Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2022, 17:20   #421
BHPian

Re: 2022 Maruti Grand Vitara to debut on July 20 | Pre-bookings open

Quote:
Originally Posted by TribalRoar View Post
I agree. If this turns out to be true, I for one would be awfully disappointed because I have my eyes on the AWD. I dont understand why maruti would set a 2 Lakh price difference for an AWD over its identical 2WD version. Correct me if I am wrong but I dont think any manufacturer in india charges that much (perhaps even abroad). They all seem to have the difference at around 1 Lakh to 1.5 Lakh. Could it be because of the Suzuki Allgrip technology?
From an economics point it should ideally cost them the least compared to other brands, considering the years of experience they have on Allgrip system. If these prices turn out to be true this variant will anyhow have least demand. Even going by the bookings where one dealer in Noida is quoting just 4 of 300 bookings for AWD they won't care to price it any any better, even if they do so for other variants. Its pretty evident to them whoever needs it will pay the hefty premium else anyhow its going to be variant just to have the AWD sticker in portfolio.
Old 30th July 2022, 19:41   #422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh041086 View Post
Having a further lower variant is what makes it affordable. How do we interpret that it will be cheaper variant to variant?

The fact that Toyota has a strong hybrid in-house and Suzuki is borrowing may explain why the hyryder will be priced lower than the Grand Vitara.
SanjayW is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th July 2022, 19:47   #423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanjayW View Post
The fact that Toyota has a strong hybrid in-house and Suzuki is borrowing may explain why the hyryder will be priced lower than the Grand Vitara.
Toyota is also offering a lower variant in the strong hybrid lineup (total 3 variants), in comparison to Maruti (total 2 variants). The "entry" level strong hybrid of Toyota might be priced lower than the Maruti.
nomad47 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2022, 01:32   #424
BHPian

What Maruti has done is really confusing, they have taken the:
Baleno Alpha MT- Rs. 9,21,000 ex
+ Sunroof
+ Wireless charger
+ 14hp & 23nm
= Brezza Zxi plus MT- Rs. 12,30,000 ex
+ Panaromic sunroof
+ 345mm longer (eventually slower)
- Wireless charger
- HUD
= Grand Vitara Alpha MT

Maruti really need to get the pricing right of the non hybrid variants, otherwise why would somebody pick it over the already overpriced Brezza.
Blackwing is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 1st August 2022, 12:47   #425
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Here is how the Grand Vitara /HYryder twins will compete with its peers as per the 'speculated pricing'
Though speculative, these prices negates the earlier news of Hyryder strong hybrid being cheaper than its Maruti's equivalent. Anyways, I strongly feel Toyota cannot price its strong hybrid cheaper than Maruti’s. Both brand’s products positions and consumer perceptions of the brands would not allow either of the manufacturers to do so.

Last edited by T.S. : 1st August 2022 at 13:10.
Old 1st August 2022, 13:34   #426
BHPian

The pricing of the Grand Vitara will make a sea of difference in cutomer purchase decision. IMHO, at the new price point at which the revamped Brezza is being offered, with enhanced features, that makes it a worthy offering than the Vitara. Yet to understand why Maruti doesn't quite comprehend the value of actually offering a "premium product" if they're charging a price equivalent to competition in the particular segment. The plastics and overall look-and-feel still seem like a spruced-up Swift/Baleno. Nonetheless, considering the 2 biggest reasons Maruti cars are a mass success: Fuel Efficiency & Wide Service Network, expect the new Grand Vitara to be a runaway hit too. No one can dispute the loyal following that Maruti still enjoys amongst us Indians.
IamNikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2022, 13:42   #427

I had a brief encounter with the Grand Vitara at the Bimal Nexa on ORR, Marathalli.

The vehicle looks good in Nexa blue and the showroom was packed with people for the unveiling. They claim to have over 200 bookings and quite a lot of inquiries.

A few key observations.

1. Boot in the hybrid versions is surely small (both in-depth as well as height) but the non-hybrid versions will fare a little better. Maruti has provided panels in the Intelligent Hybrid to make the floor look flat, which when in place alongside the parcel tray, reduces the boot capacity on offer.

2. The rear acon vent looks cheap and out of place in an otherwise well-appointed cabin.

3. The rear seat is best suited for 2 and the middle passenger will have limited space. The Floor hump and the rear acon vent will not make long journeys comfortable with 5 people on board

4. Rear seat has 2 step recline and 60:40 split. They fold well to provide a nearly flat floor. Were comfortable to seat on with cushioning being spot on.

5. Cabin is well appointed though you will be able to see quite a few parts from lower-end Maruti's. Surely a notch below the Koreans, but it is a commendable effort for a Maruti.

6. Checked out the engine bay and it is well laid out and neatly put together. There is protection for the engine at the bottom.

7. Headroom both at the front and the back will be tight for people above 6ft.

8. Front seats are well bolstered and were quite comfortable.

9. Glove box is exceptionally small for a vehicle of this size. Not sure if it is cooled

10. Lot of people seemed enamored with the Sun roof, but it is only available in the top variants.

There was an executive from Maruti collecting feedback from prospective customers. He was aware of this thread on team-bhp.

He claims that prices will be announced in September, with deliveries beginning during the festive season.

Based on current bookings, there seems to be a 3-month waiting post deliveries begin.

Overall, liked the vehicle. Planning on paying the advanced booking amount for a Zeta Smart Hybrid Automatic.

Pricing will be key and will evaluate the decision post price announcement.

The vehicle is available today in the said showroom and the showroom is open until 11 pm. Interested folks can drop by and check out the vehicle.
robindsouza82 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st August 2022, 13:46   #428
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwing View Post
What Maruti has done is really confusing, they have taken the:
Baleno Alpha MT- Rs. 9,21,000 ex
+ Sunroof
+ Wireless charger
+ 14hp & 23nm
= Brezza Zxi plus MT- Rs. 12,30,000 ex
+ Panaromic sunroof
+ 345mm longer (eventually slower)
- Wireless charger
- HUD
= Grand Vitara Alpha MT

Maruti really need to get the pricing right of the non hybrid variants, otherwise why would somebody pick it over the already overpriced Brezza.
Baleno has a smaller engine compared to the other two. Can't figure out why Baleno is there is this equation.
ajayc123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2022, 14:15   #429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayc123 View Post
Baleno has a smaller engine compared to the other two. Can't figure out why Baleno is there is this equation.
Comparison is not between cars per se but Maruti's strategy for differentiating top end Grand Vitara (mild hybrid), right now it is not even on par with Baleno & Brezza(HUD & wireless charger). Maruti needs to segregate its products, by adding some unique features in higher segments, be it subwoofer, branded audio system, different layout of AVN, e-brake etc.
And
Baleno and Brezza both hover around the 12 sec mark for 0-100, so why not.
Even the BHP/Ton of Baleno(89/955) = .093, is higher than Brezza(102/1130) = .090.
Blackwing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2022, 14:22   #430
BHPian

Re: Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder

Yesterday I visited PASCO NEXA at Sikanderpur, MG Road, Gurgaon to have a look. It wasa dark red coloured GV, Smart Hybrid top end variant.

Exterior: Look-wise, front portion was kind of weird. Couldn't understand the design philosophy. It was like many elements put together without any fixed agenda. The thick chrome portion of the grill was too jazzy. Probably a dark hue of chrome would have been better for asthetic appeal. Now it shouts on face.

There was big panel gaps. However since it was a pre-production unit, I hope things will be better in sales units.

It was a busy area beneath the bonnet hood. The thin plastic cladding of front wheel well are exposed and no structural element of metallic portion on them. I could feel this pushing it from engine bay and feeling my fingers from wheel arches. The engine bay is guarded by a plastic protective cover.

The projectile stones may damage the headlamp cover sheet. It is placed too low and almost at right angle with the road direction. There seems to be a small narrow air flow pathway opening next to outer edge of the headlamp, though not sure about it.

Side profile couldn't be understood since the showroom was flocked by large number of visitors. However there was flex on door outer panel sheet metal. Door handles were typical Maruti standard.

There was a piano Black plastic material above the door, which have numerous scratches. Not sure whether it is a standard part of the car or an added accessory. Attaching a photograph of that part.

Rear hatch door is an absolute beauty, with new type of horizontal light arrangement. The hatch couldn't be opened since car battery was completely drained off.

The sunroof was kept open with the sunshade fabric totally rolled inside the housing. I guess NEXA was trying to hide all negative points.

Coming to the interiors, the front driver's seat and co-passenger's seat were nicely contoured and comfortable for long drives. The head rooms in front and rear sitting space are certainly constrained, but I had 4 fingers above me. I am exactly 6 feet tall.

Front facia, instruments console, steering wheel were all good and nothing to complain. I felt the openings of AC vents are little narrow. It may feel like a chilled jet of air rather than a smooth cold breeze from the AC vents. Right and left side AC air vents were not well integrated, looks more like extra/ aftermarket fitments.

Door switches are same Maruti Suzuki standard, with a piano Black panel around them. I am sick of the same switches. Anyway, it keeps down the price of the car (no more as on today).

Rear passenger seat was cramped for 3 adults. The width of GV is 1795 mm (new Brezza is 1790 mm). Though new Brezza is better than earlier Vitara Brezza, still it is not adequate enough for 3 persons in rear bench going for longer duration travel.

Interior plastic quality is Maruti Suzuki standard, nothing special considering the expected/ speculated price premium.

Rear air vent pillar obstructs movement of feet.

There was the battery beneath the co-passenger seat. I could keep my feet inside upto 6 inches+. Persons above 6 feet may feel trouble. I was okay with this.

Biggest issue I found was when I occupy co-passenger's seat. The left wall/ corner of the central console was obstructing by knee. I had to set the seat to almost extreme end of the slider travel. Attaching one photograph below.

We left the showroom with disappointment, couldn't feel anything special about the GV except the beautiful rear hatch area. Hope actual sales units may look and feel better. Need to check driving pleasure and visibility when we actually get the TD. The design was like assembled multiple design elements abruptly without any single design philosophy except adding a panoramic sunroof, soft touch points and dash board part, bigger infotainment. By the way, back side of the infotainment screen is little odd but not bad the way it is portrayed in some of the YouTube reviews.

Dark chrome on front grill would have looked better. Is it possible to ask Maruti Suzuki to change the Chrome shade to darker hue?
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Maruti Grand Vitara to debut on July 20 | Pre-bookings open-img_20220731_152634191.jpg  

2022 Maruti Grand Vitara to debut on July 20 | Pre-bookings open-img_20220731_152320101.jpg  

2022 Maruti Grand Vitara to debut on July 20 | Pre-bookings open-img_20220731_152023172.jpg  

2022 Maruti Grand Vitara to debut on July 20 | Pre-bookings open-img_20220731_150031838.jpg  

Last edited by RijuC : 1st August 2022 at 14:25.
RijuC is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2022, 00:34   #431
VIZ
BHPian

I visited Nexa showroom today at ORR, Bangalore.
Fully Hybrid's boot looked smaller than XUV 300. I understand from Salesperson that boot size for full hybrid and smart hybrid are 250L and 318 L respectively. He also stated GC of 185mm. I was surprised by a fully digital MID in a Maruti car.
I was inclined to book Delta smart-hybrid, but I was disappointed to know that it doesn't have a rear washer. So I am thinking to book Zeta Smart-hybrid.

A major concern I had was safety rating. With just 30kg more than Brezza for a 4.3m car, I was wondering if Maruti compromised on build quality.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Maruti Grand Vitara to debut on July 20 | Pre-bookings open-whatsapp-image-20220801-6.58.33-pm.jpeg  

2022 Maruti Grand Vitara to debut on July 20 | Pre-bookings open-whatsapp-image-20220801-6.57.58-pm.jpeg  

2022 Maruti Grand Vitara to debut on July 20 | Pre-bookings open-whatsapp-image-20220801-6.26.03-pm.jpeg  

2022 Maruti Grand Vitara to debut on July 20 | Pre-bookings open-whatsapp-image-20220802-12.04.37-am.jpeg  

2022 Maruti Grand Vitara to debut on July 20 | Pre-bookings open-whatsapp-image-20220802-12.04.51-am.jpeg  

VIZ is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2022, 11:39   #432
BHPian

Nexa dealer near my place confirmed Vitara will be on display on 12th & 13th Aug in Palace Grounds Nexa. Interested folks in North Bangalore can have a look.
Old 3rd August 2022, 09:31   #433
Distinguished - BHPian

Between Brezza and Grand Vitara, Maruti Suzuki clock 100,000 bookings.

Quote:
Overall, the company has received 75,000 bookings for the Brezza and an additional 26,000 bookings for the Grand Vitara, which is slated to go on sale next month.
Maruti to bring in more SUV styled vehicles with Strong Hybrid being the preferred variant.

Shashank Srivastava, senior executive director, Maruti Suzuki:

Quote:
There is a clear need to strengthen our portfolio in SUVs, which we are doing. We have received very good responses to both Brezza and the Grand Vitara. There are a lot of customer enquiries about the strong hybrid technology,
Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 3rd August 2022 at 09:35.
Old 3rd August 2022, 16:59   #434

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
Ground clearance looks okay, but if driven carelessly on off road trails, one need to be careful to not damage the silencer. Looked like it's the most vulnerably placed part in the underbelly.
Anyone noticed the extremely poor finish of the seams, the seam sealer applied does not even cover the panel joints properly. Very shoddily applied.

Last edited by Aditya : 4th August 2022 at 20:59.
sasmit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2022, 11:12   #435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harshbhat View Post
4. Namesake features but not of a good quality. (360 camera, Heads-up display)
I also feel the same that 360 camera if its not sharp its of no use.
I find Honda camera much more suitable with 3 view options as compared to 360 camera in Maruti.
(Honda camera has grainy quality but you can see what is just below your back bumper )
Even after 360 camera you will not rely on it completely due to it not being very sharp in picture quality, what I feel. People will still use mirrors.

Headsup display without Navigation is waste of efforts by the companies because that is what we see on day to day basis not speed.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks