Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2022, 12:49   #271
BHPian

Re: 2022 Maruti Grand Vitara to debut on July 20 | Pre-bookings open

GV looks better with that blacked out grille. I’d probably go ahead and remove that thick chrome borders too to make it look sportier.
Hoping for a sensible pricing. Creta SX(O) 1.5CVT retails at 20.6 lakh on road Trivandrum. Can they undercut the Hyundai by more than 2 lakhs for the mild hybrid top end automatic?
Old 21st July 2022, 12:57   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnoBloop View Post
Yup buddy, I know this mileage is for the strong hybrid variant. I was just confused if this claimed mileage of 28km/L is the maximum achievable mileage or an average? Basically, would we get this mileage in real life conditions?
I usually managed to get 70% of the ARAI value in my city driving, that was for pure ICE cars, with this being a hybrid, we should definitely expect something over 22kmpl in city driving, especially since a few people have reported getting 20-22 in the city with the Honda City Hybrid.
Turbolove is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2022, 13:29   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejithkk View Post
That is the ARAI certified mileage. Having better FE is the whole point of having a strong hybrid. Honda city hybrid has a claimed mileage of 27 kmpl. Every model sold in India comes with an ARAI certified FE figure usually which is a lot different from real world average. Whether some one can achieve ARAI FE or not is a different question. I can get the same on diesel engine in highway condition but never on a petrol vehicle. However usually the strong hybrid cars provide an FE close to the claimed figure in city conditions (where usually FE takes a hit on non-hybrid cars) because engine is not always on. Recent autocar test for Honda city hybrid mentions that the real world FE is very close to the claimed FE.
I haven't seen much cases where the City Hybrid has achieved a mileage of 27km/L in daily drives. It's better to trust ownership reviews than what Auto Youtubers post! The most common mileage numbers I have come across for the City Hybrid is 16-20km/L (daily drives).

Quote:
I usually managed to get 70% of the ARAI value in my city driving, that was for pure ICE cars, with this being a hybrid, we should definitely expect something over 22kmpl in city driving, especially since a few people have reported getting 20-22 in the city with the Honda City Hybrid.

22km/L in city drives is a good mileage, but will it be worth spending those extra bucks is the biggest question!
I hope what Maruti claims will also translate into real life.
But yes, mileage in a strong hybrid will always be better. Petrol engines have the performance, but mileage will always be on the lesser side.

Last edited by TechnoBloop : 21st July 2022 at 13:40.
Old 21st July 2022, 13:39   #274
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara Panoramic Sunroof teased.

Attachment 2334646

Link
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbaiker View Post
The All Grip has the option to choose Snow. Really? why would someone in India want a snow mode. We need a pothole mode.
Actually we need Both - Snow mode and Snow with pothole mode

Is the GV historically known to be a tough rugged car? For a person that has owned a hard core off-roader like an older Thar or Gypsy and does not do hard-core off-roading but still has a rough and hard driving style to match the barebones frugal solid axle Jeep-sy's is this a good option? For example I enjoy complete peace of mind taking potholes at +50kmph where other cars crawl at 5-10kmph and wondering if I need to switch to a more luxury vehicle. I am thinking remotely along the lines that - After all the Internet is littered with regular cars touring places like Leh-Ladhak so why stick to a very bare-bones frugal type of car? The clutch driven AWD makes it an option to consider at least on paper.

Thanks
Old 21st July 2022, 13:45   #275
BHPian

Does anyone know about the milestone dates in the near future?

Price reveal date
Media drive date
***** tbhp review publish date
Delivery start date

This long launch cycle is turning out to be pretty boring and exhausting. Yawn.

Last edited by ajayc123 : 21st July 2022 at 13:56.
ajayc123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2022, 13:53   #276
Distinguished - BHPian

Everyone skeptical about the mileage, please read this post by DBHPian KPS (What is your Actual Fuel Efficiency?). The car in question is a Toyota Camry Hybrid. The company claimed mileage is around 22kmpl for Camry Hybrid. I feel that Grand Vitara/Hyryder Hybrid with a claimed mileage of 27.97kmpl may give even over that. Real world mileage may hover between 20kmpl for heavy foot drives and 30kmpl.

Last edited by BoneCollector : 21st July 2022 at 13:57.
Old 21st July 2022, 13:56   #277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Somehow I love the old looks, at least external (though this is subjective; beauty in the eyes of the beholder) . It was once my dream car. But then, the proposition of HEV itself, with AWD et al thrown into the mix, is awesome. Maruti Suzuki has been always at the top of service (had my SX4 for 13 long years).
car-go is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2022, 15:01   #278
BHPian

Looks like a long wait. Please see the email I received from Nexa showroom.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Maruti Grand Vitara to debut on July 20 | Pre-bookings open-img_20220721_150014.jpg  

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 22nd July 2022 at 03:24. Reason: A word
Latebloomer is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 21st July 2022, 15:33   #279
th2
BHPian

Any information on the ground clearance of these vehicles? The brochures don’t seem to have it.
Old 21st July 2022, 15:54   #280
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by th2 View Post
Any information on the ground clearance of these vehicles? The brochures don’t seem to have it.
At least 180mm, it should be anywhere between 180mm and 210mm. No official figure though!
Old 21st July 2022, 17:07   #281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
They should have started with: "Kitna Deti Hain"

I hope this is not due to quality of sheet metal used, which may eventually impact safety ratings.
At least I feel the Safety ratings would be better than a few non kitna deti hai ones in the competition.
The Non Kitna deti hain ones aren't able to provide adequate safety they are still in to the plastics/interiors and chinese car like features.
Old 21st July 2022, 17:25   #282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by invidious View Post
Good one. Not a fan of the Entertainment unit jutting out of the top - prefer it to be integrated. Wish instead of gimmicks like Heads up display - something more practical like Ventilated seats were given.
The heads up display (HUD) is the future . Already integrators and OEMs are thinking to use HUDs for Augmented reality stuff especially for navigation where the left or right pointers would be displayed on the HUD to the driver during a turn by turn navigation.

So HUDs are here to stay and I see them getting bigger and better. Good to see Maruti Suzuki being an early adopter of HUDs though with very limited capabilities now. But possibilities will keep on increasing.
harbinder_s is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st July 2022, 17:49   #283
th2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmeparvathy9 View Post
At least 180mm, it should be anywhere between 180mm and 210mm. No official figure though!
Given Bangalore's speed breakers and potholes in general, GC is one of the first things I look for. Surprising it has not been mentioned. Hope it is of a reasonable amount.
Old 21st July 2022, 18:05   #284
Distinguished - BHPian

First Look video: (Strong Hybrid)

Last edited by volkman10 : 21st July 2022 at 18:09.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2022, 20:27   #285
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickstead View Post
...The sunroof shade is very transparent and allows light and heat even when the roof is closed. Don't understand what they are thinking while designing the sunroof
Any decent road side accessories shop would do a sun film for about 1000/- bucks I believe
swiftnfurious is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks