Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2022, 20:58   #316
BHPian

Re: 2022 Maruti Grand Vitara to debut on July 20 | Pre-bookings open

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketscience View Post
There are no combined max torque figure given in the brochures of either this or Hyryder, just max power is given which is 115 ps.
The torque rating you are referring to is for just the electric motor that's why it says (0-3995 rpm) since that is how high the motor revs, its peak power is also at this exact RPM. They should have released official figures to get rid of this confusion.
I stand corrected. Thanks for pointing that out. Official figures would have been helpful especially when everyone is anxious on the power output of the car.
smilingakash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2022, 21:14   #317
Distinguished - BHPian

To everyone who has seen or will be seeing this vehicle in person, can you please check if the 2nd row middle passenger gets a 3 point seatbelt or just the lap belt. A screenshot shared by my brother doesn't show the seatbelt properly.

2022 Maruti Grand Vitara to debut on July 20 | Pre-bookings open-img20220721wa0013.jpg

2022 Maruti Grand Vitara to debut on July 20 | Pre-bookings open-img_20220722_213156.jpg
The brochure mentions 3 point ELR seatbelts.

Last edited by BoneCollector : 22nd July 2022 at 21:33.
BoneCollector is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2022, 21:43   #318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
To everyone who has seen or will be seeing this vehicle in person, can you please check if the 2nd row middle passenger gets a 3 point seatbelt or just the lap belt. A screenshot shared by my brother doesn't show the seatbelt properly.
It's a lap belt as per YouTube review.

Finally the Competent Automobiles, Sohna road Gurgaon sent me booking details of the Intelligent hybrid despite of my clear instruction for a Smart Hybrid ZETA variant AT of Splendid Silver colour in late evening. On my objection, he informed to change the booking tomorrow. SA name Mr. Kamesh and Mr. Deepak Khatana (sSenior SA).

Last edited by RijuC : 22nd July 2022 at 21:56.
RijuC is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2022, 23:35   #319
BHPian

Hyryder has the spare tyre mounted below the car while Grand Vitara has it inside the boot. Does this mean that the boot space in Hyryder will be more than Grand Vitara?

Last edited by Aditya : 24th July 2022 at 07:56. Reason: Use of acronym (GV)
Old 22nd July 2022, 23:50   #320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a.bhatt View Post
Hyryder has the spare tyre mounted below the car while GV has it inside the boot. Does this mean that the boot space in Hyryder will be more than GV?
No, that is not the case. Strong hybrid variants got the spare wheel under the body where as mild hybrid variants got it in the boot. This is same in both Hyryder and Grand Vitara. There is no difference between both the vehicles, other than the front grill, DRLs, rear led setup and alloys. People still need some time to understand this .

Last edited by Hickstead : 22nd July 2022 at 23:53.
Hickstead is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2022, 12:47   #321

What is the power and torque of Grand Vitara and Hyryder? Is it 115 PS and 141 NM torque or should we add the power from the electric motor too?

Mod Note : Please do NOT use acronyms (e.g. GV, HR, ANHC, MS, T-Fort, etc) when referring to cars or their makers. You are ONLY permitted to use the full Make & Model name. This will make our content useful, searchable & easy-to-understand for experts & newbies alike.

Thanks for the support & understanding

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 23rd July 2022 at 13:02. Reason: Mod Note Inline.
Old 23rd July 2022, 13:09   #322
BHPian

I wish Honda India has a similar approach in reinventing itself. Internationally, it has such a good range of engines, tech and cars available.

There is a serious lack of good decision making. The WR-V is a fantastic car. If only it came with CVT. The Jazz lost its magic seats. There were some big mistakes made.

The eHEV engine is highly promising and I hope it is a start!
landmaster18 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2022, 16:06   #323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driver52001 View Post
Overall, Maruti seems to have woken up. The general reliability, fuss-free ownership of MSIL cars combined with new age gizmos and good build quality would leave no excuse for the masses to skip Maruti's new launches compared to the Asian rivals...
So, Maruti or its parent isn't Asian?!
Attached Images

Last edited by LaRoca : 23rd July 2022 at 16:07.
LaRoca is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2022, 19:32   #324

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vignesh Vee View Post

This is an all-new car built on Suzuki's Global C platform.
The Grand Vitara brochure says it is built on "TECT" platform, which I guess is the same as with Baleno? Am I missing something?
Old 23rd July 2022, 21:43   #325

Thank you for correction, will keep that in mind. And hope to get some insight on the Power / Torque numbers of the hybrid machines as in how it is calculated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnan76 View Post
What is the power and torque of Grand Vitara and Hyryder? Is it 115 PS and 141 NM torque or should we add the power from the electric motor too?

Mod Note : Please do NOT use acronyms (e.g. GV, HR, ANHC, MS, T-Fort, etc) when referring to cars or their makers. You are ONLY permitted to use the full Make & Model name. This will make our content useful, searchable & easy-to-understand for experts & newbies alike.

Thanks for the support & understanding
Old 23rd July 2022, 23:54   #326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anupkumar View Post
The Grand Vitara brochure says it is built on "TECT" platform, which I guess is the same as with Baleno? Am I missing something?
TECT is just an acronym for Total Effective Control Technology used in the marketing material of all or most suzuki cars. Even the S cross brochure says TECT platform but Baleno and S cross are not on the same platform. Also I believe Suzuki never uses the term Global C in any of the marketing materials.
sreejithkk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2022, 00:06   #327
Team-BHP Support

A lot of questions about the Grand Vitara name and whether the new one does justice to the high benchmark left by the old Grand Vitara.

I'm not sure how many exactly remember the Grand Vitara for what it was! Sharing a snapshot of the brochure I have from 2007.

2022 Maruti Grand Vitara to debut on July 20 | Pre-bookings open-screenshot-20210522-8.53.03-pm.jpeg

The Grand Vitara was a crossover in the 4.4m space with a 119.5 bhp, 170Nm engine. Considering the weight - it had 74.5 bhp/ton and 106 Nm/ton. The defining features of this car - petrol only with all-time 4-mode 4*4.

Now that is the exact formula Maruti has stuck to - in 2022. Defining features are still an under powered petrol (+hybrid) motor and AWD. The only problem I see is that they have stuck too close to the formula without moving on! The power to weight and torque to weight are similar to what was once considered underwhelming more than a decade ago!

The real change - this time they are playing the FE advantage and the market is more receptive of petrols and hybrids.

When the Grand Vitara was discontinued - most people actually said good riddance (our old threads can be fun), but it was much later that people started appreciating the capabilities of the vehicle. This one can be a blockbuster, hopefully, with the right pricing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
Thus:
Power to Weight ratio of the AWD version at kerb weight: 81.74 PS/Ton
Torque to Weight ratio of the AWD, at kerb weight: 108.73 Nm/Ton
Many have rightly mentioned that the target customers may not be enthusiasts. True!

But not sure how many actually do realize that the above figures are the absolute worst in the entire Maruti Suzuki lineup, barring the Alto 800 and Eeco?

On paper figures aside - The new Brezza 1.5 MT was a terrible disappointment on the highway. 3000rpm at 100kmph is just not done, and 80-100 kmph, there is no pull despite such short gearing. Hope they have sorted that in the Grand Vitara.

The pure hybrid is the only one I'm looking forward to driving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anupkumar View Post
TECT stands for Total Effective Control Technology. It is Suzuki speak for their crash energy absorption and dispersion design. Somewhat similar to ACE from Honda.

Heartect on the other hand is the infamous platform on the Baleno and others.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 24th July 2022, 00:40   #328
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaRoca View Post
So, Maruti or its parent isn't Asian?!
My bad. Forgot to add "other" before Asian rivals. Will ask the English teacher for a refund now that a new one is likely hired.
driver52001 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th July 2022, 04:45   #329
BANNED

For me, it's the pricing that matters most now, how far from the Brezza are they going to price the 1.5L Mild Hybrid and especially the price difference between the Brezza AT and the Grand Vitara AT. The hybrid versions are sure to priced on the higher side.
itsmeparvathy9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2022, 10:52   #330
BHPian

Seems like the "Grand Vitara" is already in the showroom. Saw this video where the car was on display at NEXA Rajouri Garden, New Delhi (Contact: Deepak -- 99969 71444)

Src -
vijay.s is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks