Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2022, 11:30   #61
BHPian

Re: June 2022 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
I got an update few days back that Tata mid size SUV (code name black bird) is scheduled for 2023 launch.
Yes, blackbird will come with a petrol engine as well. And then there is Curvv on the rumor mills for a similar sized EV.
Tata Motors currently are not focusing on Hybrids albeit they do have the lead in EV segment in India.
Infra may take a little while to catchup and with competition foraying into Hybrids, I would love to see our own Tata moving in this direction as well.
Old 15th July 2022, 20:23   #62
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
But to my eyes, they are not taking care of the fundamentals. No work on the engine/tranny front. Persistent QC issues. Service centres that are overwhelmed. And a belief they can bide time till they jump straight into BEVs.
Yes, the numbers are not function of the product quality, but their supply chain,
Almost all manufacturers have lang waiting period and TATA is able to deliver quickest, So a fraction of their sales is drop offs from Creta / Sonet / XUV

In a fair world with even delivering capability, their journey will not be so smooth
Asoon is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th July 2022, 13:03   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post

]
The Skoda & VW 2.0 figures are quite interesting, has Skoda been doing something right with their Slavia and Kushaq compared to VW with the Taigun and Virtus?

More importantly looking at the charts, It makes me wonder on the fate of the Octavia given its seemingly dwindling numbers, a simple case of prioritising managing limited kits/parts? or is it now a genuine lack of demand for the Octavia?
Old 17th July 2022, 17:08   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
The Skoda & VW 2.0 figures are quite interesting, has Skoda been doing something right with their Slavia and Kushaq compared to VW with the Taigun and Virtus?

More importantly looking at the charts, It makes me wonder on the fate of the Octavia given its seemingly dwindling numbers, a simple case of prioritising managing limited kits/parts? or is it now a genuine lack of demand for the Octavia?
Octavia now looks like Slavia plus. It lost the unique look when Slavia adopted the same styling.
Old 19th July 2022, 23:34   #65
BHPian

With waiting period stretching many months, most companies would be dispatching cars to their maximum capacity each months. For example, in case of Hyundai, there is not much variation in numbers from Jan 2022 to June 2022. So for brands and models which are in high demand, I think these figures are a reflection of the logistics efficiency of the company.
Old 20th July 2022, 05:41   #66
BANNED

I should say KIA have done a great job with their lineup with their mass-market cars (Seltos, Carens, Sonet) all selling over 7000 units last month. they are now the 5th largest in terms of domestic sales as well. The fact that they have done this in less than 3 years from their arrival in India is a true testimony that their products are well received by the market.
itsmeparvathy9 is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks