Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2022, 15:03   #31
BHPian

Re: 2022 Maruti Grand Vitara to debut on July 20 | Pre-bookings open

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waspune View Post
This Grand Vitara needs the 1.4 booster jet engine, period! How can Maruti compete with the likes of Creta/Seltos/Kicks without having a strong Petrol engine? I know majority of Maruti owners/buyers don’t have power as a top criteria but when other competing products are offering then why can’t Maruti/Toyota?
Yes their USP is in the form of hybrid which again isn’t improving the power figures by much. That would definitely help the fuel efficiency but that’s about it. And yes an AWD will also be on the cards (like Hyryder) but I guess the lack of power will be the most evident in that variant.
Exactly my thoughts. Without a proper turbo petrol engine and good automatic transmission, there is no excitement.

This is clearly not the segment where fuel economy is major focus for the buyers. They are selling mild hybrids which doesn't improve mileage significantly. As another bhpian rightly mentioned, hope it won't be Grandma Vitara

Last edited by suhaas307 : 12th July 2022 at 15:50. Reason: Spacing for improved readability
Old 12th July 2022, 15:08   #32
BHPian

Quote:
This Grand Vitara needs the 1.4 booster jet engine, period! How can Maruti compete with the likes of Creta/Seltos/Kicks without having a strong Petrol engine? I know majority of Maruti owners/buyers don’t have power as a top criteria but when other competing products are offering then why can’t Maruti/Toyota?
Yes their USP is in the form of hybrid which again isn’t improving the power figures by much. That would definitely help the fuel efficiency but that’s about it. And yes an AWD will also be on the cards (like Hyryder) but I guess the lack of power will be the most evident in that variant.
Every OEM has a unique USP.

The audience that desires power + features already have several options to choose from other manufacturer's offerings in the mid-size SUV segment.

The Toyo-MarZuki twin's USP seems to be FE and reliable/niggle free ownership experiences, along with class leading features.

I'm a prospective owner of either of these cars, and I specifically do not want high powered turbo-charged engines which are fuel guzzlers. Require atleast 25-27 kpl FE in city traffic, but do not want to buy a proper EV. Do not want a diesel engine either. There's currently no product in this segment, which satisfies this need of a mid-size SUV with a low power petrol engine with high FE.

Last edited by GoBlue : 12th July 2022 at 15:30.
GoBlue is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 12th July 2022, 15:41   #33
BHPian

Is this the new Grand Vitara?

2022 Maruti Grand Vitara to debut on July 20 | Pre-bookings open-vitara.jpeg01.jpeg

Source- CarBlogIndia
Emvi is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 12th July 2022, 15:49   #34
BHPian

Quote:
I know majority of Maruti owners/buyers don’t have power as a top criteria but when other competing products are offering then why can’t Maruti/Toyota?
IMHO this is too much of generalization. On the other hand, do we conclude that people choosing non-Maruti are all loving power, or they don't like higher fuel efficiency? What about safety features of car in few MS models and Hyundai/Kia models?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBlue View Post
Every OEM has a unique USP.
The Toyo-MarZuki twin's USP seems to be FE and reliable/niggle free ownership experiences, along with class leading features.
+1. I definitely need a bigger car, but along with higher engine capacity, safety and FE are equally important - so than HyRyder, Grand Vitara and new generation Tucson, in that order, are my choices. I will have to compare them and decide.
MiKeMo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th July 2022, 15:58   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harshbhat View Post
They are selling mild hybrids which doesn't improve mileage significantly.
The top-end is a strong hybrid with a battery powered electric motor powertrain.
GoBlue is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2022, 16:14   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBlue View Post
I'm a prospective owner of either of these cars, and I specifically do not want high powered turbo-charged engines which are fuel guzzlers. Require atleast 25-27 kpl FE in city traffic, but do not want to buy a proper EV. Do not want a diesel engine either. There's currently no product in this segment, which satisfies this need of a mid-size SUV with a low power petrol engine with high FE.
Well then this car would perfectly suit your requirements . In fact it would be in line with your Jap superbike garage

For someone like me if a Maruti/Toyota car is fun to drive and is safe it has to the best combo where you get peace of mind plus fun behind the wheels. The last time we had a car that satisfied the above criteria was the S-Cross 1.6. I know it tanked but I think that was mostly due to gross overpricing! In fact Maruti pulled the plug when the market was actually beginning to understand what a stupendous product it was.

Currently we have cars that have tons of features but aren’t fun to drive or are unsafe.
Then we have cars that are fun to drive, are safer and have decent features but then the A.S.S is a hit or a miss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiKeMo View Post
IMHO this is too much of generalization. On the other hand, do we conclude that people choosing non-Maruti are all loving power, or they don't like higher fuel efficiency? What about safety features of car in few MS models and Hyundai/Kia models?
I just meant that ‘Kitna deti hai’ and ‘peace of mind’ have been the biggest USPs of a Maruti car for a long time now. For someone looking for fun behind the wheels there were always better cars available.

PS: The S-Cross 1.6 was an exception!

Last edited by Waspune : 12th July 2022 at 16:35.
Waspune is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2022, 16:35   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

New Grand Vitara DRLs in action

2022 Maruti Grand Vitara to debut on July 20 | Pre-bookings open-smartselect_20220712162949_twitter.jpg

Silhouette compared with HYryder

2022 Maruti Grand Vitara to debut on July 20 | Pre-bookings open-20220712_163402.jpg
Venkatesh is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 12th July 2022, 17:05   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
New Grand Vitara DRLs in action
I can see the Maruti Suzuki's NEXTre’ LED DRLs
bobbyblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2022, 17:24   #39
BHPian

Re: Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
The same dim wit 1.5 engine powering the Brezza and Vitara!
I had the exact same thought today when I went to see the Hyryder in person. It is a nicely built car! But I cannot for the life of me see how a 1.5L, 102 ps with 132 Nm of torque, would give any joy while driving. I also opine that the inadequately powered engine in the non Hybrid will on the contrary hit the fuel efficiency figures badly.
Newtown is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2022, 18:47   #40
R_R
BHPian

I own a 2008 Grand Vitara, which I now has to replace because of the stupid 15 year rule in the Delhi NCR. The car is still wonderful, and I have had almost 13 years of terrific experience with it (I bought it as a used 2-year old car), driving everywhere including to Leh and the Spiti Valley. It's a real fill-it, shut-it, forget-it car that is as good today, with 1.2L kms on the odometer, as it was when I bought it. I think the other original Grand Vitara owners here would equally vouch for it. I would have loved to get another upgraded Grand Vitara. Unfortunately, this new Grand Vitara seems a step down from the original in every way! I will still wait for the launch to see the official specs but rather disappointed so far with what seems to be on offer. MSIL is day late and a dollar short, as the saying goes.
R_R is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2022, 19:14   #41
BHPian

Grand Vitara & Hyryder is clearly for those who want a feature packed, mileage centric mid size SUV, both Toyota & MS offer fuss free ownership. As a customer this is a win win situation as we now have an extra choice in the market. Pick your poison.
Venkat_Figo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2022, 19:46   #42
BHPian

Do we have some information on the automatic transmission coming on the Grand Vitara? Is it torque converter based ?
Old 12th July 2022, 19:47   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki has released new teaser of Grand Vitara.

2022 Maruti Grand Vitara to debut on July 20 | Pre-bookings open-smartselect_20220712194435_facebook.jpg

2022 Maruti Grand Vitara to debut on July 20 | Pre-bookings open-smartselect_20220712194500_facebook.jpg

Name:  SmartSelect_20220712194951_Facebook.gif
Views: 978
Size:  4.84 MB

Last edited by Venkatesh : 12th July 2022 at 19:55.
Venkatesh is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 12th July 2022, 21:05   #44
Senior - BHPian

I think Maruti is trying to do a "Baleno" here. Taking a name plate of a car which really did not do well earlier and hoping it will do well this time. I hope they price it sensibly and are able to replicate the modern Baleno's success story.
Old 12th July 2022, 21:32   #45
BHPian

Dropped 11k to book the strong hybrid. Let's see how this pans out. Maybe I'll get lucky and snag one at the intro price.

Mod Note : Non-Forum smileys removed. Please do NOT cut-copy-paste text from other word software (MS Word etc.) Going forward, do keep in mind that it's best to type directly into Team-BHP.

Thanks.

Last edited by Sheel : 17th July 2022 at 10:21. Reason: Non forum smileys. Thanks.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks