Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2022, 05:53   #466
BHPian

Re: 2022 Maruti Grand Vitara to debut on July 20 | Pre-bookings open

Since this one is a 1.5 L 3 cylinder engine, it should not feel underpowered for most use cases, but NHV of a 3 cylinder is concern area for me as well. Waiting patiently for evolution in this space. In theory, I appear to be more comfortable with the idea of a 4 cylinder strong hybrid, which is there in the Honda Hybrid cars, and can be expected from other brands in the next one or two years.
Old 10th August 2022, 12:10   #467
BHPian

Checked out the Grand Vitara at Rajeev Chowk Nexa Gurgaon. The car was on Display for two days on 8th and 9th of August. Must say was a little underwhelmed if not anything else.

The Car looks longish and has a good presence but somehow that feeling of real estate outside does not translate to space inside the vehicle. The biggest concern i had was lack of headroom at the back. Now I am 181 cms tall, which is not exactly 6 feet (183cms) . So if a 5 foot11- 6 Feet tall person has minimal headroom in the back its definitely a cause for concern.

The funny thing was the salesman saying Sir, Aapke liye thoda adjustment karna padega , which is funny considering the supposed price of the vehicle. There would be scores of people lining up to buy the vehicle who comfortably exceed 6 feet. This is not a very tall vehicle , I have not yet seen the Hyryder but considering the design language the height or the sense of height in a typical SUV is missing.

Another thing were the surprisingly light doors, I shut the front and back one's twice just to confirm and somehow this didn't seem any different from my First Gen Ertiga. Considering its built on the C platform and the S Cross definitely had more heft to the doors it was even more underwhelming. I had Checked the Brezza on the 6th of this month and the experience was the opposite , the doors had good Heft (Vast improvement over the older Gen) and even the sheet metal seemed to have improved. In fact i was impressed with the Brezza , the headroom was good, the built felt heavy and the bonnet and seating position definitely gave out SUV vibes.

I would check the Hyryder but considering that its essentially the same car I don't think that there would be much of a difference. The interiors are better than any other Suzuki car and that's a plus. Hopefully it would be safer considering its platform , unless the japanese have decided to go the korean way in cutting costs.
Shwet is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th August 2022, 14:13   #468
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki gets 33k bookings for its Grand Vitara, nearly half of it is for its strong Hybrid variant.

Maximum bookings are from Delhi then Hyderabad followed by Pune, Mumbai and Bengaluru.

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 10th August 2022 at 14:22.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2022, 14:32   #469
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Maruti Suzuki gets 33k bookings for its Grand Vitara, nearly half of it is for its strong Hybrid variant.
Link
Do we need to consider this as 'weak demand' for this crossover, being a Suzuki product ? People are ready to grab decently equipped and priced cars with out any hesitation. Recent booking mania of Scorpio is an example. My intention is not to compare apples to oranges.
Personally I am with lot of expectations from the Japanese twins and disappointed a bit after the reveal. Hope the price and test drives give some justification for this duo.

Last edited by Hickstead : 10th August 2022 at 14:46.
Hickstead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2022, 14:54   #470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickstead View Post
Do we need to consider this as a weak demand for this crossover, being a Suzuki product ? People are ready to grab decently equipped and priced cars with out any hesitation. Recent booking mania of Scorpio is an example. My intention is not to compare apples to oranges.
Personally I am with lot of expectations from the Japanese twins and disappointed a bit after the reveal. Hope the price and test drives give some justification for this duo.
Do you think 33k is less for a car that has not even landed outside most showrooms yet?

Though I am one of those who booked the Scorpio but those numbers are clearly not indicative of strong conversion owing to the mockery that Mahindra and its dealers made of the system. The way I see it is dealers are going to reap the maximum benefit out of many hoax bookings. Infact even more than Mahindra it seems

PS Mahindra including everyone in 25k list after the awesome PR they got on social media does not ensure one will be getting the car anytime soon. And in such a case lot of factors change the prospective owners decision.
saurabh041086 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2022, 16:14   #471
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmeparvathy9 View Post
The Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder's official price announcement is on August 16, whereas the Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara's official price announcement is likely to be in September (no official date yet).
The Toyota SA who spoke with me today said prices and TD vehicles will be available only ‘some time next month’ so no prices for the Toyota Hyryder earlier than the GV based on what I was told..
Old 10th August 2022, 17:33   #472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harshbhat View Post
Are you saying navigation is not displayed in heads-up display of Brezza and GV? What is the use of HUD then? Alright, cruise control data is displayed?
I am sure that nav is not there in Baleno in HUD. For GV I am not sure.
Old 10th August 2022, 18:51   #473
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post

Maximum bookings are from Delhi then Hyderabad followed by Pune, Mumbai and Bengaluru.
I think Maruti Suzuki is hell-bent to have maximum bookings for Grand Vitara and using that claim to make an urgency with the fan following. Below is my experience.

I had booked Alpha+ in strong hybrid within the first few days of the announcement. But after seeing a lot of negative points regarding the interior and the rear seat space, I badly wanted to see the car in person. Kerala dealers were having no clue and I don't think they will be getting the car even before the launch.

I was in Bangalore for a week and tried calling all the dealers on the northern side in hope of experiencing the car. Nobody was having the car on the display. Shockingly the second question by all the dealers was when are you booking the car ? My standard reply for all of them was I want to see the car first. To my horror one SA even questioned me and said "Why do you want to see that car, Sir? It is a Maruti and it will be all perfect". My understanding is Maruti is trying to convert all the basic enquiries to bookings to project it as a runaway success even before the launch. (No offence to anyone, please)

Meanwhile, if any Bangalore bhpians know the schedule of Grand Vitara display kindly share it with me. Being a Maruti Suzuki customer for last 11 years, Badly want to see the car before jumping into conclusions.
northstar* is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th August 2022, 18:53   #474
BHPian

Any ideas about the Pune schedule for the Grand Vitara Display? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks
Old 11th August 2022, 08:32   #475
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar* View Post
Meanwhile, if any Bangalore bhpians know the schedule of Grand Vitara display kindly share it with me. Being a Maruti Suzuki customer for last 11 years, Badly want to see the car before jumping into conclusions.
Mandovi Nexa Palace Cross will have it on display on 13th and 14th as told to me by their manager. Please call them up to confirm before you go.

Last edited by Sheel : 11th August 2022 at 09:26. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers. Thanks!
Traveler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2022, 09:10   #476
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar* View Post
Kerala dealers were having no clue and I don't think they will be getting the car even before the launch.
True. Both Maruti and Toyota dealers are like, " Oh, sir, it has been launched virtually, not yet in the showroom ". "What about the displays in Mumbai, NCR, Pune and Bengaluru?". Initially they would feign surprise that it is already on display in other cities, but now they just keep quiet.
Old 11th August 2022, 11:09   #477
BHPian

I recently enquired about the Grand Vitara via Nexa website and the very next day, one SA called me. He was like booking is open, you can book it now, do a Test drive later on and you will get delivery soon, around October.
Similarly I did place a enquiry on Toyota website for the Hyryder but no one gave a call because my online enquiry is of no value to them I guess.

Standard affair with Maruti Suzuki Arena or Nexa SAs now a days, Sir, book the car now, then only you can get the car soon, booking amount is refundable as well.

I replied firmly that unless I see the car in person and do a test drive of the strong hybrid, I am not placing a booking amount.
The lack of ventilated seats on Alpha variant of mild hybrid Grand Vitara is such a huge bummer. I will happily take ventilated seats over a Panoramic Sunroof anyday. (That's where the XL6 comes in)
And coming to the Sunroof, the almost transparent Sunroof shade/Liner is a huge worry for me.

Last edited by dr_TJ : 11th August 2022 at 11:11.
dr_TJ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2022, 11:18   #478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_TJ View Post
I replied firmly that unless I see the car in person and do a test drive of the strong hybrid, I am not placing a booking amount.
Wow! That's bold. I wouldn't even dare to think like that for a new launch.
Old 11th August 2022, 12:44   #479
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayc123 View Post
Wow! That's bold. I wouldn't even dare to think like that for a new launch.
Never having driven a Strong Hybrid before, a test drive is must before thinking about placing a booking amount.

I absolutely hate this trend from Toyota and Maruti Suzuki to just unveil the car and brochure. No price details provided but bookings open. And also a massive gap between unveiling and price announcement date
dr_TJ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2022, 15:01   #480
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_TJ View Post
I
The lack of ventilated seats on Alpha variant of mild hybrid Grand Vitara is such a huge bummer. I will happily take ventilated seats over a Panoramic Sunroof anyday. (That's where the XL6 comes in)
And coming to the Sunroof, the almost transparent Sunroof shade/Liner is a huge worry for me.
I agree with you a 100%. I think perhaps people forget they have to deal with Indian Summers in these cars. I have reluctantly booked the Exclusive MG ZS EV because the Excite version without the sunroof never launched. The Exclusive version also has a huge sunroof with a translucent cover and no ventilated seats.

I hear people saying "your family will love the panoramic sunroof", are these families all living in Mussorie or perhaps in Europe.
Chrome6Boy is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks