Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2022, 10:10   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Mahindra XUV700 all-wheel drive variants recalled

XUV7OO AWD owners please take note :-

Mahindra has issued a recall of select AWD variants for an inspection of the propeller shaft bolts and to replace them.

Mahindra XUV700 all-wheel drive variants recalled-img_20220708_095839_158.jpg

It is considered as a critical service action and is to be done immediately. Do get your AWDs inspected by your service centers for this recall as soon as possible.
RavenAvi is offline   (44) Thanks
Old 8th July 2022, 16:07   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Mahindra XUV700 all-wheel drive variants recalled

Mahindra XUV700 all-wheel drive variants recalled - Post moved to a new thread.
Aditya is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th July 2022, 22:32   #3
BHPian

Would be interesting to know how many AWD's are sold before this recall is made. With the waiting times only getting longer day by day, not sure when the "first iteration" would be over for XUV to settle in terms of Quality checks.
Old 11th July 2022, 12:03   #4

True that. The problem is, it's not that there is one type of niggle or issue. Various owners have pointed out different issues.

Mine has fogging issue. All the 8 glass areas get fogged when the car has not moved for a day or two. The fog disappears soon with ac on. But there is this smell which remains and i am worried about that. Any one who has faced the same issue? How can I get it rectified?
Old 11th July 2022, 17:18   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
XUV7OO AWD owners please take note :-

Mahindra has issued a recall of select AWD variants for an inspection of the propeller shaft bolts and to replace them.

It is considered as a critical service action and is to be done immediately. Do get your AWDs inspected by your service centers for this recall as soon as possible.
Thank you for the update shared. I have the AWD variant but haven't received any communication yet. Will check with service center. Any idea how is the recall communication being shared with the impacted owners? Is it through email / Phone calls?

Last edited by Sheel : 19th July 2022 at 08:36. Reason: Grammatical error. Thanks.
Old 15th July 2022, 23:28   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunfyre View Post
Thank you for the update shared. I have the AWD variant but haven't received any communication yet. Will check with service center. Any idea how is the recall communication being shared with the impacted owners? Is it through email / Phone calls?
Apologies for the late reply. Saw your post just now.

Not sure if they have emailed or called up impacted owners. You can try checking from Mahindra's official page for Service Actions by entering your registered Mobile number & the last 8 digits of your vehicle's VIN number:-

https://auto.mahindra.com/service-action

Or you can just visit your nearest service center and get confirmation on the same.

BHPian abirnale got his AX7L AT AWD checked recently. Thankfully his AWD variant isn't listed for this service action.

Quote:
I was curious to see if they have the AWD propeller shaft bolt re-torque to be done on Red Sparkle.

Generally when the job card is created, we get to see the mandatory checks/ recall instructions or recall actions if any. Red Sparkle did not show anything to do with AWD and Propeller Shaft bolts etc. In fact zero recalls/ service actions. Regardless, I asked the entire underbody to be checked, all bolts to be re-torqued including the propeller shafts.
I think it is limited to AWDs from certain production batches only, and it's not for all AWDs produced.

Last edited by Sheel : 19th July 2022 at 08:36. Reason: Quoted post edited. Thanks.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2022, 09:48   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by appupandya View Post
Mine has fogging issue. All the 8 glass areas get fogged when the car has not moved for a day or two. The fog disappears soon with ac on. But there is this smell which remains and i am worried about that. Any one who has faced the same issue? How can I get it rectified?
Looks like the leatherite or some plastic is emitting VOCs (volatile organic compounds) when exposed to heat and uv. Best to take up the matter with Mahindra.
reppy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2022, 10:33   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by appupandya View Post

Not a permanent solution but try leaving slight gaps on one or two (opposing) windows so that the humidity is not getting trapped. But fogging may be common during heavy monsoon and your car is parked in the open.
Guna is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2022, 01:19   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Not a permanent solution but try leaving slight gaps on one or two (opposing) windows so that the humidity is not getting trapped. But fogging may be common during heavy monsoon and your car is parked in the open.
It's happening since pre monsoons. Took it to the service centre and they are unable to solve the issue
Old 19th July 2022, 01:22   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppy View Post
Looks like the leatherite or some plastic is emitting VOCs (volatile organic compounds) when exposed to heat and uv. Best to take up the matter with Mahindra.
I too feel it's due to heat! Took it to the service centre but they are not taking it seriously.

Feel helpless after trusting an Indian car manufacturer for my 2.5 millions
Old 19th July 2022, 06:17   #11
BHPian

Best to click pics and tweet about it with Anand Mahindra tagged I guess. You can shoot an email to them also with dealer in cc.
reppy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks