Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2022, 23:44   #391
BHPian

Re: 2022 Maruti Grand Vitara to debut on July 20 | Pre-bookings open

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Any observations regarding the build quality? Does it feel well built or tinny like the smaller Maruti? Doors thud while shutting?

Thanks.
Doors don't "thud" anymore anyway, if you are looking for the European build quality, but yeah the Grand Vitara isn't tinny either.

I agree 100 percent with Samba's review from an overall perspective.

Nevetheless, it doesn't help to review a car from my perspective, especially after a day when the NGT has pushed down its scrapping of old vehicles directives in West Bengal and I am utterly disturbed about it. That context lends a tunnel vision when I think of the cars we will eventually end up with! So I will nitpick a little bit here.

The classic VW thud has been missing in the more recent models as well, but yeah somewhat the Kushaq (and Slavia) do have that thud a lot better than the Grand Vitara. That said, the doors do feel heavy alright!

My second hibeejibee was with the thick and ostensible fabric stitches and plastic, that do stand out. While the soft touches have been provided alright, the finish was kind of hastily put together.

2022 Maruti Grand Vitara to debut on July 20 | Pre-bookings open-20220728_170106.jpg

2022 Maruti Grand Vitara to debut on July 20 | Pre-bookings open-20220728_165826.jpg

2022 Maruti Grand Vitara to debut on July 20 | Pre-bookings open-20220728_165818.jpg

A third micro-issue is with the one too many switches on the steering and on the door for windows and music system and what not. Brevity and sensibility seems to have left the building, but that's true for many vehicles these days.

And with still more love in my heart for the NGT, the sunroof in India -- does it not make it less energy-efficient when ACs run all the time in the paltry weather? Though I am sure the quantum may be small. But for Grand Vitara, the question of insulation because of the fabric stays in my head.

In terms of space, the boot and the glove box seemed less, and at 5 ft I have never had any problem with leg space anywhere, so

But my irritating nitpicking is still what takes away about 3 points from the car, and I will rate the car a decent 7/10 as well - liked the overall look of the car, the straight-line design, the overall intent to put an insulation everywhere, and what lay under the bonnet.
DogNDamsel12 is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 29th July 2022, 10:23   #392
BHPian

Fantastic detailed coverage, Samba! And thanks for the finer points by DogNDamsel12!

Though I still like the old design of Grand Vitara (when it was my dream car and I didn't have money in my pocket) and now have come out of the Maruti-Tata bondage (my earlier cars), this one with others from the Toyota stable seem to be shaping up the car scenario in the days to come.

Coupled with directives from everyone's apple-of-the-eye, NGT , people either will start buying this or equivalents, or leave buying cars (far fetched, but then I am thinking of the old and elderly with rare running of existing Maruti 800s and Altos for their grocery and medicine trips).

As of now, to me neither Hyryder nor this GV has appealed much, and I am loving my pure ICE Jeep Compass for now. The market needs to mature and PHEVs need to come in (assuming the EV movement will hold steam) for me to think of anything else to drive. The only thing better is the full size spare (my Jeep has a space saver though).

My erstwhile SX4 seemed to be more handsome than this one, with the bits of the dashboard still cropping up in this GV.

Last edited by car-go : 29th July 2022 at 10:26. Reason: minor change
car-go is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th July 2022, 10:35   #393
BHPian

I think it a well balanced product from MS. Looks good, reliable engine and gearbox combination, decent interiors, good fuel efficiency (great with strong hybrid) and is decently loaded. Icing on the cake would be 5 star safety ratings. If MS prices this one right, they have a winner on their hands.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 29th July 2022 at 14:46. Reason: typo edited
Old 29th July 2022, 10:43   #394
BHPian

If Maruti price the Grand Vitara strong hybrid aggressively and find a good number of takers, it will shake up the competition to step into the hybrid space. That will really take the market in a new direction. Keeping fingers crossed.
Old 29th July 2022, 10:51   #395
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.S. View Post
Mumbai folks, received an update this morning from the Andheri E showroom's sales advisor
I was planning to visit the Andheri East showroom over the weekend, thanks for this. I will check with the Kandivali W and post an update here once I hear something from them.
Old 29th July 2022, 10:52   #396
BHPian

Any Scross owners checked the Grand Vitara? Is this flimsier than the Scross?
sinhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2022, 11:08   #397
Distinguished - BHPian

With the interest seen on Strong Hybrid Variant for Grand Vitara, the company is also considering extending the strong hybrids to the upcoming SUV line and even democratizing the technology for its existing models at the right time.

Quote:
A quarter of Maruti Suzuki’s outstanding order book of 3.5 lakh units is from its newly launched models including the Brezza at 70,000 units and the mid-size SUV unveiled 10 days ago, the Grand Vitara which has pre-booking order for 20,000 units.
Quote:
Like any other newer technology, we are happy that consumers are seeing the advantage of higher fuel efficiency strong hybrids have to offer. As they embrace the new technology, our economies of scale will kick in and increase the propensity to scale up such offerings to newer and exiting product lines

Link
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th July 2022, 11:20   #398
BHPian

Another interesting trend to call out in a related article. Maruti, please price it decently.
Quote:
Almost 54 percent of the 13,000 pre-bookings that Maruti Suzuki has received for the Grand Vitara are for the two strong-hybrid variants – Zeta+ and Alpha+ CVT. The company had commenced bookings of its 4.3-metre-long SUV on July 11.

Link
ajayc123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2022, 11:40   #399
BHPian

Wow, these prices are very attractive. These undercut Creta by a lakh. And great pricing for the Strong Hybrid too at well below the 20plus pricing level we had all been fearing. Is this confirmed or speculation by media?

https://www.financialexpress.com/aut...alsharebuttons
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Maruti Grand Vitara to debut on July 20 | Pre-bookings open-70b85728a26e4bb4b69ad588b7e13958.jpeg  

2022 Maruti Grand Vitara to debut on July 20 | Pre-bookings open-3d2fc84a85194b52b06c0d1b37e77767.jpeg  

Last edited by Aditya : 29th July 2022 at 15:36. Reason: Spacing, punctuation, typo
Carzilla is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 29th July 2022, 11:43   #400
BHPian

I have seen many people voicing their concern on how thin the linen on the sunroof is.
Is there any aftermarket solution to it ?

I saw the pictures share above and it would be a real concern especially in the NCR.
SShandilya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2022, 12:04   #401
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carzilla View Post
Wow these prices are very attractive. These undercut Creta by a lac. And great pricing for the Strong Hybrid too at well below the 20plus pricing level we had all been fearing. Is this confirmed or speculation by media.
Wow, this is interesting. Sticker price for strong hybrid starting at 17L looks decent on a standalone basis, but it is still around 3-3.5 L above the weak hybrid variant. So if somebody focussed on breakeven analysis between the two variants, it is hard to justify, but overall it is competitively priced to be alive and kicking on arrival. Surely not DOA like City eHEV.

It would be now interesting to watch out for the pricing 3 strong hybrid variants of HyRyder.

Last edited by ajayc123 : 29th July 2022 at 12:09.
ajayc123 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th July 2022, 12:35   #402
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SShandilya View Post
I have seen many people voicing their concern on how thin the linen on the sunroof is.
Is there any aftermarket solution to it ?

I saw the pictures share above and it would be a real concern especially in the NCR.
Films on the glass are the easiest and simplest solution if you want to reduce the amount of light entering the cabin via the sunroof. Options are numerous - maybe try something between a CR30 and CR70 to suit your taste.
Transmission is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th July 2022, 12:45   #403
BHPian

Quote:
Wow these prices are very attractive. These undercut Creta by a lac. And great pricing for the Strong Hybrid too at well below the 20plus pricing level we had all been fearing. Is this confirmed or speculation by media ?[/url]
These prices do seem like speculation. No other media has reported it and the round figures are a dead give away. Maybe they got the ballpark pricing from some insiders. Most probably this is an educated guess work.
CoolFire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th July 2022, 13:03   #404
BHPian

Quote:
Wow these prices are very attractive. These undercut Creta by a lac. And great pricing for the Strong Hybrid too at well below the 20plus pricing level we had all been fearing. Is this confirmed or speculation by media ?
Though speculative, the markup for AWD feels too much. Somehow Mahindra's ask for a proper 4wd with Scorpio N sounds better than this

Last edited by saurabh041086 : 29th July 2022 at 13:05.
saurabh041086 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2022, 13:04   #405
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolFire View Post
These prices do seem like speculation. No other media has reported it and the round figures are a dead give away. Maybe they got the ballpark pricing from some insiders. Most probably this is an educated guess work.
Thanks for pointing it out. The article says prices are leaked via sources. Any deviations can happen since the price discussions go on till the very last hour. Hope for the best.
ajayc123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks