Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2023, 15:55   #481
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda's new SUV for India | EDIT: Named Elevate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astargea View Post
Dont know why but that particular spy shot doesn't seem to match the Elevate's dimensions. Looks like HRV sized car. Looks to have wider C pillar than the Elevate. Plus has more prominent flared fenders.
Old 26th May 2023, 17:51   #482
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
If its a modified Amaze platform (reading more like similar);
  • wonder how much wheelbase they would have extracted. Definitely lesser than City which is 2600mm and way lesser than Kushaq which is 2651mm ( this really shows in the rear legroom). This wouldn't be as spacious as the Kushaq at the rear.
  • If the length is truly 4.2 ( again even lesser than Kushaq), it would translate to lesser space and feeling of SUVish ( considering the Creta segment)
  • On Amaze platform, hope the interiors are atleast City grade with just better ICE. Hope the build quality is closer to City though which sounds unlikely if its the Amaze platform.

Lastly this should also translate to lower pricing slotting between the City, Kushaq and the XUV300. Will Honda be able to provide value for money (not cheap).

Even as all this is speculation, but from the news pouring; Honda certainly seems to the missing a beat somewhere and is not going full steam.
Wheelbase is not a problem for the Amaze platform. The BR-V which uses Amaze's inner front section, dashboard and door trim but with higher bonnet and wider fenders has a 2,700 mm wheelbase.

If it's truly going to be exported to Japan, build quality will not be an issue.
Astargea is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2023, 17:53   #483
BHPian

Looks like the mystery of which platform will underpin the Honda Elevate will only be de-mystified on launch date.

There are articles that say Elevate will share its platform with the fifth-generation City sedan that’s already sold in India.
Ref: Autocar article on 3rd May

And now there is RushLane article that say it will share with modified Amaze's platform.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vijjuvk View Post
Per a new report by RushLane, a modified version of the Amaze platform will underpin the Honda Elevate, but with City's powertrains.

Source:
https://www.rushlane.com/honda-eleva...-12470610.html
Frankly, I would prefer a 5th gen Honda City based platform rather than Amaze based.
I just hope Honda does elevate its game and come up with a C-SUV that fits the segment and is a good competition. Let's hope it is not another BR-V type mistake.
Old 26th May 2023, 19:29   #484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rAijin_ View Post
Looks like the mystery of which platform will underpin the Honda Elevate will only be de-mystified on launch date.

There are articles that say Elevate will share its platform with the fifth-generation City sedan that’s already sold in India.

And now there is RushLane article that say it will share with modified Amaze's platform.

Frankly, I would prefer a 5th gen Honda City based platform rather than Amaze based.
I just hope Honda does elevate its game and come up with a C-SUV that fits the segment and is a good competition. Let's hope it is not another BR-V type mistake.
Except Amaze, the Brio based platform couldn't do much for Honda India.

There was Brio itself, then brio based Amaze. Brio based MUV aka Mobilio and BRV which was positioned as an SUV.

The current Amaze is also Brio based only.

What exactly are they trying to pull off by making a C segment SUV which essentially will be based on a small hatchback?
Old 26th May 2023, 22:49   #485
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rAijin_ View Post

Let me demystify this for you. Both of those articles are correct. Both the Amaze and the City are built on the same platform now. Till the last generation, City and Jazz shared their platforms but for the 5th gen City, Honda decided to use a modified Brio/Amaze platform as the City is primarily focussed at India and South East Asia.

This is also the reason why we will not get the new Jazz here as Honda would have to localise an entirely new platform just for that one car.
shimoo is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th May 2023, 23:00   #486
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimoo View Post

Both the Amaze and the City are built on the same platform now. Till the last generation, City and Jazz shared their platforms but for the 5th gen City, Honda decided to use a modified Brio/Amaze platform as the City is primarily focussed at India and South East Asia.
The Amaze is based on a platform derived from the old global 6th gen City (4th gen in India), whereas the City and new-gen Jazz, not being offered in India, are based on the same platform. The new-gen Brio is not based on the same platform as the Amaze sold in India.
Marauder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2023, 07:58   #487
Distinguished - BHPian

'Made in India' Honda Elevate, again seen in Japan. Link

Honda's new SUV for India | EDIT: Named Elevate-fxg7aaraiayzasm.jpg

Honda's new SUV for India | EDIT: Named Elevate-fxg7aavayaanc_r.jpg

- Clear New WR-V tail lamps (inverted L shape, horizontal LED beam)
- New alloy wheel design (17"?)
- All black interiors
- In Japan it is expected to be priced~ ¥ 200 million (imported from India)
- 1.5L NA engine at launch

Last edited by volkman10 : 28th May 2023 at 08:16.
volkman10 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 28th May 2023, 11:34   #488
BHPian

¥ 200 million? Can you recheck?

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
'Made in India' Honda Elevate, again seen in Japan.
- In Japan it is expected to be priced~ ¥ 200 million (imported from India)
Old 28th May 2023, 11:50   #489
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animesh View Post
¥ 200 million? Can you recheck?
I guess he meant 2 Million Yen. At the current rate of 100 Yen = 58.70 INR, This translates to approximately 11,74,000 INR. Let's see how much it costs here, Assuming that it's just the launch of the Elevate on 6th June and the price reveal later, with deliveries around the festive season, I guess we have to wait a bit to know the prices.

Last edited by vb-saan : 29th May 2023 at 07:33. Reason: As requested, currency conversion updated
bijims is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th May 2023, 22:12   #490

Well, that kind of ruins the party for me.

From the moment I saw the first leaks, I realised the HR-V coming to us would be a bit too optimistic. Regardless, I still hoped and banked on it being more HR-V than WR-V, but I guess I was wrong.

As someone said before, the fact of the matter is that it is a Honda . So I would still want to check it out but come on Honda.

Last edited by Aditya : 29th May 2023 at 17:45. Reason: Grammar, spacing
Old 29th May 2023, 12:56   #491
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayra View Post
Well that kinda ruins the party for me.
From the moment I saw the first leaks I realised the HR-V coming to us would be a bit too optimistic but regardless, I still hoped and banked on it being more HRV than WRV but I guess I was wrong.
Just trying to understand the reason for your disappointment. What's the differentiating factor between HRV-based vs WRV-based from your perspective? Is it just the size or any other premium factor?
Old 29th May 2023, 13:13   #492
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarthiksr View Post
. What's the differentiating factor between HRV-based vs WRV-based from your perspective? Is it just the size or any other premium factor?
HR-V is sold in USA, Canada, Japan, Europe and few other markets.

WR-V is developed primarily for emerging markets like India, Brazil, and Indonesia. Primary factor while developing such products is 'cost'. Whatever other things companies boast about such products are mostly marketing gimmicks.
Latheesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th May 2023, 18:36   #493
Distinguished - BHPian

Another set of pics of Honda Elevate:

Honda's new SUV for India | EDIT: Named Elevate-20230529144625.jpg

Honda's new SUV for India | EDIT: Named Elevate-20230529144627.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 29th May 2023 at 18:45.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th May 2023, 18:41   #494
BHPian

Wasn't it very clear from the Top View that Honda India shared that it was WRV sold in Indonesia indeed?

Quote:
I wish there was a bird-eye image of the current Honda WRV that sells in Indonesia. The creases have such an uncanny resemblance to the teaser image shared by Honda India.
Old 29th May 2023, 19:15   #495
BHPian

Quote:
Wasn't it very clear from the Top View that Honda India shared that it was WRV sold in Indonesia indeed?
Absolutely not, because:

1. We can see two normal door handles on the Elevate, the WR-V uses hidden rear door handles
2. Divided rear side windows on the Elevate, the WR-V doesn't have it
3. Full-width taillights on the Elevate
4. Sunroof on the Elevate

I'm Indonesian myself, and I know every corners and creases of the WR-V because my workplace have one.

Last edited by Astargea : 29th May 2023 at 19:17.
Astargea is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks