Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2022, 17:09   #451
BANNED

Re: 2022 Maruti Grand Vitara to debut on July 20 | Pre-bookings open

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayc123 View Post
Price announcements gone to Sept? Some folks in tbhp were saying 14-aug?
The Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder's official price announcement is on August 16, whereas the Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara's official price announcement is likely to be in September (no official date yet).
itsmeparvathy9 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th August 2022, 18:28   #452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carzilla View Post
So it’s not either / or but often both running in parallel and hence they quote the combined output.
Even I would assume it should work like this. But the fact that they are not quoting the combined figure is making it hard to believe.
Old 6th August 2022, 18:37   #453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harshbhat View Post
Are you saying navigation is not displayed in heads-up display of Brezza and GV? What is the use of HUD then? Alright, cruise control data is displayed?
Just like a myriad of other things the HUD is a straight liftoff from the Baleno after it was plastered even on the Brezza.

That HUD does not show directions.
Only displays speed, the current great (AGS)-choice between RPM and Real time mileage and cruise control symbol if it's engaged.
Old 7th August 2022, 19:11   #454
BHPian

The hybrid engine is a 3-cylinder one. It would have been better if it were a 4-cylinder. Any news about when such an engine could make it to the Vitara. 3-cylinder engines are inherently unstable
Old 7th August 2022, 19:17   #455
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhpfaninblr View Post
The hybrid engine is a 3-cylinder one. It would have been better if it were a 4-cylinder. Any news about when such an engine could make it to the Vitara. 3-cylinder engines are inherently unstable
Both use the same engine and powertrain, and the Grand Vitara's launch is most likely to be in September whereas Hyryder launches on August 16.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 7th August 2022 at 19:59. Reason: Typo
itsmeparvathy9 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 8th August 2022, 23:34   #456
BANNED

Just saw a poster of Lakozy - the dealer for Toyota on Mumbai Ahmedabad Highway. The poster says, "price starts from 9.02 lac". I was speeding away and hence, did not stop to click a picture, but it seems prices are out.

Last edited by Aditya : 9th August 2022 at 05:22. Reason: Edited for better readability
nilesh111 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 9th August 2022, 08:02   #457
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilesh111 View Post
Just saw a poster of Lakozy - the dealer for Toyota on Mumbai Ahmedabad Highway. The poster says, "price starts from 9.02 lac". I was speeding away and hence, did not stop to click a picture, but it seems prices are out.
Not yet on their website though.
Old 9th August 2022, 08:58   #458
BHPian

As you all may agree, there's nothing called a 'perfect car'. Each one has its merits and demerits. They are like two sides of a coin. The fuel economy, reliability and modern SUVish appeal are going to be the strengths of the Toyota Hyryder and the Grand Vitara. Lack of outright punch and the slightly lesser refinement of the 3-cylinder engine may be their weaknesses. But then these are required for improved FE and keeping costs under check. It will be interesting to see whether the automatic transmission is going to be a torque converter or the e-CVT. The electronic CVT is a notch above the conventional CVT (already being used by Toyota in the Yaris Hybrid hatchback overseas) and offers better driveability and FE.
Old 9th August 2022, 09:14   #459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilesh111 View Post
Are you sure you saw the Urban Cruiser Hyryder and not the Urban Cruiser?

Quote:
Originally Posted by denny_ace View Post
As you all may agree, there's nothing called a 'perfect car'. Each one has its merits and demerits. They are like two sides of a coin. The fuel economy, reliability and modern SUVish appeal are going to be the strengths of the Toyota Hyryder and the Grand Vitara. Lack of outright punch and the slightly lesser refinement of the 3-cylinder engine may be their weaknesses. But then these are required for improved FE and keeping costs under check. It will be interesting to see whether the automatic transmission is going to be a torque converter or the e-CVT. The electronic CVT is a notch above the conventional CVT (already being used by Toyota in the Yaris Hybrid hatchback overseas) and offers better driveability and FE.
Is not it already confirmed that the mild hybrid ATs are torque converter and the strong hybrids are fitted with e-CVT?

Last edited by nomad47 : 9th August 2022 at 09:34. Reason: added another quote
nomad47 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2022, 10:19   #460
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad47 View Post
Is not it already confirmed that the mild hybrid ATs are torque converter and the strong hybrids are fitted with e-CVT?
Is it? Sorry! My bad. I probably missed out the finer details of the transmission being offered. Thanks for confirming. The strong hybrid seems to be a compelling package
Old 9th August 2022, 10:46   #461
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhpfaninblr View Post
Unstable? No.
3 potters are more efficient and generate more power. The only drawback is NVH because of the configuration.

If the 3 pot is propelling the engine, then yes. More NVH.
But Strong hybrids use the motor to generate electricity and then use the electricity to propel. So, mostly the engine stays in certain RPM bands as per configuration and the engine would have been optimally tuned for longevity and lower NVH. Even if the motor does propel, it would be confined to certain workloads at certain speeds.

I would say, be open to drive and see the strong hybrids in person and decide, because the underlying principle has been changed. Motor doesn't propel the vehicle.
Mustang_Boss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2022, 15:11   #462
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh041086 View Post
Even I would assume it should work like this. But the fact that they are not quoting the combined figure is making it hard to believe.
As per a media article I read, the peak power and torque of the mild hybrid will be 103 PS and 138 Nm respectively. The strong hybrid will have a combined output of 115.5 PS and 122 Nm.
Old 9th August 2022, 18:26   #463
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang_Boss View Post
Unstable? No.
3 potters are more efficient and generate more power. The only drawback is NVH because of the configuration.

If the 3 pot is propelling the engine, then yes. More NVH.
But Strong hybrids use the motor to generate electricity and then use the electricity to propel. So, mostly the engine stays in certain RPM bands as per configuration and the engine would have been optimally tuned for longevity and lower NVH. Even if the motor does propel, it would be confined to certain workloads at certain speeds.

I would say, be open to drive and see the strong hybrids in person and decide, because the underlying principle has been changed. Motor doesn't propel the vehicle.
In certain situations it will be reverse though. The car might be cruising with minimal activity from the electric motor , but the petrol engine can be working overtime depending on battery charge etc. In those cases , the driver feels there is unusually noisy petrol motor , even when there is minimal input from the driver. This can be disconcerting.
Razor44 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th August 2022, 19:32   #464
BHPian

In a typical city driving what percent of time should we expect the engine to running in a hybrid ? I guess that will correspond to the equivalent NHV experience.

Last edited by ajayc123 : 9th August 2022 at 19:34.
Old 9th August 2022, 23:12   #465

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor44 View Post
In certain situations it will be reverse though. The car might be cruising with minimal activity from the electric motor , but the petrol engine can be working overtime depending on battery charge etc. In those cases , the driver feels there is unusually noisy petrol motor, even when there is minimal input from the driver. This can be disconcerting.
Same reasons I'm concerned about strong hybrids. The engine is put to lot of work during long drives and a low powered 3 cylinder also might yield a lower economy while pulling a heavy 1.3 ton vehicle. Plug-In hybrids at least have an option to charge in between, but adds up more complexity and space within the vehicle.

Since I usually do upwards of 25k kms a year and I'm kind of looking to switch to something like a hybrid apart from obvious diesel choices. I actually haven't found any logical answer around this.

Last edited by Aditya : 10th August 2022 at 17:28. Reason: Typo
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks