Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2022, 19:02   #16
Team-BHP Support

Re: June 2022 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis

Jeep sell only 872 Compass's, 1091 Wranglers, 0 Meridians. Looks very profitable but bit odd!!!
Old 11th July 2022, 19:08   #17
Senior - BHPian

Did know the Nissan Kicks is still on sale in India. Doing 184 nos. is not bad given how bad the launch went. Very happy for TATA, they are the ones that are consistently doing well for the last few months and I hope that continues.
Old 11th July 2022, 19:49   #18
BHPian

Škoda Kushaq and Slavia, handily beating the Taigun and Virtus. The goal IIRC was 5k for each brand for the MQB-A0-IN platform and neither of them are meeting it consistently. The trend seems to be downward in fact , especially for VW.

At the rate this is going (missing features, bad design decisions e.g AC and over optimistic pricing), the India 2.0 project may end up remaining an Enthusiast only project and not help VAG break into the mainstream. Especially with Toyota-Suzuki coming into this segment. I hope VAG management is working furiously on updated 2023 models which fix these teething issues and update the feature list, to make them more competitive. Tata did this brilliantly with the Harrier and has been reaping the benefits of listening to customer feedback and updating the models quickly.
Silverfire is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 11th July 2022, 20:11   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChetanM6 View Post
There is a small typo in the sales under Jeep. The 1071 units are for Meridian I assume instead of the Wrangler.
source: https://www.carwale.com/news/india-c...sed-june-2022/
Corrected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoiseNhare View Post
Jeep Wrangler dispatched 1071 in June. Bravo! Or is that the Meridian's number?

Edit: Got the answer from ChethanM6.
Corrected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoSphere View Post
I believe, Wagon-R the leader has been missed out in the top-20?
Corrected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Jeep sell only 872 Compass's, 1091 Wranglers, 0 Meridians. Looks very profitable but bit odd!!!
Corrected. Thanks.
Aditya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th July 2022, 20:44   #20
Senior - BHPian

VW: 25 Polo's - who are the lucky ones who managed to get it still? Taigun numbers are really bad, especially compared to Kushaq.

Skoda: Good month for Skoda with highest ever sales. Funny the way number shifts between Superb and Octavia. When one goes up other goes down, guess its the way they are managing the supply as we have many in the forum who are still waiting for their cars.

Jeep: Good start by Meridian and hope it stays like that and does reduce in coming months. Still better as Compass numbers have not gone down.

MG: Astor really not making an impact as expected, mainly considering the quality of interiors it has.

Toyota: The lesser said about Fortuner is better. It is turning out as a good investment option.
sunikkat is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 11th July 2022, 21:11   #21
Senior - BHPian

3100+ Fortuners

Damn!!! This thing will sell in 4 digits even if priced at 70L I feel.

Last edited by SoumenD : 11th July 2022 at 21:12.
SoumenD is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 12th July 2022, 00:21   #22
BHPian

Very interesting month-

1. Skoda is doing something right with the Slavia and Kushaq as compared to VW with the Taigun and Virtus, though i will anyday prefer the VW twins.

2. Nexon at 14k might be the highest ever. Do not think Tata in their wildest dreams would have imagined such numbers from the car. Safari- Harrier duo consistently selling 5k a month, which is great i feel, given the product limitations (no petrol) and red-hot competition (XUV7OO). But how many customers are buying them because of the 7OO's wait times? Only time will tell. tata would hope that by the time Mahindra manages to meet demand, they will have the Harrier-Safari facelifts along with the petrol engine ready. Even Punch at 10k units is surprising. Imagine how much it will do if it gets better engines? 20k easy.

3. This folks is a boom like no other. As compared to June 2021, prices across all brands is around 5-7% higher, but sales for June 2022 are 15% higher How long will this boom last?

4. Carens doing ~8000 units is just what the doctor ordered. It is a no nonsense, practical, spacious, feature loaded car, and deserves to sell well.

5. Meridian off to a flying start. Old Compass owners upgrading i feel. WIll be interesting to see what number it settles at after a few months

6. Honda= still struggling to stay relevant in India

7. I do not see Nissan being in India for long if it only has 1 model to sell. Magnite accounts for over 95% of its sales. Atleast Renault has 3 decently selling models.

8. Not sure how long Skoda will keep the Octavia on for sale in India. Even BHPians have stopped buying i guess. That segment is all but dead, and the Superb anyways sell equal or more than the Octavia.

9. Hilux is a flop. Understandably so, being a niche lifestyle vehicle.

10. A year ago, Maruti had a 50% share of the market, which has dwindled to 38%. In fact, in a month where total auto sales have risen 15% YoY, they are the only brand whose absolute sales have declined YoY. Everyone is gaining at Maruti's expense it seems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
3100+ Fortuners
Fortuner is still averaging around 2000 units for May- June, which also has been their monthly average number for quite some time. The boost in June might be due to the fact that plant was closed for half of May. The CKD kits might have been already there for the month, which got assembled and despatched in June? Possible? Let us see how July shapes up
achyutaghosh is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 12th July 2022, 06:28   #23
BHPian

Tata Nexon selling 14000 units and punch selling 10000 units every month is fantastic
If Tata launches Nexon and punch Cng it's monthly sales will increase a lot.
Waiting for Tata to launch Creta and City Rival, Which will get Tata at no 2 position easily.
I don't think brezza will have any effect on Nexon sales.
SanjayW is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2022, 06:53   #24
Team-BHP Support

Holy! Tata’s numbers are really good! From 24,000 units in Jun 21 to 45,000 units in Jun 22. Commendable feat. And the numbers are only increasing. Slowly but surely they’ll displace Hyundai as the second best seller in the market. Way to go Tata!
Gannu_1 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 12th July 2022, 07:07   #25
BANNED

S-Presso : Is dual-jet coming? No dispatches in June.

Renault: Triber doing well and Kiger picked up. Triber turbo is not coming. People should realize 1lt is decent enough for sedate driving.

Nissan: Should increase dispatches.

Santro: Poor soul.
Old 12th July 2022, 10:19   #26
Senior - BHPian

Vehicle retail sales increase by 27% in June 2022

According to the data released by the Federation of Automobile Dealers Associations (FADA), vehicle retail sales increased by 27% in June 2022, compared to the same month last year.

June 2022 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis-1.jpg

Overall sales for the month of June 2022 stood at 15,50,855 units, compared to 12,19,657 units in June 2021. However, compared to June 2019, when 16,98,324 units were sold, total vehicle retails have dropped by 8.68%.

June 2022 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis-2.jpg

The passenger vehicle segment continued to see robust growth during the month. An increase in wholesale is an indicator of improved semiconductor availability. There was healthy demand but waiting period, especially for SUVs continues to remain high.

June 2022 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis-3.jpg

Tractor sales increased by 9.66%, from 52,289 units in June 2021 to 57,340 units.

Two-wheeler sales increased by 20.23% to 11,19,096 units from 9,30,825 units in June 2021.

June 2022 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis-4.jpg

Three-wheeler sales were up by 212.45% in June 2022. 46,040 units were sold, compared to 14,735 units in June 2021.

Passenger vehicle sales increased by 40.15% compared to the previous year. 2,60,683 units were sold last month, compared to 1,85,998 units in June 2021.

Commercial vehicle sales increased by 89.04%. 67,696 units were sold in June 2022, compared to 35,810 units in the previous year.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 12th July 2022 at 10:24.
TusharK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th July 2022, 12:18   #27
BHPian

Maruti's market share is surely depreciating at the cost of Tata and Hyundai/Kia. Skoda above VW seems to be a surprise.

Just a suggestion to the moderators to add a Market Share percentage Trend Line Chart for the year. It would be interesting to notice the rise and fall of the numbers across brands.
Madrasin_selvan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th July 2022, 12:47   #28
BHPian

Creta sales has shot up. It's the highest in the recent months. There's an increase in the i20 and Venue sales too. Hyundai sales are mostly from the profitable onces. Creta is the indisputable king of the segment. Let's see if the hyryder and grand vitara can do something about it. This segment would be interesting to watch in the next few months.

Nexon remains the best selling SUV. I believe the EV counterparts helped with the difference in number from the venue. I think we should only consider ICE variants here. EV isn't mainstream yet.

I am surprised with Punch doing so well with just the 3 cylinder 1.2NA engine. I suppose tata would not bring a 4 cylinder 1.2NA ever. Is there any R&D even going on in Tata?

Mahindra deserves more sales. The scorpioN will make sure it happens. Now that the XUV700 sales are over 5k every month, I realize it has been single handedly dethroning the harrier twins. I hope they increase the production lines to 8k per month.
Benoit is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th July 2022, 20:01   #29
BHPian

Big jump in Kona EV dispatches.

Coincidentally I have been getting calls from Hyundai sales folks offering discounts on the Kona. Is Hyundai trying to get rid of all the CKD kits to make space for the facelift's arrival given that we are the only country yet to receive the facelift?
shyampsunder is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2022, 20:42   #30
Senior - BHPian

Tata needs to pull up its socks. This opinion of mine might seem strange but what I believe is, with more offerings in Creta/ Seltos space what with Strong Hybrid Toyota Hyrider and it's Maruti counterpart. They may compete with Creta but they could garner sales from those who wouldnt want to by Creta/ Seltos, thereby looking at Harrier. But a red herring here for this line of argument is, petrol + hybrid cost almost same as that of diesel.��

My belief is, TaMo should enter the now competitive Creta space, and have presence in dlesel CS and Sedan space as soon as possible. If not, these hard earned gains would vanish in a couple of years.

Also, TaMo should enter this hybrid space. Though I think this is not going to be because of its full focus on EV market, I wish they enter this hybrid space too.

By the way, any one dreamt of hybrid diesels???

Last edited by simplyself : 12th July 2022 at 20:51.
simplyself is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks