't know how to put it the right way but the car felt cheap to look at. The materials used, the metal, something was off. I did not sit in the car though as there was too much of a rush owing to Vitara on display. I did touch the panels, looked at the car from very close quarters.

I don't mean any offence to anyone, this is just my personal view based on my experience, expectations etc. I drive Hyundai Xcent 2014 model for reference. I wanted to book Vitara but now I am not so sure.
Engine_Roars is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2022, 19:15   #533
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
I think the interest is there because of the companies involved, MSIL and Toyota as they're known for their reliability and aftersales service.
Plus after the crash tests of Creta and Seltos - there is a genuine interest towards their alternatives, but from mainstream companies. Their image has taken a huge toll, especially with the younger generations.

Many people won't purchase VW, Skoda, MG, etc for peace of mind reasons over Creta and Seltos. But Toyota and Maruti are true alternatives over Hyundai/ Kia.

Just hope the pricing remains true to their core VFM principles! This car may not be for us driving enthusiasts, but it sure has one genuine trick up its sleeve - Fuel efficiency.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st August 2022, 22:20   #534
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Plus after the crash tests of Creta and Seltos - there is a genuine interest towards their alternatives, but from mainstream companies. Their image has taken a huge toll, especially with the younger generations.

Many people won't purchase VW, Skoda, MG, etc for peace of mind reasons over Creta and Seltos. But Toyota and Maruti are true alternatives over Hyundai/ Kia.

Just hope the pricing remains true to their core VFM principles! This car may not be for us driving enthusiasts, but it sure has one genuine trick up its sleeve - Fuel efficiency.
Let's not forget how Princess Di died, so what ever the GNCAP rating it all depends on the person behind the wheel, divine providence and the milieu in which one drives. In Indian parlance it's "fate".
Durango Dude is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st September 2022, 11:29   #535
BHPian

Will there be a price announcement or Maruti better shelve this Grand Vitara launch altogether?

Don't even remember when was it revealed, feels like ages ago.
dr_TJ is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2022, 12:30   #536

This guy has derived the expected price by studying the existing running models:
Pran is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2022, 17:31   #537
Distinguished - BHPian

All 3 generations of Grand Vitaras together at Nexa Airport Road, Mandovi Motors.

2022 Maruti Grand Vitara to debut on July 20 | Pre-bookings open-fa2cbd2a65cc423a898e275e06dea4b1.jpeg

https://instagram.com/stories/sanjay...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
CEF_Beasts is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2022, 17:41   #538
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pran View Post
This guy has derived the expected price by studying the existing running models
It is an interesting watch. The guy has put in some effort instead of just pulling numbers out of a hat. I would love to see how the real numbers (once they are revealed) stack up against his estimates.
Old 2nd September 2022, 20:40   #539
BHPian

Today I found it on status of a NEXA SA. But the language doesn't seem to be from a corporate.
Is this waiting period true for the GV? There was no priority number or serial number on the booking slip received from NEXA.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Maruti Grand Vitara to debut on July 20 | Pre-bookings open-screenshot_202209022032202.png  

RijuC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2022, 14:08   #540
Distinguished - BHPian

Brezza and GV bookings:

Quote:
For the new Brezza, we crossed 106,000 bookings yesterday. Grand Vitara is also going quite strong because we have not really announced the prices yet and the sale will start sometime towards the end of September.
The number of bookings there is touching 50,000, out of which about 44-45% is the strong Hybrid.

Link
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks