Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2023, 12:09   #181
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rumour: Tata Harrier mid-life facelift in the works; could get ADAS & Petrol engine option

Are there any tentative timelines on when the new version would be launched? Can't seem to locate a date from the thread.
Old 22nd May 2023, 13:44   #182
BHPian

Re: Rumour: Tata Harrier mid-life facelift in the works; could get ADAS & Petrol engine option

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
Are there any tentative timelines on when the new version would be launched? Can't seem to locate a date from the thread.
As per ACI, tentative date is October 2023 for facelift launch.
ergon_9700 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2023, 19:23   #183
Senior - BHPian

India-bound Tata Safari facelift spotted in South Korea

The new Tata Safari and Harrier facelifts have been spotted multiple times on Indian roads. But now, the 7-seater Safari SUVs have been spotted for the first time in South Korea. The upcoming Tata Safari facelift was seen on the Gyeongbu Expressway.

On the outside, we can see heavy camouflage on the car. That said, the test mules spotted in India look quite similar. The front now gets new design vertical headlamps and an updated grille. We can also see camouflage covers on the wheels, which could mean that Tata has equipped the Safari with new design alloys.

On the inside, the new Safari facelift will most likely carry the existing feature set. These could include the ADAS suite, 360-degree camera and ventilated front and middle row seats (captain seat version). The car will also get a panoramic sunroof and a 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment system.

Tata is likely to offer the same 2.0-litre diesel engine. This unit makes 168 BHP and 350 Nm of peak torque. It is paired with a 6-speed manual and a 6-speed automatic gearbox.

Rumour: Tata Harrier mid-life facelift in the works; could get ADAS & Petrol engine option-harrierfaceliftsouthkorea1.jpg

Rumour: Tata Harrier mid-life facelift in the works; could get ADAS & Petrol engine option-harrierfaceliftsouthkorea2.jpg

Source - Autospy

Link to the Team-BHP News

Last edited by blackwasp : 22nd May 2023 at 19:35.
blackwasp is online now   (14) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2023, 20:06   #184
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
India-bound Tata Safari facelift spotted in South Korea

The new Tata Safari and Harrier facelifts have been spotted multiple times on Indian roads. But now, the 7-seater Safari SUVs have been spotted for the first time in South Korea. The upcoming Tata Safari facelift was seen on the Gyeongbu Expressway.
Interesting! The conspiracy theory loving child in me wonders - is the facelift coming with "FULL" ADAS? The one with lane keeping assist?

Why I ask is, Hyundai MOBIS is one of the leading electric power steering makers in the world. Tata already uses Hyundai's AT systems. Perhaps now partnering to use Hyundai MOBIS made electric power steerings (which are generally needed for software controlled steering assistance etc)?

That would explain the car being tested in South Korea.
Reinhard is offline   (30) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2023, 20:47   #185
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post

That would explain the car being tested in South Korea.
More so because they would source their ADAS from a South Korean supplier who is also supplying to another Pune manufacturer already.
audioholic is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2023, 16:12   #186
BHPian

The vertical slot at the edge of rear bumper is identical to Harrier EV from auto expo and different from other safari facelift spy pictures.
AntPaul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2023, 09:12   #187
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata Harrier facelift test mule spotted yet again in Bengaluru.

Rumour: Tata Harrier mid-life facelift in the works; could get ADAS & Petrol engine option-smartselect_20230526091144_instagram.jpg
Venkatesh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th June 2023, 22:36   #188

Tata Safari Facelift spied with sequential turn indicators!!!
What else do you reckon will be added to the changes?:

Source: Motor Octane
https://www.instagram.com/p/CtHFTJ5P...c4MTIwNjQ2YQ==
Attached Thumbnails
Rumour: Tata Harrier mid-life facelift in the works; could get ADAS & Petrol engine option-476100c025124586b4c9f2c13718e08e.jpeg  

Rumour: Tata Harrier mid-life facelift in the works; could get ADAS & Petrol engine option-fcb813363a01408a9f89fe129aedddc3.jpeg  

Rumour: Tata Harrier mid-life facelift in the works; could get ADAS & Petrol engine option-44fc7c571b3640938f2e46e7881a2f26.jpeg  

Behindthewheels is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 6th June 2023, 11:50   #189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vredesbyrd View Post
We don't need ADAS! We need AWD! Get that right, Tata clowns!

They have the perfect platform for it (D8), they have the AWD parts lying around too. Why won't they do it?!
Quoting this 2018 article by ACI.

Quote:
It’s learned that packaging the Fiat engine for an all-wheel drive setup in the Land Rover platform would require major re-engineering – specifically, modifying the position of the propeller shaft. Given the high costs involved with making such a change and the low demand for all-wheel drive SUVs in the segment, Tata Motors has no immediate plans to launch an AWD version of the Harrier.
They know what they are doing. And I am sure an AWD will make its way once there is enough demand.
ashutoshb is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 6th June 2023, 14:41   #190
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
They know what they are doing. And I am sure an AWD will make its way once there is enough demand.
Fair enough, although I think TaMo has missed the AWD bus for ICE cars big time & I don't see them trying to jump on it after it has already left the platform.

If we look at the current order book & waiting lists of the THAR, JIMNY, XUV700 & ScorpioN - I think even a river-bed rock will wake up and say "There is demand for AWD". They've made a hash of it by taking "real" SUV "pedigree" and launching it all as a full-FWD line-up. In my humble opinion i.e. Maybe they've done their calculations, cost-benefit analysis etc & decided that its fine to let go of that % of sales, and focus on the currently achieved profits instead. Very content management staff I must say .

Also - I honestly don't buy into this "major re-engineering of platform for installing AWD with FIAT engine" talk. It cannot be such a big deal that a car maker literally drops a HOT market segment altogether. Its a purely commercial decision IMHO. If one wants to do something in engineering - nothing is impossible at all. If they aren't able to do it - I have my doubts then about TaMo's engineering skills! In fact it will be laughable if they went ahead with the engine-chassis combination KNOWING it cannot be AWD ready at all. (And this - exactly is the reason for which I have always felt - AWD Harrier / Safari (and even Nexon) - were MUST. Just to put it out on the table, that we can do it - and the cars can manage it. Whether you buy it or not. Pulls more people to the showroom - fine if they buy the FWD version. Still more sales.)

Last edited by Reinhard : 6th June 2023 at 15:02.
Reinhard is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th June 2023, 17:27   #191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Fair enough, although I think TaMo has missed the AWD bus for ICE cars big time & I don't see them trying to jump on it after it has already left the platform.
Fully agree with what you have said.

I don't remember the interview, but I do remember the Tata Motors exec saying that they don't think the market share/demand of a 4WD is enough to warrant the expense required.

But, they are talking about AWD in the dual-motor Harrier EV, so that's something positive.
ashutoshb is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2023, 19:45   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Tata Harrier, Safari facelifts coming by October 2023.

Attachment 2437149

Source
Any confirmed reports/news on the petrol engine? Planning for an upgrade to an SUV with AT. Awaiting the 5 door Thar too. But personally like the Harrier more. With a petrol engine hoping that it also falls in my budget
Nitthari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2023, 13:08   #193
BHPian

Wish Tata had plonked a nice 2.0 litre Petrol Turbo in this, 1.5 litre petrol planned for this is too small for the size of the vehicle where it will require to ferry 7 people often.

With 2.0 litre petrol it would have been a default option for people looking for a 7 seater with a powerful motor considering the last row of seats are better than XUV7OO.

Last edited by Axe77 : 8th June 2023 at 14:58. Reason: Punctuation and spellings
abaliga is online now   (2) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 8th June 2023, 15:38   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaliga View Post
Wish Tata had plonked a nice 2.0 litre Petrol Turbo in this, 1.5 litre petrol planned for this is too small for the size of the vehicle where it will require to ferry 7 people often.

With 2.0 litre petrol it would have been a default option for people looking for a 7 seater with a powerful motor considering the last row of seats are better than XUV7OO.
True. With a 2.0 petrol you can have an effortless drive.

But Honda is using a 1.5 turbo petrol in the CR-V in the US. Which I heard is alright. So, with advantage of a light engine and decent output for it (in Tata's engine it is producing 170hp(same as the diesel) and 280Nm of torque), it can give a better power to weight ratio which makes it give a good driving experience.
ergon_9700 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 8th June 2023, 17:14   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitthari View Post
Any confirmed reports/news on the petrol engine? Planning for an upgrade to an SUV with AT. Awaiting the 5 door Thar too. But personally like the Harrier more. With a petrol engine hoping that it also falls in my budget
I'm in 100%same criteria. Watching xuv700 ax 5 seater too. If the scorpio waiting was low, would've got that already. Therefore QUOTE me on any updates. Gotta know fellow carguy's choice and reason.
Error402 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks