Old 1st June 2023, 17:25   #511
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda's new SUV for India | EDIT: Named Elevate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Honda Elevate spotted alongside Vezel.

Attachment 2457570

Link
Clearly it looks a shade larger than the Vezel/HR-V from Asean markets. As I keep reading this will be a global model launch, this will not be WR-V/BR-V and will be more premium offering(I hope so). Can't wait to see what Honda has in store for us on 6th
rajshenoy is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 1st June 2023, 20:18   #512
Distinguished - BHPian

New details of Honda Elevate from the Japanese media:

- Global compact SUV to be produced in India and exported to various countries
- The body size has not been revealed. It is expected to be one size smaller than VEZEL.
- "ELEVATE" is trademarked in India and trademark filed in Japan
- Import and sales to Japan, sales are expected in the first half of 2024

Quote:
This was a spy shot with the brake light on. The high-mount stop lamp located above the back window and the rear combination lamp are lit only on the left and right vertical lines.
Honda's new SUV for India | EDIT: Named Elevate-screenshot-20230601-200325.png

Quote:
The rear side window is wide on the Vezel and can be opened and closed in most of the rear door width except for the door handle.
On the other hand, the Elevate adopts a general structure, and the design is also adopted as a lower model.

The rear side window of the elevate can probably be opened and closed only in the first half of the rear door width, and the rear bench glass of the fix window is used in the second half. In addition, the C-pillar is slightly thicker, but the rear quarter glass does not seem to be adopted. Compared to the Vezel, the oblique rear view may not be good.
Link
volkman10 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 1st June 2023, 20:27   #513
BHPian

The Vezel itself if the size of the Creta. Now Honda wants to do something smaller so late and expect it to crack the market.

Ideally, they should have just launched the Vezel here. Why do they want to create a new "India spec" car when they already have good cars in their portfolio?
m8002? is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2023, 09:46   #514
vij
BHPian

I am certain this will be visibly bigger than Creta and a bit smaller than Alcazar. Stance looks good from whatever I can see.

Last edited by vij : 2nd June 2023 at 10:13.
vij is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2023, 11:27   #515
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
The rear side window is wide on the Vezel and can be opened and closed in most of the rear door width except for the door handle.
On the other hand, the Elevate adopts a general structure, and the design is also adopted as a lower model.

The rear side window of the elevate can probably be opened and closed only in the first half of the rear door width, and the rear bench glass of the fix window is used in the second half. In addition, the C-pillar is slightly thicker, but the rear quarter glass does not seem to be adopted. Compared to the Vezel, the oblique rear view may not be good.
It took me some time to understand what the above details mean.
But, once I understood it, I think this is a bad design. The rear passengers can only open first half of the window and second half will be fixed. Probably that explains why the second half is camouflaged.
If less than 25% of the windows were fixed, that would still have looked better. But if almost half of rear windows are fixed, I wonder how it would look !!
May be Honda did it so that the rear windows can be rolled down completely. But, I still believe it will not look good and could have been managed better.
rAijin_ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2023, 12:26   #516
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rAijin_ View Post
It took me some time to understand what the above details mean.
But, once I understood it, I think this is a bad design. The rear passengers can only open first half of the window and second half will be fixed. Probably that explains why the second half is camouflaged.
If less than 25% of the windows were fixed, that would still have looked better. But if almost half of rear windows are fixed, I wonder how it would look !!
May be Honda did it so that the rear windows can be rolled down completely. But, I still believe it will not look good and could have been managed better.
If this turns out to be true, I admit it will make the car look really odd. Lets hope that is not the case. From the Japanese spy shots it is possible that the camouflage sticker has exceeded the pane divider on the rear side window glass in question. In the previous indian spy shots where the whole pane is visible with the divider, the first half area of the window does not seem too disproportionately small.

The Indian shots show a more rectangular pane while the Japanese shot seems to have a squarish area which I feel could be due to the camouflage stickers being glued over a part of the first pane.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda's new SUV for India | EDIT: Named Elevate-indian.jpg  

Honda's new SUV for India | EDIT: Named Elevate-japanese.jpg  

TribalRoar is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2023, 13:55   #517
BHPian

Eventually with Honda, even if they deliver a very competent car, they need to be realistic and practical about the pricing which they mostly don't.

They have a 'can't miss' job at hand - deliver a good vehicle at good price which I don't have confidence on HCIL to deliver.

Saying this as a Honda car owner.

Last edited by Yieldway17 : 2nd June 2023 at 13:57.
Yieldway17 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2023, 14:07   #518
BHPian

When Mercedes Benz is shamelessly selling the A Class "limousine" whose specs and features are almost a carbon copy of the Verna Turbo at 70 lakhs (OTR), I don't think Honda has any reason to price the Elevate conservatively - it will have Honda pricing.

Secondly, it will be a Creta sized car. I would be VERY surprised if they could land a Creta-comparable pricing while delivering Honda quality. I am expecting it to score atleast a 4 in the GNCAP, if not 5.

Do not forget that Honda cars are reliable and smooth because of their quality, something almost no other brand can match (barring genuine Toyotas). Even today Jazzes and old Civics are flying around without any sort of trouble. That level of engineering is going to cost money. You either pony up to pay it or you look for alternatives, no point expecting an aggressive pricing from H.
HartBandit is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2023, 14:23   #519
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Honda Elevate spotted alongside Vezel.
Elevate certainly looks bigger, specially the height. Followings are Vezel's dimensions in Japan compared to those of Creta in India:

Vezel: L-4330, W-1790 and H-1580 Link
Creta: L-4300, W-1790 and H-1635

So, the only aspect where Vezel is behind the Creta is height. And Elevate looks way more higher than Vezel. I now hope, after seeing the pictures and comparing Vezel with Creta, that Elevate will be bigger than we earlier thought.

In any case, 6 is not far.
NH08 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2023, 14:50   #520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HartBandit View Post
When Mercedes Benz is shamelessly selling the A Class "limousine" whose specs and features are almost a carbon copy of the Verna Turbo at 70 lakhs (OTR), I don't think Honda has any reason to price the Elevate conservatively - it will have Honda pricing.

Secondly, it will be a Creta sized car. I would be VERY surprised if they could land a Creta-comparable pricing while delivering Honda quality. I am expecting it to score atleast a 4 in the GNCAP, if not 5.

Do not forget that Honda cars are reliable and smooth because of their quality, something almost no other brand can match (barring genuine Toyotas). Even today Jazzes and old Civics are flying around without any sort of trouble. That level of engineering is going to cost money. You either pony up to pay it or you look for alternatives, no point expecting an aggressive pricing from H.
1. A Class limousine is nowhere near 70 lakhs. Maybe you're talking about the AMG A35 model.
Regardless Mercedes is selling their entry-level cars at that price point because they can. Their badge has a lot of weight.
They're a luxury brand.
And A class, 2 series and A4 are nearly in the same ballpark.
Honda can't afford this because their sales are in the gutter and they've only two cars on sale which unfortunately are sedans. And sedans are a dying breed.
I don't like it but crossovers are the latest fashion.
Honda can't overprice it because they have to make an impact in the segment where Scorpio N starts from 15 L and Creta, Hyryder, Kushaq and Astor start well below 15 L.

2. Yes Honda cars are smooth and reliable but so are Hyundais. Especially Hyundai diesels. Honda is not offering any diesel in Elevate.
Naturally aspirated Hyundai petrols are butter smooth.

3. Again Honda isn't offering any cutting edge features which gives them the right of overpricing it.
Remember this is nothing like Hyundai or Suzuki offering another new crossover. It's Honda's surviving chance in Indian market. And they have to price it right otherwise there are better players in the market who will overshadow them.
blueather is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2023, 14:57   #521
BHPian

Quote:
I agree the pricing will be on premium.

I spent 7 lakhs on Honda Jazz in 2010 and last 2 lakhs kms prove it was a very wise decision.

So I m mentally prepared for initial over investment.
sunnsood is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2023, 14:58   #522
BHPian

Fairly evident by now that Honda is going the VW/Skoda way with a Taigun/Kushaq sized competitor and not a larger vehicle. Will certainly be smaller than the Creta.

In any case, Honda displacing the Creta as king of the segment is like trying to displace the City from its own segment, a very hard thing to do.

Honda's famed engineering prowess is now a thing of the past but reliability and long term ownership costs are still a Honda highlight.

However, I still feel this will be based on the Amaze platform, if Honda is going to make the profits they want.

Will applaud them if all the work being done hides the Amaze/WR-V roots!
Redline6800 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2023, 17:51   #523
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If you compare Honda city against its rivals(Verna, Germans) Honda city is not priced at a premium. While I understand germans, new Verna prices are actually higher than that of City.

So I am really hoping Honda will end up matching Creta/Seltos in terms of pricing. The only ace up their sleeve is "strong hybrid" which I feel will go for a premium(I guess same as that of 1.5 turbo offerings of rivals)
rajshenoy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2023, 17:56   #524
BHPian

My source at Honda confirms that Elevate is based on a New platform which is re-engineered and commonized with City. This platform will be utilized for the next gen Amaze as well coming next year.

Also, the car in design is boxy similar to Gen - 1 Creta , the length would be tad smaller than the current Creta/Seltos. Opposite to typical honda with Big Windows, Elevate would be first of its kind having relatively smaller glass area, therefore Honda has planned 2 options of interior Ivory/Beige and Tan for Top Variants - No Black Interiors for Indian Market. It would be more suited for 4 adults as the rear is little cramped and the floor has typical honda hump in center.

On the pricing front it is definitely premium to City with Top End CVT ~ 17.XX Ex Showroom and launch would see only 1.5 Petrol MT/CVT as option - Hybrid powertrain is still a question mark.
Motorhead23 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2023, 18:00   #525
BHPian

Seems like this might be closer to a Taigun/Kushaq in size than the Creta
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks